1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Need for Computer Security

Discussion in 'Security' started by sanchyclub, Feb 24, 2013.

While reading this thread, you have discovered how important computers and their contents are to everyone. safeguarding your computer and its valuable information is important. Just imagine what your life would be like if all your financial records, schoolwork, and personal correspondence were suddenly changed, destroyed, or made public. What would you be willing to do to prevent this from happening?

You are aware that cars are stolen every day, so you probably take measures such as locking the doors, parking in a garage, or using a car alarm. In the same way you should be aware of the threats facing your computer and data, and take measures to protect them as well. By taking some precautionary steps, you can safeguard not only your hardware, software and data but yourself.

The first step to good computer security is awareness. You should understand all the dangers that specifically threaten your computer system. You need to know how each threat can affect you and prioritize them accordingly.

sanchyclub, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  2. healzer

healzer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sorry for my ignorance but what is the main purpose of this thread? :)
    Everyone knows these days that hackers are everywhere, and keeping your credit card details in a text file isn't the smartest thing to do hehe

healzer, May 10, 2013 IP
  3. sanchyclub

sanchyclub Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    everyone knows about hackers but all are not so smart like you.. there are a lot of newbies joining here each and every day.. and this thread is for them as a security advice

sanchyclub, May 11, 2013 IP
  4. healzer

healzer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Oh I see :)
    thank you for the effort !

healzer, May 11, 2013 IP
  5. MonsteRNaruto

MonsteRNaruto Member

Best Answers:
    To be honest saying the word "Hackers" Like its bad shows in general the misconceptions people have and the way the media portrays these evil "Hackers". I am an Certified Ethical Hacker, Witch is still technically being a Hacker/Security Expert/Consultant because I Do security work etc, Does that mean I am a hacker the media blows out of preposition? No, The word Hacker originally meant someone who Tinkers with electronics, someone who makes things do what there not supposed to(Basically improving stuff), Tons of things but it seems now it seems people are extremely ignorant when they hear the word hacker they automatically think its a bad thing. Although I agree there are alot of Kids that seen the whole anonymous faze and decided they wanted to hack the world and get a little carried away, But yet again some more sensible OPs I might agree with.
    Not having a go at anyone just expressing my thoughts on the thread, I mean what do you guys think?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
    MonsteRNaruto, Aug 15, 2013 IP
  6. tuxandrew

tuxandrew Active Member

Best Answers:
    Let me know what would you suggest to prevent these kind of threats ?(mentioned on the OPEN POST)
    Or how we can secure the machine against these type of attacks on realtime?

tuxandrew, Jan 7, 2014 IP