1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please Review my BeerToday website

Discussion in 'Websites' started by mjw1201, Jun 22, 2013.

Hey all,

Just launched this website and am very interested in getting some honest reviews and advice.

Http://BeerToday.com

I appreciate any and all feedback.

mjw1201, Jun 22, 2013 IP
  2. joshuthomas

joshuthomas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Infact I loved almost everything about the website, Starting from the Name, the color combination, the design, the photos, the theme (especially). Good job, just work on adding more content and promoting the blog well in social media - am sure are millions of beer lovers out there!

joshuthomas, Jun 22, 2013 IP
  3. mjw1201

mjw1201 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you so much for your feedback, I was not expecting such kind words right off the bat.

mjw1201, Jun 22, 2013 IP
    joshuthomas likes this.
  4. Karolwf

Karolwf Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry - no time for a long review. I have to buy a BEER. Really nice website.

Karolwf, Jun 27, 2013 IP
  5. @weWriteHere

@weWriteHere Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey,

Very nicely designed site. Easy to navigate, easy on the eye. Once you get more (and varied) content it will be a nice place to visit.

3 thoughts:
    - I know you are just launching, but I always find it irritating when the same content is repeated in different sections. I go to different sections to see different things, not the same thing presented again. (In your case, currently the Blog topics and News items. Indeed, "Are you drinking fresh beer?" is hardly a News article?? Do you actually need both right now?) Once again, I realize your site is new [so is mine and I'm struggling with other issues :) ], and this is probably just a function of loading content to make the site presentable.

- I went straight to the About Us section. I always want to know about the creators - where they are located, their experience and expertise that make their involvement in this product or service worthy of my time, etc. I would spend a bit of time on this first. It should be easy and fast to do.

-Your "Beer Can Chicken BBQ" article highlights an issue faced by non-face-to-face comms - you can't control how people read your words. The "Can" can be taken two ways - thus the headline made no sense to me at first. I had to persevere with a few lines of the article to know what you were talking about. Whereas a picture would have made it instantly clear and, IMHO, instantly interesting to read. Just a thought for all articles going forward.

I like it. (You had me at "beer"!) Will pass it on to a relative in CA who is a real connoisseur. Good luck.

@weWriteHere, Jun 27, 2013 IP
  6. Iain R

Iain R Greenhorn

Best Answers:

Very slick looking site.

But what's the one the you want people to do when they get to your site.

In your slider it you have things like "read more" and "join the community".

Here's what I would say:
    • Reduce the size of your slider or just choose one picture.
    • Put the one thing you want people to do on your homepage.
    • Focus on the one action you want people
    Hope that helps

Iain R, Jun 28, 2013 IP
  7. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    How did you get this awesome domain name!? Very cool. The domain name itself will be worth something if you keep your website going. The website looks great. I am not a big fan of brown and black, but I think it works for your website. Just one suggestion. When you fill out the About Us page, make it as personal as you possibly can. People like when they see pictures of the people who run a business. An instant trust develops. Just my 2 cents.

qwikad.com, Jun 28, 2013 IP