1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to set up an online store?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by GamePlaceFTW, May 11, 2013.

I want to make a online ebook store! I wasn't sure if it would be easier just putting them on to amazon and linking it to the site?
    Is there any plugins? tools? Or blog systems to get a shop on your site? Or on a blog?

GamePlaceFTW, May 11, 2013 IP
  2. seocrusher

seocrusher Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are plugins like: wrobot, associate goliath, etc

seocrusher, May 11, 2013 IP
  3. gkuang2

gkuang2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't see the point in linking your product from amazon to your site. People would most likely just buy the product from amazon.

gkuang2, May 11, 2013 IP
  4. SEOPackageServices

SEOPackageServices Peon

Best Answers:
    Its called affiliate marketing:) Cookies can be tracked up to 90 days, and within that time if someone buys anything from amazon you will get commisions. There is plenty of successful amazon affiliate sites that make $1000s p/month.

OP, you can install wordpress and check out these plugins
    http://winkpress.com/amazon/plugin/

Hope this helped mate

SEOPackageServices, May 13, 2013 IP
  5. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've also seen people set up online stores on eBay. They choose an eBay username that is very similiar to the name of their site or blog (minus the .com) ;)

danasurvey, May 13, 2013 IP
  6. SEOPackageServices

SEOPackageServices Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, you can even do this and makes your ebay shop look like a competitor to your website shop - put slightly lower prices on ebay perhaps etc.. this way you have 2 shops fronts online.. good cop, bad cop :)

SEOPackageServices, May 13, 2013 IP
  7. David Justin Clint

David Justin Clint Member

Best Answers:
    I have set up a couple of sites targeting niches on Amazon. Setting up a site is easy, even easier if you use the plugins mentioned above. But the site makes no money without traffic/visitors.

Some people recommend buying on Amazon and selling on E-bay. Didn't work for me, I got banned on e-bay. The thing is, you never know why they ban your account. Could be anything. So it is a slow learning process.

You are probably better off making an interesting niche site and work it 'til you get traffic. Then advertise a few Amazon products on the site. If the visitor clicks your ad and ends up on Amazon, you will get the commission no matter what product visitor chooses to buy in the next 30 days.

However, you only get 4-8% commission, it will take time for earnings to add up.

Another good business plan is to "sell physical products on Amazon" (google it). Also google "Drop ship", and "Fullfillment by Amazon". You can earn up towards 40-50% profit in this way.

David Justin Clint, May 14, 2013 IP
  8. GamePlaceFTW

GamePlaceFTW Greenhorn

Best Answers:

Wow thank you!
    This really was a good help! I am hoping to build a good amount of traffic soon! And want to get my own books out there! But thank you for another good way of advertising! Do you think this way can earn more than the normal ads like adsense/clicksor?

Thanks again
    Oli

GamePlaceFTW, May 14, 2013 IP
  9. GamePlaceFTW

GamePlaceFTW Greenhorn

Best Answers:

thanks I will give some of these a go!

10. GamePlaceFTW

GamePlaceFTW Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks mate! All this helped me! Really helps when you have some good people that tell you some good things! Have you ever used google affiliate?

Thanks
    Oli

11. aaa143

aaa143 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    ebook store is not an easy thing where most of the ebooks had copyright one where there are lot of problems in it.

aaa143, May 14, 2013 IP
  12. GamePlaceFTW

GamePlaceFTW Greenhorn

Best Answers:

I was thinking of more selling my own books! Just need a way to get money and have a system to send the books! The amazon affiliate is just a bonus and another way for me to earn money!:D