1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best structured class for learning seo

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by orinbe, May 13, 2013.

I am looking for a structured class to better learn SEO, too many people out there with different opinions on things and want to cut my mistake time in half. does anyone know any schools or online classes that have a good structured approach to learning SEO and are reputable?

orinbe, May 13, 2013 IP
  2. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It will be interesting to see answers as the best way to learn SEO is to do it. It's all about focused content in order to serve the end users needs and bettering the competition in order to rank higher.

Revelations-Decoder, May 13, 2013 IP
  3. orinbe

orinbe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thanks for the reply, yes but as far as structuring efforts to maximize time and learning solid basics for a foundation when doing it yourself, where can i get this information. Ive got some basics and have done it myself, i guess i need to get a good structure down and make sure that what i know is correct and im not leaving anything out.

orinbe, May 13, 2013 IP
  4. Revelations-Decoder

Best Answers:
    My point is there is no "one way" to do SEO. Everyone has their own methods so how can you pick where to learn. You need to choose who you like to learn from by what they do IMHO.

5. orinbe

orinbe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks, but what is IMHO?

orinbe, May 13, 2013 IP
  6. Revelations-Decoder

Best Answers:

In my humble opinion

It's more of a polite way of saying "in my opinion" as in it is "an opinion" and nothing more than that.

7. orinbe

orinbe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    got cha. thanks..

orinbe, May 13, 2013 IP
  8. Revelations-Decoder

Best Answers:
    Many people will tell you similar things about who or where to learn.

Some will say Rand Fishkin SEOMOZ, some Aaron Wall SEOBook, some Jill Whalen HighRankings, some will say all sorts of names or places, but really there is no one place to learn SEO. Myself I haven taken very little of knowledge from such sources as that's not really how it works.

Matt Cutts is a Google engineer and many learn form him and he does vidoes about SEO all the time yet I have been studying SEO since 2003 and never watched a Matt Cutts video.

People will tell you all sorts of nonsense. But IMHO (again) the best way to learn is hands on and start with longer tail and work towards the shorter tail search terms as generally the shorter the terms the greater the competition when it comes to those with commercial connontations.

Try and read a good few of Googles webmasters pages related to the things you want to find out.

Last edited: May 13, 2013
  9. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    My only best guess would be Full Sail university, I think they teach SEO. Other than that, I haven't seen too many "structured" classes. However there is a full training program called Stomper Net which will teach you everything you need to know about SEO. Good luck! :)

ninjamtlt1, May 13, 2013 IP
  10. orinbe

orinbe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thanks, thats what im looking for. i dont want to leave anything out of my activities. ive looked at full sail. I but ill check stomper too.

orinbe, May 13, 2013 IP
  11. Revelations-Decoder

Best Answers:

And you have checked these sources out and can verify them as a good place from first hand experience then yes? Or are you just going by hearsay?

12. orinbe

orinbe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    exactly. i want to get info and check out what people are saying about the courses.

orinbe, May 13, 2013 IP
  13. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    @orinbe, there are some good sources out there ... and a lot of bad ones. Just for starters, let me recommend two from among those that I find informative:

• Whiteboard Friday at seomoz.org — they have archived a ton of these mostly helpful, brief videos.

• Jill Whalen's "High Rankings" forum. Again, go back and read through the archives.

Jim4767, May 13, 2013 IP
  14. orinbe

orinbe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thanks @jim4767, my only concern about archived seo information at this point is figuring out what has been affected by search engine updates. How do i know what methods are usable and will have impact on rankings?

orinbe, May 14, 2013 IP