1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it easy for you to forgive those that did hurt you in the past?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Gianni Palazzo, Jun 13, 2013.

How many of you find it easy or hard to forgive those who have done bad to you?

I think is very hard to forgive people who have done bad to us at some point in our lives.

What is your opinion about it?

Gianni Palazzo, Jun 13, 2013 IP
  2. fruzzlies

fruzzlies Member

Best Answers:
    I've learned to forgive everyone, it makes me feel better. Even though I may forgive, it doesn't mean that I need to communicate with them any longer.

fruzzlies, Jun 13, 2013 IP
  3. Scott J

Scott J Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I believe it depends on the degree of the offence. How badly did the individual hurt the one in question?

What it boils down to is how much is too much?

Myself? I try to remain strong. Most don’t see the correlation between strength and forgiveness, yet there is a connection. Most think of forgiveness as a bending of one’s will or a sign of weakness in an individual’s character.

While I have been guilty of having this perspective, ultimately I believe that the stronger individual is the one who is willing to forgive and set aside all differences for the common good of all.

Scott J, Jun 13, 2013 IP
  4. Namesta

Namesta Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I speak as someone who mas been through alot, witch im not gonna go onto detail here... but i and my family have been grieved alot and i like to say that i always try my best to be a kind person, but there are a few that i will never forget in the worst way possible im afraid to say :(. Anyways thats just my experiences talking.

Namesta, Jun 13, 2013 IP
  5. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not capable of total forgiveness so I don't even try. The best that I can hope for is to give the offender a pass, and not take revenge on them.
    But God help them if they offend me a 2nd time!:mad:

Spoiltdiva, Jun 13, 2013 IP
  6. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Forgiving is easy. Forgetting is not. Forgiving doesn't mean you have to set yourself up for them to do it again. It just means you refuse to let that person wield power over you any longer by holding on to what they've done.

Let. it. go.

Senobia, Jun 13, 2013 IP
  7. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    It is difficult. But forgiving others also means forgiving yourself, you relieve yourself of another burden of hatred when you forgive a person.

wisdomtool, Jun 13, 2013 IP
  8. Howard Lim

Howard Lim Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is never easy to forgive. But why let some incident in the past continue to hurt you? Be that more gracious person, let go, smile more, believe that tomorrow will be a better day. :)

Howard Lim, Jun 14, 2013 IP
  9. bloggingseo

bloggingseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have forgiven some people, and others I have not. I have to be ready to give it, and I will gladly give the forgiveness when I am capable of doing so. There is one person I tried to forgive, but they just did the same despicable things again as always. So, I had to let that person go from my life. I feel liberated. Sometimes, forgiving can mean more pain. If the person is deserving of forgiveness, they will never do you wrong again. If they do you wrong a second time, it's just time to let them go.

bloggingseo, Jun 15, 2013 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  10. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Of course it all depends on the level of the offense and its duration. It also depends on how personal the offense is. I can forgive some jerk who cuts me off in traffic faster than a mean boss who can't control his/her anger.

Ideally, it's better to forgive, no matter what the offense was. Give it some time then let it go.

qwikad.com, Jun 15, 2013 IP
  11. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:

When you forgive you become free.

Gianni Palazzo, Jun 15, 2013 IP
  12. Elite SEO Marketing

Elite SEO Marketing Member

Best Answers:
    It is a terribably difficult thing to do, however it is a necessity to forgive others who have done wrong to you. it enable you to move forward with contentmetn rather than resentment. "forgive but never forget"

Elite SEO Marketing, Jun 18, 2013 IP
  13. Empire C Ltd

Empire C Ltd Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's not easy to forgive people who have done wrong against you at all and people need to realise this. It's one of the hardest things ever to forgive somebody who has hurt you and you've got to have great courage to be able to do so. I personally find it incredibly hard to forgive people, however, I also believe that everybody deserves a second chance.

Empire C Ltd, Jun 18, 2013 IP
  14. lesa mitchell

lesa mitchell Member

Best Answers:
    You just have to forgive, and forget, let go of the hurt and free yourself from pain and sufferings.

lesa mitchell, Jun 18, 2013 IP
  15. Howard Lim

Howard Lim Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its not easy to just forgive someone. but i believe that time would heal all wounds. Give yourself some time to relax and think things through. Once you are ready to forgive, it will come naturally.

Howard Lim, Jun 18, 2013 IP
  16. Tarissa

Tarissa Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm one of those who forgives way too easily and ends up getting hurt again. You'd think one day I'd learn! haha

Tarissa, Jun 18, 2013 IP
  17. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    If people realize that you're the forgiving type, they may come at you again. But if your vengeance is terrible they won't dare. People think twice before they screw around with me.;)

Spoiltdiva, Jun 19, 2013 IP
  18. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:

What would you do if they offend you for second or third time my friend?

Gianni Palazzo, Jun 23, 2013 IP
  19. Hirok

Hirok Member

Best Answers:
    Sometimes i finds it difficult to forgive someone if he makes me feel very very upset or hurt me a lot. But sometimes i used to forgive instantly.

Hirok, Jun 23, 2013 IP
  20. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Revenge is sweet, I usually start by getting them audited by the revenue service, and from there they quickly discover that their overall luck has *somehow* changed for the worse.;)

Spoiltdiva, Jun 23, 2013 IP