1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the critarea for keyword research

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by synsoftglonal, May 4, 2013.

Hello,
    I want to know the exact criteria for keyword research i know the basic of keyword research i have read alot about this topic.
    so many people says that you need to choose keyword according to your site theme i,choose those keywords which have high searches and less competition but it is not practically possible.
    so what should i do ?
    help me

synsoftglonal, May 4, 2013 IP
  2. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    see what and how your competition are doing keywords wise on their websites

Revelations-Decoder, May 4, 2013 IP
  3. jmjsolutions

jmjsolutions Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Are you checking the strength of the competition as well? Or only the amount of how much competition there is? Using a tool like Market Samurai or something? I like to use the SEO competition module in Market Samurai to see a color graph that gives an idea of how powerful the top 10 sites on the first page of Google are. Sometimes, a keyword might not have a lot of competition, but the few competitors that it does have are too strong to beat. Other times, a keyword seems to have a lot of competition, but the top competitors are actually weak.

jmjsolutions, May 4, 2013 IP
  4. GSK

GSK Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Leave your Competitors, Just focus on Quality Content, that is what required, if you have quality content, pick up the main keywords in the content. Thats it

GSK, May 4, 2013 IP
  5. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would say when you are researching keywords then your main aim should be finding less competitive keywords but these keywords should have high searches too...

Also, if you managed to find some long tail keywords then they are good, these keywords are generally low competitive keywords.

SERPpoint, May 5, 2013 IP
  6. synsoftglonal

synsoftglonal Peon

Best Answers:
    i have tired all the techniques but its not working when i pick the keyword which have high searches are very competitive too so it is not possible to rank those keywords so i cant choose those keywords.

synsoftglonal, May 5, 2013 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    That's why it pays to be early in the game and 2013 is very, very late

Instead you need to find high value, low traffic keywords and tackle them very smartly so that your site appears to be genuine and not MFA. I'd recommend a topic where you have some expertise and passion.

sarahk, May 5, 2013 IP
  8. afoley77

afoley77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can use Google adword keyword tool in free..Search with one keyword related to niche of your site and then start searching..The google adword keyword tool helps in providing you the list of keywords related to niche of your site along with competition status( high or low) and also local or global searches.with the help of which you can choose low competitive keywords of high local or global searches...

afoley77, May 6, 2013 IP
  9. synsoftglonal

synsoftglonal Peon

Best Answers:
    i have tired a lot but it is not possible ..keyword which have high searches are high competitor too

synsoftglonal, May 6, 2013 IP
  10. afoley77

afoley77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Then try to use your brand name with your keyword or location name for which you want to optimize your site..

afoley77, May 6, 2013 IP
  11. wastrox

wastrox Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Syn,

Try the best practice below:
    1. Search your main keywords/product name/competitor on google
    2. Copy url that rank in top #3
    3. Open Google Keywords Tools and login or register (choose your country or target country)
    4. Paste the link there
    5. choose exact match
    6. Search and look the keywords google suggested and sort by local monthly search
    7. Choose keywords with exact search volume higher than 5000/month
    8. save it in text editor
    9. Open Google Trends
    10. Check that keywords trends there and search for stable or rising trends keywords
    11. repeat with more competitor URL and compare the competition result on google
    Cheers,

wastrox, May 6, 2013 IP
  12. synsoftglonal

synsoftglonal Peon

Best Answers:
    hello
    see if i want to choose keyword like software development company india this keywords have high searches but competition are also very high so what i will i do?

synsoftglonal, May 6, 2013 IP