1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone Ever Donated Blood ?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by smellyfinger, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Twelve

Twelve Member

Best Answers:
    Giving blood is noble and good.
    And yes it'll be especially hard for those who are afraid of needles.
    But one has to always remember that we've to give with responsibility.
    Responsibility meaning that we got to make sure we are healthy and we do not suffer from any diseases or illnesses, under medications and drugs and of course STD Free.

Twelve, May 9, 2013 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  2. topcoder

topcoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's one of the best things you can do and it's a great feeling. When I went to college, I had a temporary job at a Children's hospital where my sole task was to transport blood from the blood bank across the street to the hospital.

There was always a shortage of certain blood types ( AB- and A-)

It just so happens I'm A-, ever since experiencing that there shortages of my blood type, I give it.

If something ever happened to me and I need blood, I just hope Karma pays me back.

topcoder, May 9, 2013 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  3. Nightcrawler~

Nightcrawler~ Member

Best Answers:
    i never donate blood, because i am so terrified with needles, its feel scary enough with it. (shame on me) :(

Nightcrawler~, May 9, 2013 IP
  4. Simon Hogg

Simon Hogg Peon

Best Answers:
    Ni I have never donated blood

Simon Hogg, May 10, 2013 IP
  5. gamacca

gamacca Guest

Best Answers:
    I Never Donated Blood

gamacca, May 10, 2013 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I live in New Zealand and if you lived in the UK during the mad cow era you can't give blood - most people my age spent time in the UK during those years so we're all excluded. Given that we are also the most likely to give blood based on demographics it must be quite a strain on the blood banks.

My mother had lots of transfusions but had a limited life expectancy. I would like to see our blood banks open up a tiered system of blood donation:
    Type 1 would be the non-CJD donors and would be given to children and younger adults.
    Type 2 would be for those with a life expectancy of less than 5 years.

I imagine the legal teams would have a field day if someone was given type 2 blood when they thought they shouldn't but you'd think it would help keep the banks full.
    you seem proud of that, care to elaborate?

sarahk, Jun 8, 2013 IP
  7. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:

All of this makes providing a blood supply very difficult, especially for those who can only take universal donor blood. From what I have experienced, those who are O negative are also mot likely to donate as they themselves know that only their own blood type can save them.

But until there is a better system recruiting donors more long term and paying them (which I think is more than fair considering there is time, transportation etc spent), we will always be a step behind.

Until of course artificial donor blood is on the market. But again, from what I have been told, we are at least 10 years away from seeing it being used (except from a few experimental facilities which could begin within the next 5 years).

Blogmaster, Jun 10, 2013 IP
  8. sahej singh

sahej singh Member

Best Answers:
    I never donate my blood but i like to donate my blood for the needy persons

sahej singh, Dec 22, 2013 IP