1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What powerful word of courage can you give to encourage a discourage friend.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by wealthyprince, Jun 12, 2013.

Whatever the circumstances, I will tell my friend to forget the past and press forward to a greater future, the past cannot be repaired but the future is spotless we can always get the best if we believe in our-self enough and have confidence and faith in God that the present situation and challenges does not determine our destiny. God have a way of making all things work for our good. cheer up. you are still alive.. all will be well. I love u.

wealthyprince, Jun 12, 2013 IP
    VukasinI likes this.
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I believe this to be true. But this great spirit will *only* come into your life if invited, and if you believe.

Spoiltdiva, Jun 12, 2013 IP
    VukasinI likes this.
  3. wealthyprince

wealthyprince Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes you are 100% correct. ....Invitation and believe..... is very important.....I like your comment.

wealthyprince, Jun 12, 2013 IP
  4. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.
    Romans 8:28

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.
    Proverbs 3:5-6

Senobia, Jun 13, 2013 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  5. Howard Lim

Howard Lim Active Member

Best Answers:
    Faith. Have faith that God will always be there for us. It is Faith in Him that keeps us strong.

Howard Lim, Jun 14, 2013 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  6. dealeris

dealeris Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am not sure if these encouragements would work on a reasonably thinking person.

I prefer: Stop being a pussy and take control of your life

Friedrich Nietzsche once said: "There is too little goodness on Earth to waste the goodness on imaginable stuff"
    :)
    Faith is for the weak, who can't cope with the truth.

dealeris, Jun 15, 2013 IP
    Devtard likes this.
  7. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Stupid comment, how unintelligent it is for you to paint billions of people with a single brush. I'm not about to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent. I could debate this with you, but why waste my time? Besides I don't want this thread to end up in Politics & Religion forum.

Spoiltdiva, Jun 15, 2013 IP
  8. dealeris

dealeris Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nietzsche did that more than 100 years ago, when our science wasn't developed at all - why is it stupid of me to do the same now?

dealeris, Jun 16, 2013 IP
  9. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Have faith in yourself, that's what keeps me strong not some imaginery being that's never existed for me.
    But like diva said, that's for the hate filled cesspool that is the P&R forum

malky66, Jun 16, 2013 IP
    Devtard likes this.
  10. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Friedrich Nietzsche spent his last days in an insane asylum, why the hell would you listen to a madman? His dying words on his deathbed were, "Nazarean, you have come for me". It appears that he found his *faith* towards the end huh?;)

"Science wasn't developed at all"...another stupid comment. Perhaps you've forgotten about the ancient Greeks, or the unscientific simpletons who built the pyramids?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
    Spoiltdiva, Jun 16, 2013 IP
  11. Howard Lim

Howard Lim Active Member

Best Answers:
    To each their own i guess. What matters is that everyone finds something that would keep them strong. It could be religion, a person or even self-confidence or motivation. Laughing goes a long way too.

Howard Lim, Jun 16, 2013 IP
  12. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Life is good if you're strong. Being strong means having control of your fears. We all experience fear at times....fear of rejection, fear of failure, fear of abandonment etc. But with supreme self confidence comes an absence of fear and it is liberating. When you feel fearless you feel invincible.
    The thread header had operative words such as "courage" and "encourage" and also "discouraged". It's all to do with having it or not having it. The OP indicated that if you have it you ought to use it to help those who lack it.
    I believe in doing this temporarily, but if people continue to show fear and refuse to become stronger, I cut them loose as I become disgusted with them.
    "Conquer fear and you become immortal".-Alexander the Great.

Spoiltdiva, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  13. Namesta

Namesta Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This is a much more complex question than it looks... It totally depends on the situation, when my father died i was so broken that nothing that was said to me meant anything, the only thing at the time that i really needed was a friend by my side no conversation required, just the company, because believe me nothing that he has to say will mean much at the time. Anyways, if you have to say something, always try to show a better tomorrow because the present sucks.

Namesta, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  14. Howard Lim

Howard Lim Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yup, thats why i always believe a good hug (pat pat on the back and i sit beside you while you cry and always be there for you) works well when you want to comfort somebody or help them get over something.

Howard Lim, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  15. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    The best encouragement I received, not too long ago actually, went like this: Deal with it!

I like the verse posted by Senobia (Romans 8:28), but it doesn't negate one important fact: God gave us the ability to reason and make choices. When we make poor choices we end up in a mess, reaping the painful consequences of those poor choices. "All things" do not always "work together for good".

An example would be:

If you take a student loan to get through college, do not whine 7-8 years down the road that your life is tough and you've no idea how to get out of debt or pay those loans off.

Or if a woman marries a jealous and abusive man, she shouldn't ask God to make her married life better. She knew what she was doing. If you marry an idiot, you'd probably end up getting hurt.

And on and on it goes...

qwikad.com, Jul 7, 2013 IP
  16. TechGrunth.Com

TechGrunth.Com Banned

Best Answers:
    BeeR ....:rolleyes:

TechGrunth.Com, Jul 21, 2013 IP