1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Directory Submission.

Discussion in 'Directories' started by ashutoshksingh, May 15, 2013.

I have already submitted my website in lots of directory around 500.But i wouldn't see any major impact on search engine regarding my keywords.Is submit my website in 0 pr directory with fast approval is ok or not..anyone help me how can i do directory submission..

ashutoshksingh, May 15, 2013 IP
  2. stoner3221

stoner3221 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There are only a very small number of high quality directories that you should have been submitting to. What you have done, providing your submissions are processed is give your website a bad linking profile.

stoner3221, May 15, 2013 IP
  3. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

If you used the same Title and Description then you have done immeasurable damage to your website.

browntwn, May 15, 2013 IP
    tornado! and stoner3221 like this.
  4. syted

syted Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes but it depends on the site you're submitting, would you like to share it?

syted, May 15, 2013 IP
  5. ashutoshksingh

ashutoshksingh Active Member

Best Answers:

Please suggest me how can i do directory submission now or totally stop the directory submission.

6. ashutoshksingh

Best Answers:
    I am posting the link of directory sites their page rank is 0 in which i have submitted my websites (fast approval directory within 5 working days).
    http://www.addurlarts.com/FreeDirectoryList (when you open this link ..you will find the list of directory websites) please help me out.

7. ashutoshksingh

Best Answers:
    Yes, i have almost used the same title & description .But from few days i am using the new titler but not description.

8. gkd_uk

gkd_uk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    500 directories. That would have included lots of poor directories and lots which may have been penalised by Google. Pick your directories carefully and submit to quality directories.

gkd_uk, Jun 6, 2013 IP
  9. rupom89

rupom89 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Brother submit directories which site Alexa page rank is better. Than you can get better result.

rupom89, Jun 25, 2013 IP
  10. image2all

image2all Member

Best Answers:
    You have to submit your site in High PR Directory site like PR 8 to 3. And you have to keep in your mind that you have to choose proper Category and use different description.
    It you will be fine, if you choose Do-Follow directory site for listing of your site.

Thanking you.

image2all, Jun 28, 2013 IP
  11. Alex jones

Alex jones Member

Best Answers:
    The first and the fore most thing is the PR and then comes the indexing, be sure that the PR is not fake and the inner pages are ranked well. If you place your site in some unknown directory then there are chances that you might get penalized.

Alex jones, Jun 29, 2013 IP
  12. VladSac

VladSac Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    How do we know if a certain directory is penalized by Google?

VladSac, Jun 29, 2013 IP
  13. ibne zahed arkan

ibne zahed arkan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    1 pr5 better then (submit 500) pr0

ibne zahed arkan, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  14. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

see if they rank for their main title on Google. See if they lost large amount of traffic (you can use SEMRush.com), see if they used to have a high PR and are zero now. See where they're getting their backlinks from

Nima, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  15. Arabule

Arabule Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The quantity does not matter, but the quality of the directories. Look for decent directories, follow their rules, provide original content each time you submit and you shall see a difference then.

Arabule, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  16. Matt Alen

Matt Alen Member

Best Answers:
    Yest , i like this one.

Matt Alen, Nov 3, 2013 IP
  17. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are just harming your site. Negative SEO.

averyz, Nov 4, 2013 IP
  18. gladiator27

gladiator27 Member

Best Answers:
    Can someone give examples for high quality directories that are worth submitting to? I have a new website and I need to get some good links to it. I saw that many directories have good pagerank but I suspect that in many cases the pagerank is fake. (they have too much spam)

gladiator27, Nov 5, 2013 IP
  19. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I doubt that there are even 500 directories truly worth submitting to.

Evaluate each directory before you submit to them.

Ignore the folks who tell you to submit based on PR. PR is too easily faked, stolen or bought. I would much rather have a link on a PR 0 directory that is well-run than a PR5 that has no internal PR and the listings are garbage. Besides, PR hasn't been updated all year. So, whatever score you see is likely not correct anyway.

Things to look for before submitting...

Is the domain obviously one that was used for something else? Some idiot put a general directory on a site like rareafricandisease.org (replace the name with the disease name) hoping to capitalize on the backlinks from within the science community. Eventually, the old backlinks got deleted and/or Google got wise and discounted them. The directory died but meanwhile the directory owner had made quite a bit of money from people chasing PR. There's nothing wrong with using a domain that someone already used for a directory but don't fall for the PR seller who is banking on you not understanding the likelihood that their PR is going to disappear.

Are they maintaining categorization? If you find a bunch of non-related sites within the categories, it's not worth submitting. Check out the first categories listed on the homepage (usually Arts) - that's generally where the lazy spammers will submit and the even lazier directory owners will leave their submissions.

Look at the recently submitted and top links pages. Read the descriptions. Are they lists of keywords, nonsensical sentences or a readable description of each site? If they are anything other than well-formed sentences, the directory is not worth submitting to.

The good news is that there is a good chance all of those submissions you made won't be accepted. A lot of "free directories" never actually accept free submissions in the hopes that folks will pay extra for an "express" review.

Going forward, be more cautious of the directories you submit to. If I had to guess, that list of 500 you were working with may only have 20 or so actually worth submitting to.

YMC, Nov 5, 2013 IP
    Alex210 likes this.