1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

You can't have guns but you can kill babies

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by r3dt@rget, Apr 30, 2013.

http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/30/17989156-fda-approves-plan-b-one-step-for-girls-15-and-older-without-prescription

If there is one thing in this world that doesn't make sense to me, it is this: Liberals are for regulating everything in our society except free speech and abortion. We can't have magazines over 10 rounds because they are dangerous. We can't have 32oz soda's because they make us fat. But when it comes to aborting pregnancies, no piece of legislation can touch it without them getting upset.

I am not against abortion like a lot of conservatives. I think it should be legal up to a certain term limit. But this is insane. What the FDA did was give underage girls the ability to get an abortion over-the-counter without any parental or medical advice. What possible reason do 15 year old girls need to take this without a prescription or parental supervision?

If a teenage girl gets pregnant and feels like she cannot support this child responsibly, then she should need to either go through a parent to have access to this pill, or get a prescription from a doctor. There isn't any excuse for why a girl could not follow those options. And if they can't, maybe wrap up the sausage or refrain from sexual activity until an age where they can be responsible.

You can't vote yet,
    You can't drink yet,
    You can't drive yet... but you can get an abortion without anyone knowing. Ahhh what is the world coming to.

r3dt@rget, Apr 30, 2013 IP
    JohnScott and wendallb like this.
  2. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Just like the "you didn't build that", at about :30 his brain falls out of his head.

Amazing.

grpaul, May 1, 2013 IP
  3. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    What's more bothersome is I have to present a photo ID (Drivers License) in order to get non-prescription cold medication (which used to be OVER THE COUNTER). However, any 15 year old can walk in and get a homicide tablet without question.

Mia, May 2, 2013 IP
    JohnScott, Obamanation and r3dt@rget like this.
  4. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    R3d3: If you support some limited abortions how can you choose that title in this thread. This type of contraception doesn't kill anyone. It can be taken the day after sex. No babies...no nothing.

As to age limits, the science of the issue, and politics...I don't know. But this type of contraception certainly doesn't kill anyone.

earlpearl, May 2, 2013 IP
  5. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Someone has some difficulty understanding what that little pill does.. Its not a preventative. Someone has a misconception (no pun).

Mia, May 7, 2013 IP
  6. thesickearth

thesickearth Active Member

Best Answers:
    Out of curiosity where do you get this idea that a 2 days old amoeba-like fetus is a human being? Who told you this?

thesickearth, May 10, 2013 IP
  7. r3dt@rget

r3dt@rget Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Where do you get the idea that it isn't a human? Question for you: If this 2 day old amoeba-like fetus was uninterrupted for the next 9 months, what would happen?

The law allows courts to punish people for killing unborn babies. For example, the Cleveland guy who held those woman captive will probably be charged for manslaughter for the miscarriages/terminated pregnancies. Also, the abortion doctor who is being tried for murder on all the counts where he "aborted" babies that were breathing, crying, etc.

How can some people claim that criminals should be punished for an unborn (and un-human, according to you) babies death, yet mothers are not responsible for killing their own unborn baby? You can't have it both ways. If people want to argue that while inside the womb a fetus is not a human life, then it needs to be that way across the board.

Regardless of your opinion, a fetus that is inside the womb is a "developing" human. It needs the mothers body to develop until it can survive outside. This state of development doesn't alter the species or legitimacy of the life. Any attempt to argue that a fetus even 2 days old is insignificant is entirely based on opinion and misinformation. Once the process of life has started, a human being is being developed. After that point, an abortion terminates that development. The only difference between a 3 year old and a 3 month old fetus is that one is developing outside the mother and one inside the mother, and they are at different stages of development. There is no logic to the argument that one stage somehow gives meaning to the life, while the other doesn't.

r3dt@rget, May 10, 2013 IP
  8. devon

devon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, if you believe in karma then as you know that anyone who committed abortion will get bad karma in her/their life, except her/they repent from abortion that they had done.

devon, May 10, 2013 IP
  9. r3dt@rget

r3dt@rget Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just to be clear, I am not against banning abortion. I believe it should be a choice women can make up until a certain time in the pregnancy. But I think pro-abortion people sometimes downplay and even insult the process of life in the process. When you have people say a developing fetus isn't even human, or that it isn't alive, it is less about facts and more about making themselves feel better about supporting abortion. When you believe that a fetus is not a person and dehumanize it, it becomes much easier to accept the fact that so many women have them terminated. Of course no one wants to walk around and say they fully support the right to kill babies. It sounds too harsh. But that is the reality.

10. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm assuming here that you meant to say you are not FOR banning abortion, considering you believe in a woman's choice. In other words, you like the law of the land, exactly how it is. I completely concur. If more conservatives felt that way, we would own the unmarried female vote the same way we mostly own the married female vote.

You put yourself in the shoes of a young female, freshly knocked up by her irresponsible boyfriend, or rape, or failed contraception, and you consider what her real life options are at that point. I'm not advocating for it as a form of birth control, but ghettos, crime, and poverty have strong correlations to unwed mothers.

Karma, another myth. Life mostly rewards those who are willing and able to do bad things.

Fertilized eggs don't turn into babies, all on their own? The word "contraception" is made up of two words. Contra (against) ception (conception). Conception happens when an egg accepts a sperm. The pill being offered over the counter to our children is not contraception at all, by the very definition of the word. Miscarriage in a pill format would be more accurate.

I'm not against the pill. Mothers miscarry all the time, sometimes without even knowing. I'm against it being offered over the counter to teenagers without parent consent, in direct opposition to every other thing on the planet which seems to require parental consent.

Obamanation, May 10, 2013 IP
  11. thesickearth

Best Answers:

All right, in this case shouldn't we try every woman who has ever been late in her period for manslaughter? You do know what a woman's body does with fetuses it does not want to carry don't you?

12. thesickearth

Best Answers:
    Well what is " human" in your opinion? Do you have a definition?

In good old times, infanticide was one of the most popular forms of contraception and family control. Christians and non-Christians alike employed it copiously.

13. devon

devon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    karma is not a myth, those who sowed good seeds will reap good seeds and vice versa. You can prove yourself.

devon, May 10, 2013 IP
  14. r3dt@rget

r3dt@rget Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Indeed it was a typo. I am not for banning abortion.

I think you have the anatomy mixed up. A fetus is the unborn developing baby. The egg is what gets fertilized or discarded. After fertilization, and if the egg then sticks to the uterus, then the process of life begins. From that point on, assuming no natural complications or external interference, the egg will develop until it is ready to be born. Therefore I am arguing that life actually begins before birth. The babies cells are active, the brain is active, etc. It is alive as you and me, except it requires the mother to live up to a certain point.

As I said before, I am not against abortion. I was simply trying to show you that it is nonsense for pro-abortion people to act like it's such a terrible crime when a criminal causes a miscarriage and that is punishable with a murder/manslaughter charge, but when it comes to intentional abortion it is deemed acceptable. I am not for banning, but I am not for creating a world where women can get abortions without a legitimate reason and everyone thinks it is ok. If you have an abortion for legitimate health reasons, rape, etc. then that is acceptable. If a teen has an abortion because they don't want to take responsibility for it, that should not be promoted or acceptable in our society. The left loves to downplay life inside the woman and try to dehumanize the entire abortion operation in order to gain more support for abortion rights. I am just saying quit the act and take it for what it really is.

15. r3dt@rget

r3dt@rget Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Do I really have to answer that silly question? Do people have sex and create alligators? Is the fetus maybe a parrot or cat inside there? The only species a human can create is a human. From conception on you have the correct DNA and cellular structure to develop a human. It isn't some mystery thing stuck inside there. It is a human, that is the only thing it can be.

16. thesickearth

Best Answers:
    I didnt ask which specie humans can create did I ? I asked what " a human" is in your opinion, thats all. So " a human" is a result of sex between other humans? A used condom is human in your opinion?

thesickearth, May 11, 2013 IP
  17. thesickearth

Best Answers:
    Well of course not I agree with you. Bible clearly states that if a man batters a ( someone else's ) woman to the point of miscarriage , he owes a few silver coins to her husband. So obviously it is not a " terrible crime" , not in the eyes of God anyway

18. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    thesickearth is just being a troll.

Rebecca, May 11, 2013 IP
  19. thesickearth

Best Answers:
    That might be, yet I am correct to the very last letter, it must be the most infuriating thing ever lol

20. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:

All you've contributed is asking others what a human being is, without saying what you believe. Also questioning if we should charge women that miscarry with manslaughter, and saying sometime in the past, infanticide was a popular form of birth control, and beating pregnant women to the point of losing their baby would only be a small fine. Yes, you're just being a troll.

Rebecca, May 11, 2013 IP