1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tips on Minimizing Risk When Link Building

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by contech, Apr 20, 2013.

1. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    The thing is if you are building quality links you are safe, but you have to diversify anchor texts too, for better result and natural links..

Most importantly, content creation is also too helpful these days..

SERPpoint, May 5, 2013 IP
  2. contech

contech Member

Best Answers:
    If its created with a shitty article that is only pointing to the main website of course it would look UNNATURAL.

How about a web 2.0 property with a properly diversified keywords and has outbound links not only pointing to the main website or main website pages but it has links pointing to high authority sites like Yahoo, CNN News, Amazon, etc.?

This methods will be very useful if done properly. Well that is based on my experience as well as a lot of people doing SEO out there.

contech, May 5, 2013 IP
  3. wastrox

wastrox Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nice post,

And also be careful with spam/low quality/deindexed website. You can use tool such as linkdetox to identify your current backlink...

wastrox, May 6, 2013 IP
  4. contech

contech Member

Best Answers:

Thanks man.

contech, May 6, 2013 IP
  5. Pillai.G

Pillai.G Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Great tiered link building method.. Good job, mate!

Pillai.G, May 11, 2013 IP
  6. contech

contech Member

Best Answers:
    link diversity, creating related UNIQUE articles on every web 2.0 property (You can use CurationSoft for this to be easy) and different blog templates and PROFILE will be the key to this technique.

You do this because you act as a different person on every property you create. so templates, profile account, articles should be different but of course articles must be related as posted in my previous post, check image.

As long as it help others, thanks man.

contech, May 11, 2013 IP
  7. rankwatch.com

rankwatch.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Post Google penguin and Panda updates, it's all about earning links and not about about building links anymore. A good niche specific content strategy, providing value to the users, being active on social media can help a site earn quality links which can get help them improve their search visibility and traffic.

rankwatch.com, May 12, 2013 IP
  8. deepakkumarg

deepakkumarg Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey my friend, I am publishing my content as well as promoting it through social network as well. But my ranking goes down and down. Can you please let me know how this thing is happening.

deepakkumarg, May 16, 2013 IP
  9. contech

contech Member

Best Answers:

There are a lot of factors why that is happening, You're publishing your content, On what way? Because you do it incorrectly or over optimizing your keywords then your expectation of the results doing that techniques might be the complete opposite of what you expected.

Do it correctly and always keep it look natural my friend.

contech, May 16, 2013 IP
  10. xXxpert

xXxpert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Nice.. it answered some of my questions about link building. but be frank i have never purchased any backlink for my site and also never tried to waste time for making them on other sites. all i got are natural backlinks that users create on their sites while copying my content

xXxpert, May 16, 2013 IP
  11. contech

contech Member

Best Answers:
    that's nice to know and yea you have made a correct decision not purchased any backlinks for your site as it might get you penalized.

contech, May 16, 2013 IP
  12. Pillai.G

Pillai.G Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Just wanted to share this with you guys when we are so concerned about Google Algortihm changes, I just laughed looking at this

[​IMG]

Pillai.G, May 16, 2013 IP
  13. inclineseo

inclineseo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Great post! I learned my consequences with anchor text penalties when I was a newb, only put in the keyword as a hyperlink and nothing else. Needed to add more generic terms ;(

inclineseo, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  14. markwill1980

markwill1980 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Content is King, BUT Link Quality is QUEEN! What people used to do, is go and get as many links as possible. AND THIS USED TO WORK. But, Search Engines caught on ofcourse. So they added a layer of checking. And the Anchor Text became priority. So forget the fact that a site has 2k links. If you want to rank for a keyword your anchor text needs to have a good amount of mentions within your keyword....

THEN the search engines got smarter. So they were checking if the anchor text ratio looked natural. If you had 95% anchor text that spelled out your keyword. It also spelled out UNNATURAL. So you got penalized.

Update here, update there.. Now we are current. Quality over quantity. 1000 backlinks from No pagerank sites is useless- if your competition has even 5 links from PR4 websites. Google wants to see people with Authority, Trust, Age, etcc... are linking to you.

Diversification. You can go and get 10 blog comments on a high PR blog. But if those are all your incoming links- This is No Bueno. You need to have links from all over the place. Forums, Blog Comments, Guest Posts, Social Sharing Sites, Social Networking Profile Pages, Article sites, Directories, etc... You cant focus on one type of link, because it will be the end of you.

And make sure youre not reusing the same page over again and putting your links up. Dont do that. Diversification- Remember!

All websites are hosted somewhere and have IP addresses. For the people buying links, or just getting links from certain networks, make sure your links are coming from pages not hosted on the same IP address. Google can come to the assumption that this is a single person or group of people hosting these sites and selling links. This has happened to some big blog networks. And if they see your site only getting links from the same IP address, you will be in trouble.

Synonyms oh sweet synonyms. Google is the leading search engine for a reason. Marketing Gurus, Business Gurus, and Programming Gurus. If you are creating a site and targetting the keyword "Ebook making software", you cant just use that in your anchor text. We know that now. So we need to diversify and put other stuff. So your company name, the website url, "click here", "read more", etc.. BUT! Thats not all. You need to use synonyms. Think about it. When people are linking to a site, not everyone thinks the same. The person creating the site may think about "ebook making software". Joe from down the block may think "ebook creating software". Chrystal from the local Walmart may think "ebook making program". Karmen from the gym may think "app to make ebooks"...Etc.

You get the point. Diversification - Remember! Synonyms must be used in On-Page SEO, and Off-Page SEO. So use those sysnonyms in your backlinks!

Ok. Bedtime for me. Thanx for reading!

markwill1980, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  15. Krishspeech

Krishspeech Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your nice explanation. Waiting for your next thread or tutorial. I have a question to you after latest algo update what kind of backlink strategy are you following?

Regards
    Ramkrishna

Krishspeech, Jun 4, 2013 IP