1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Proven methods to drive traffic to website

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Mr Mac, May 10, 2013.

Hi,
    I realy need help from forum members on this. I need some personally proven and tested "It really works" methods that will drive visitors to a website.
    Please reply only with proven methods that you used and worked for you and your website.
    Please everyone, contribute and help me out here.

Mr Mac, May 10, 2013 IP
  2. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi pal, I'm pretty sure that there isn't proven method that works for everyone. You should find your own method and work. Maybe link building or social media can help you the best but that doesn't mean that they will for sure.

VukasinI, May 11, 2013 IP
  3. doktu

doktu Active Member

Best Answers:
    I believe one method may work for you, and not for another. The niche, and your main purpose determines it all. I first thought article writing wasn't a good method until I stuck to it consistently. I works, because content is king.

doktu, May 11, 2013 IP
    shteca likes this.
  4. BusinessSpy

BusinessSpy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can only say you, there is no proven method.
    You have to work on social networks like Facebook, Twitter etc.
    There is live traffic which you can bring to your site ;)

BusinessSpy, May 11, 2013 IP
  5. Mr Mac

Mr Mac Member

Best Answers:
    Google Adwords is a proven method to drive traffic to a website, but it is a paid one. The methods I am looking for is free "proven to work" methods. I really dont think there is no proven method that works for everyone, I believe that there is and I hope that someone are willing to share that knowledge with the rest of us. U know sharing is caring and you get a good karma back to You.

Mr Mac, May 11, 2013 IP
  6. Chad Eztraffic

Chad Eztraffic Member

Best Answers:
    IM methods change all the time so we cannot really rely on something. There's a question if you want free or paid traffic.

Free ones - the most popular right now is blog comment, set up your Google alert to notify you every time your relevant blogs post something so you can comment the first or the top.

Paid ones - PPC is the best - but can be highly costly.

Hope this helps. PM me if you want to, I am ready to help.

Chad Eztraffic, May 11, 2013 IP
  7. DatingExpert

DatingExpert Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on your niche. Google adwords is a good proven paid method. Apart from Google adwords, Facebooks Ads are also very effective. Solo ads also work but needs testing before you spend much money on it.

DatingExpert, May 11, 2013 IP
  8. Gugulethu - Blogging Pro

Gugulethu - Blogging Pro Member

Best Answers:
    Free Methods:

If you can write good content use guest blogging to drive traffic to your site. If you want search engine traffic then you'll have to blog, this might take long but at the same time worth the effort. You can also drive traffic to your blog with your list. Create a weekly digest for all the post and basically the email will be about which posts got more attention and answering comments from the blog... you get the idea :)

Blog commenting on authority sites that are updated daily with fresh content works. Don't leave one-liners, engage with the topic, the blogger and the blog readers. Answer questions if there's any that the blog owner hasn't seen or you just feel like you want to add something, you'll never know who's watching.

It feels really good to leave a comment then the next day you check if it was approved and find a comment from a fan of the blog saying "I was waiting for your view on this one, I knew you will disagree..." It shows that these people do read other comments and visit the sites if they like what you said.

The main point is, provide value and you'll be guaranteed highly targeted traffic.

These days it's show & tell. So you need to be on Pinterest, Instagram & Youtube. Facebook purchased the photo filter app 18 months after its launch for $1 billion from Instagram. Share pictures in social media their proven to work.

That's all I can think of for now, the only problem with free traffic is that it takes long to start seeing results but once you start getting positive results keep the momentum going you'll be guaranteed loyal followers. That's the power of free traffic.

Hope that helps my friend. All The Best!!

9. kuszeras

kuszeras Active Member

Best Answers:
    The only proven way is buying advertisements :). All the other way may or may not be successful and it mostly depends on your niche. If you don't have much $$$, try doing guest blogging, although bear in my mind it is not always an easy way as people might not want to publish your stuff :).

kuszeras, May 11, 2013 IP
  10. Pillai.G

Pillai.G Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Are you looking for paid or free method!

Pillai.G, May 11, 2013 IP
  11. Mr Mac

Mr Mac Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks all for contributing.
    I am only looking for free methods.
    still waiting for more members to contribute so we all can benefit from this.

Mr Mac, May 12, 2013 IP
  12. VukasinI

Best Answers:
    How we will benefit from this?

VukasinI, May 12, 2013 IP
  13. Mr Mac

Mr Mac Member

Best Answers:
    If new useful information is shared by someone here, I for myself will benefit from it. I guess this goes for everyone who is looking for new or useful ways to drive more traffic to their websites.

Mr Mac, May 12, 2013 IP
  14. Mr Mac

Mr Mac Member

Best Answers:
    more traffic or visitors to a website means more money and that I call benefit . In the end it is all about money.

Mr Mac, May 12, 2013 IP
  15. VukasinI

Best Answers:
    Agreed with that.....

VukasinI, May 12, 2013 IP
  16. Pillai.G

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    From my personal experience as a blogger, one of the best way to drive targeted traffic to your sales page, squeeze page or any website is through guest blog posting on authority niche. Or the 2nd way is to have good internet marketers to add your free giveaways with their selling products and direct them to your desired website or blog...

All that you need is pure hardwork and get the things done in timely manner!

Pillai.G, May 12, 2013 IP
  17. amazonbabe

amazonbabe Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Pal, there are quite some lengthy free ways to get traffic to your website, but most are paid traffic. You can search on google this free traffic method "77 ways to get free traffic".

amazonbabe, May 12, 2013 IP
  18. shteca

shteca Active Member

Best Answers:
    You need to focus on writing high quality content for your website.
    Start a blog or just add content to your current pages.
    This is what Google is looking for now a days.
    You might also want to check out Penguin 2.0 that will be released soon.
    http://blog.fourquotes.co.uk/what-is-google-penguin-2-0-how-will-it-affect-my-site/

shteca, May 12, 2013 IP
  19. Pillai.G

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I'm pretty sure Google Penguin 2.0 is going to give more priority on content and also two other aspects

1. Link Ratio
    2. Anchor Density of Keyword

Pillai.G, May 12, 2013 IP
  20. wproute

wproute Active Member

Best Answers:
    1. Give something for free
    2. If your niche has awesome pictures, pin them! (pinterest)
    3. create controversial posts
    4. guest post to authority sites in ur niche
    5. use social media heavily - fb, twitter, google+ and pinterest to drive traffic to ur blog

most important of all, SEO. Keyword Density, Longtail keywords, targeting the right keywords with less competition.. getting on the first page of google for a lot of ur keywords (organic traffic is the best!)

Last edited: May 12, 2013
    wproute, May 12, 2013 IP