1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best way to promote affiliate products ?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by rampageenergyman, Jun 4, 2013.

Which is the best way to make money from affiliate marketing ?
    1) Is making a review site with various products and search engine optimizing it
    (or)
    2) Making niche sites, providing a lot of information on one niche (eg forex) and then promoting one kind of product

Please tell me which is a better way.
    And are review sites profitable ? I intend to write product reviews of famous and trustworthy products.

Thanks in advance

rampageenergyman, Jun 4, 2013 IP
  2. Sukha Bansi

Sukha Bansi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are several methods try both.
    while you will be doing it you will learn a lot of things about IM and you will able to twist the methods and earn good.
    Try both of them both are very good.

Sukha Bansi, Jun 4, 2013 IP
  3. pnp4all

pnp4all Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i think 1) Is making a review site is better opt...

as visitors has choice to select and they may register with diff products... so you can get the commission for all the sales from all products from same or diff. companies..

Good Luck...!!!

pnp4all, Jun 5, 2013 IP
  4. samir_designs

samir_designs Member

Best Answers:
    review site is great but the competition is heavy. If you have the time and money to do keyword and backlink strategies as well as writing quality reviews. Even in review sites most customers look towards the comments then you will have a chance. You need alot of traffic cause a review site is a first step to buying a product. Second step is getting a great deal on it.

Otherwise stick with a niche site not necessary a blog about the product and grab a video testimonial, articles, why it is great. Write multiple articles targeting keywords such as "should i buy ..." "where to buy ..." "how much is ...." "why is ...". Also targeting long tail keywords.

samir_designs, Jun 5, 2013 IP
  5. Shipra Mukhopadhyaya

Shipra Mukhopadhyaya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dear rampageenergyman,

The first one is instant (almost) and buyers oriented while the second one takes a lot of time, work and content. Moreover, the second one is not a buyers' only way, it attracts lots of freebie seekers too. Though the second one survives long run. You can make money from the second way for long time just by offering better products time to time.

So it is better to say you are to decide which one you should go for. In my opinion, for instant result first one is better while for long-term, the second one is better. If you are desperate to earn quickly try youtube video marketing with product review video targeting to buyers' keywords niche. For more details about it take a look at here.

Shipra Mukhopadhyaya, Jun 6, 2013 IP
  6. rampageenergyman

rampageenergyman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks A lot again Shipra :)

Thanks Samir :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2013
    rampageenergyman, Jun 6, 2013 IP
  7. Martin Coleman

Martin Coleman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I believe the first option is much better , you just have to make sure of the content and description of your marketed products/niche.
    Viewers pay extremely high attention to content
    Create valuable and credible content. Surfers and potential buyers are looking for 100% complete content and honest reviews, building a reputation would equal to viewers to trust your site

Martin Coleman, Jun 6, 2013 IP
  8. Khadaji

Khadaji Active Member

Best Answers:
    Neither will work very well.

#2 has been killed by the latest Google algorithm changes. If you must create a review site - make it a larger one reviewing all products that are conceivably related somehow...

But if you really want to make affiliate sales... read on:

The serious players in the Affiliate marketing game utilize their list rather than review sites. A review site requires constant upkeep to keep its Google love - which you need for anyone to see the site.

Constant backlinking and article writing, as well as fresh content for the review site will be needed to stay on page one of Google. By using your time to build your list instead - you don't have to rely on Google, and you can sell time and time again to your list. In fact, with a good Autoresponder email series - it'll be all completely automatic.

Keep in mind that the common wisdom is that someone needs to view a sales page 7 times before making the decision to buy... with a review site - you may get lucky... but with a list you can repeatedly talk about the benefits of Product X - and make the sale... whereas with a review site visitor - the moment he leaves your site you've lost all opportunity to make the sale.

I know you've seen those shots of a Clickbank account showing hundreds of dollars a day - I guarantee you that those sales are coming from a list, rather than a site.

Khadaji, Jun 6, 2013 IP
  9. pnp4all

Best Answers:
    Ok your idea seems awesome ... but i dint understood about list ... ??? can you explain bit.. really interested to know...

pnp4all, Jun 6, 2013 IP
  10. Khadaji

Khadaji Active Member

Best Answers:

What every serious Internet market does is create a 'list'... of buyers, or of information seekers... If you've ever bought an ebook or video course, you almost certainly had to give them your email. Then daily, or weekly, you get an email from them.

Often called a "Newsletter" - these emails that you get can pitch you on other products, and if you buy, you just made the list owner some money... even if it wasn't his product... he made an affiliate sale.

Anyone who's in any sort of business will tell you that the most reliable 'new' customers are your old customers... Once people learn to trust your opinion, they'll buy from you again and again.

That's all a list is... if you want to see one in action, feel free to click on the link below.

Now, if you've been hanging around Internet marketing at all - you've heard the phrase "The money is in the list" - but it's more accurate to say that "The Money is in your RELATIONSHIP with your list"

I'm personally subscribed to probably well over 100 lists... but I only seriously and regularly read three of them. I go into more detail in my 'List Lightning' manual - but in essence, these three list marketers have taken the time to interest me, and give me valuable free information... I've learned that they won't steer me wrong just for the sake of a quick commission.

Now, guess who makes money off of me? Not those other 100 list owners... I rarely even read their emails... I use 'em mostly for research on list marketing. But the three to whom I refer have made affiliate commissions from me when I decided that I liked a recommendation that they were making.

Now, to create your own list, you need three things... you need a free informational 'gift' to giveaway in return for their email (I recommend re-writing some good PLR material) - you need a landing page (really, an entire funnel) on a website, and you need an autoresponder company to handle your emails. (Hmm... actually, you'll need to write a bunch of emails too!)

Click on the link below and I'll send you more information, as well as some realistic numbers on what this will cost to get started. Keep in mind that you'll be joining my list - but if you don't like what I'm sending, you just click the 'unsubscribe' link, and that's the last email you will see from me.

Hope this helps...

Khadaji, Jun 6, 2013 IP
  11. pnp4all

Best Answers:
    really this was nice writeup man...thnx for explaining list...
    can you suggest me some sort of website sript or tools to start up with... a awesome landing page, email automation etc... i would like to start with the easiest affiliate to earn means tell your recipe so it would be the genius one`s ... Thanks again.. :)

pnp4all, Jun 6, 2013 IP
  12. Khadaji

Khadaji Active Member

Best Answers:

Well, everyone I've seen hypes 'OptimizePress' - and I may decide to get it one of these days... but the only things you'll seriously need is a good landing page creator - or enough knowledge of HTML to create good landing pages... You'll need the 'Pinoy' exit redirect plugin ... free. You'll probably want a good popup script... there's a number of free ones available.

The Landing page program I use is Epic Squeeze, and I've been quite happy with it.

You'll also need either Aweber or GetResponse... both of which are either a free or $1 for the first month.

Khadaji, Jun 7, 2013 IP
  13. bbrian017

bbrian017 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The best way to promote anything (including affiliate links) is by blogging. This allows you to promote on so many platforms. Blog marketing is much easier than any other traditional from of marketing!

bbrian017, Jun 7, 2013 IP
  14. Khadaji

Khadaji Active Member

Best Answers:

I hope you don't mind if I disagree with you?

In a typical day - a person might visit your blogging website to view an article, then visit my site.

Presuming we're both in the same niche - I have roughly a 40% chance to snag his email. Whereupon I'll be able to send repeated emails that can sell him on something - you've had just *ONE* chance to sell him.

The common wisdom is that it takes 7 times viewing a product before someone can be enticed into buying it. Naturally, that's only an average... some people will buy something the first time they see it, and others may examine it 20 times over a month's time before making the decision.

But unless you are getting that visitor's name on your list - you won't have as many opportunities to sell as I will.

Now, let's toss a name into the hat... as a blogger - you've surely heard of John Chow. And if you go to his site, you'll see in the top right - an opt-in form. But that's not all... wait a few seconds, and you'll get a pop-up asking you to join his list.

If John Chow is creating his list... why wouldn't you?

I don't disagree that blogging is a powerful way to promote things, I blog myself - I just think it's less than optimum.

Khadaji, Jun 7, 2013 IP
  15. Howard Lim

Howard Lim Active Member

Best Answers:
    i agree with both Khadaji and bbrain017.

Having list and a blog are both very good ways at promoting anything.
    Blogging enables you to connect with your viewers, to be able to create a relationship with those that read your blog.

Having a list of subscribers is also great and like what Khadaji said, if you have a blog, why not create a list at the same time? I mean there is no harm in doing that, especially when people are already visiting your blog and they like what they see! I'm sure they will be more than willing to be a part of your subscribers list.

Hey if you are really serious about promoting affiliate products, have you considered created a squeeze page or a blog and promote to people that believe in you? never force anyone to join you, but enable people to join you when you show that you are trustworthy and have great products you would like to share with them!

Howard Lim, Jun 7, 2013 IP
  16. rampageenergyman

rampageenergyman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks I already have a blog on " vision care "
    I post quality posts and also have subscribers :)
    I just wanted to know if there are any other ways to affiliate marketing.
    Thanks a lot.

Even the review site that I plan to create are not spammy hit and run sites with 1 posts. I will make it huge with quality reviews and articles. :)

rampageenergyman, Jun 7, 2013 IP
  17. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:

Of course, review sites are very helpful to promote affiliate products, what you need to do is to write reviews centered around your affiliate product and it would work, but you have to do SEO of your review site to get visitors from search engines as visitors from search engines are targeted visitors I would say.

SERPpoint, Jun 8, 2013 IP
  18. Khadaji

Khadaji Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just keep in mind that unless you 'connect' on the very first visit, you're unlikely to get a second chance. Even if someone spends 5-10 minutes reading several of your blog posts - that alone is unlikely to produce a sale. People like to research a product before deciding to buy it... are you the last place they checked before making the sale? But if your blog is interesting enough, people might bookmark you or join your list. I find it far more likely that they will sign up for updates and a 'freebie' than bookmark you.

You want sales? You need extended contact with potential buyers...

I think anyone who has a good blog, and who isn't building a list with that blog... is leaving money on the table.

Khadaji, Jun 8, 2013 IP
  19. Waqar Akram

Waqar Akram Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank You so much for this great post, I am quite new to E-mail and list making, can you please tell me what is the effective way of building a list How it is done, I would be very thankful to you.

Regards

Waqar Akram, Jun 8, 2013 IP
  20. Khadaji

Khadaji Active Member

Best Answers:

The most 'effective' way is with a landing page leading into a funnel. I'm sure you've seen landing pages before - they offer you an ebook, manual, software, script, plugin ... something you want... and ask you to enter your email address to get it.

That - in essence, is the beginning of the list building process.

Another way is on a blog - where you'll see a 'Subscribe To Our Newsletter' in the sidebar - or a popup screen saying the same thing.

The whole idea, of course, is to collect the email addresses of people who are interested in your niche market - and be able to market to them time and time again.

My niche is the MMO niche - the Make Money Online niche... and those who are interested in making money online don't buy just one product... they buy dozens of them... anything that catches their eye. And it's a good niche because virtually everyone is a potential buyer. I'm' sure that Mother Teresa would never have joined my list - but it's hard to come up with people who don't care to earn more money.

But any niche can be a good one if there's a need for a solution to a problem.

Khadaji, Jun 8, 2013 IP