1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you write when you're not in the mood?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Spoiltdiva, Mar 23, 2012.

1. vividlion

vividlion Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have a very simple technique,

first to get myself productive I'll watch something hilarious "e.g" cats on youtube doing silly things,
    it will improve my mood and I find I am more productive once I am in a suitable mood.

I also believe that with writing it's just very easy as long as you are articulate, it's very easy to get it started, if not just find inspiration from other blogs, magazines, and websites, include them in your article after you have credited them first of course for their bit of info, it will spark up a good train of thought and before you know it your mind will be brimming with ideas! hope that helps! really though it's pretty simple hahaha.

vividlion, Jun 15, 2013 IP
    dcristo likes this.
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I believe that holds true for most of us. This is why I wonder how writers can produce good content when *not* in the mood. I used to write as a major source of my income. And when not inspired I frankly, produced artificial crap.

Spoiltdiva, Jun 15, 2013 IP
  3. vividlion

vividlion Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'll be honest I update my blog weekly.

My schedule is so flooded and I still manage to pull high quality content out of my backside
    that gets alot of good feedback you can see for yourself on lightsworth.com

though I do love watching pokemon or something light hearted before writing! Then I'll browse google trends or buzzfeed.com to spark my creativity. they got loads of articles on there related to any niche and what's hot at the moment aswell.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
    vividlion, Jun 15, 2013 IP
  4. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Well I'm glad that works for you, otherwise it would be the shits.:rolleyes:

Spoiltdiva, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  5. dinhquanvuong

dinhquanvuong Peon

Best Answers:
    you can view magazine or newspaper and write in to your blog but rewrite some word

dinhquanvuong, Jun 19, 2013 IP
  6. alexandrubitca

alexandrubitca Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually I'm always in mood to work or write when I'm not home: at somebody's place or in a bus or park.
    That's why I brought myself ans iPad so I can instantly start working whenever my muse strikes me :)

alexandrubitca, Jun 20, 2013 IP
  7. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    @dinhquanvuong
    I'm afraid that copying someone else's content and rewriting some words won't make you succeed, original content might.
    @alexandrubitca
    Kindly tell me what kind of wine you're drinking that keeps you always in the mood to write, and I'll go out and buy a case of it!

Spoiltdiva, Jun 20, 2013 IP
  8. alexandrubitca

Best Answers:
    Who said I'm drinking wine? :) No, I'm not a drinking person, I just love my work and my journalist experience affords me to keep my writing work go on and diversify it (don't judge me by my english writing; I'm from eastern Europe) :)

9. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Well I do and have a wine collection which not only helps me to write, but helps me in general.;) But I don't have a single bottle from eastern Europe. What would you recommend? .........Oh wait, you don't drink, you can't recommend anything.:(

10. alexandrubitca

Best Answers:
    I don't drink but I may take some sips :) In Europe you may find these two brands considered as the best: 1) http://purcari.md/newsite/?lang=en 2) http://cricova.md/en/main.html Cheers! ;)

11. Alyssa Lochmore

Alyssa Lochmore Member

Best Answers:
    Sometimes socializing online and offline helps inspire ideas for me. I agree with the comments above concerning the follow of trending topics.

Alyssa Lochmore, Jun 20, 2013 IP
  12. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    @Alyssa Lochmore
    Socializing is vital for work and personal growth and development. Otherwise we would become myopic and insular in our thinking.

13. Auxi

Auxi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am always in mood :)

Auxi, Jun 20, 2013 IP
  14. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    In the mood for what? This thread is about being in the mood to write. Based on your post you don't know anything about that.

15. Auxi

Auxi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am always in mood to write.

Happy? :p

Auxi, Jun 20, 2013 IP
  16. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Yes I suppose that I am happy that you took the time to write out your simple one sentence comment. Not much effort went into it, but at least it beats post #213...."I am always in mood". This is Copywriting forum, where we discuss *writing*. One line comments with poor English are for General Chat forum.
    Here the standard is a bit higher, either choose to meet said standard, or kindly go to General Chat.;)

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  17. Auxi

Auxi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Come on Spiltdiva, dont be a grammar nazi :) Not everyone was born on North America and not everyone likes to read more than one line comments. Do you know the essence of writting (basic rule 1 of agency journalism but it works also in literature) is art of short text? The real master makes from 5 lines only 1 line :p

The long text doesnt mean it is cool or "high" style. It means there is no big chance a lot of people read it.

And if you feel insulted by my crap Engrish I stop to discuss here in your personal thread now :p

Auxi, Jun 21, 2013 IP
  18. alexandrubitca

Best Answers:
    And this is wrong :) There's a russian marketer, copywriter and successful businessman, Mihail Dashkiev, that proved that long text might be read and it can sell even better than a short one. It really depends on the niche you are working for. So it is wrong to say that "there is no big chance a lot of people read it". It's a crap 'rule' that texts should be short. Sometimes short texts don't inspire trust and the reader might think that the one who wrote them got out of ideas and arguments.
    I, as a journalist, can confirm that short texts are a priority, but only when we are talking about a news article. But that's not the case for a reportage, that is also a journalistic feature, where texts have to be long.

alexandrubitca, Jun 21, 2013 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  19. Auxi

Auxi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am the person who read The Gulag Archipelago or War likeand peace but on internet I have no patience to read anything longer than 400 letters :p Especially not about business - reading motivational books like Dashkiev is wasting of time (my opinion). The good businessman learn from life and mistakes :)

Again - internet is deep blackwater and everything too heavy sinks down fast.

Little bonus of Balzac work :)

http://imgc.allpostersimages.com/im...lzac-s-works-with-handwritten-corrections.jpg

Auxi, Jun 21, 2013 IP
  20. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Sex on demand :p

dcristo, Jun 21, 2013 IP