1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Do I Valuate A Domain For It's Name And Not Content

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by MikeonTV, Jun 16, 2013.

I'm in negotiations with the company I work for an a domain broker to purchase a domain. I'm having a hard time finding the value of the domain based on it's name and not the sites content/traffic/pagerank. The domain in question is thecelebrity.net.

How does one find the true value of a domain name?

Thanks.

MikeonTV, Jun 16, 2013 IP
  2. lilc800

lilc800 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends how much you think it worth a domain when not looking at traffic and pagerank brings the value WAY down. You can own a perfect domain but it will worth no where what it would be with traffic.

So It's worth what someone is willing to pay in my opinion, Unless Keyword and Age is good enough to play a factor (older the domain the better)

lilc800, Jun 16, 2013 IP
  3. noneed

noneed Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not a formal quote, but from my exp I can say it's worth nothing more than $25-50 max.

noneed, Jun 16, 2013 IP
  4. MikeonTV

MikeonTV Member

Best Answers:
    You think it's not worth anything more than $25-50? Can you give me a little understanding why that is?

MikeonTV, Jun 18, 2013 IP
  5. kingofking

kingofking Prominent Member

Best Answers:

I think he is correct. Before that, can you let us know why do you think the domain would be so much valuable? I see that the domain has no good backlinks profile and its not indexed well on google. So, why do you expect more for just the domain name - thecelebrity.net.

Probably, try building the domain with a good site and get it well indexed on Google which might bring up its value manifold!

kingofking, Jun 19, 2013 IP
  6. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

It depends mainly on what it is worth to you - and what you intend to do with it. If you just intend to buy it to flip it as a domain name, then it is worth something less than you think you could sell it for. If you plan to build a site around it, then you need to consider how valuable using this domain instead of some other would be to your overall plan.

Personally, I don't think that domain name is that great. It is a .net and not a .com so right away I think if you are building a site you have better options. I look at a ton of celebrity related sites and all of them are successful without using the word celebrity in their title. It just does not seem to bring that much to the table to make it worth a lot of money. Sure, if you like it, you buy it for a reasonable sum but I would be wary about paying a lot of money for it thinking it has some intrinsic value.

browntwn, Jun 19, 2013 IP
  7. htmlindex

htmlindex Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    They hired you as a "domain broker" when you don't know how to value domains? Wow!!

That name isn't worth more than reg fee if lucky IMO being a .net & having the word "the" in front of it.

htmlindex, Jun 20, 2013 IP