1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bug PAY.PAL/ DIGITAL POINT LINKING ERROR?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Corey Perkins, Apr 30, 2013.

Hey guys I'm new to digital point, and I'm just now trying to get my pay.pal account linked over to this site. My pay.pal account is premier and I have received confirmation that it is verified, however when I go through the process on Digital Point to link it... it at first says the transaction has been successful, and then moments later I get launched to an error page with the message: "PayPal returned a null value when trying to retrieve your account info.
    Failure, Authentication failed. User account is not confirmed."

Does anybody know what this is causing this? Is this something that I can fix via Digital Point or is it something I need to query pay.pal about? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Corey Perkins, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    That error is being relayed directly from PayPal.

digitalpoint, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  3. Corey Perkins

Corey Perkins Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you.

4. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Does it happen every time you try to link? I had an error once when trying to link with PP, I don't remember what it was (Maybe PP's servers timed out), but on a second attempt (at some point later) it worked.

ryan_uk, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  5. Corey Perkins

Corey Perkins Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah Ryan it happens every time. I tried numerous time last night and then I'm at it again today and still same result. I e-mailed Pay.pal to see if they know what the issue is, so hopefully they come through.

6. Corey Perkins

Corey Perkins Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    ****I have been having problems linking my Pay.pal account to this webpage and I continue to get the following error message when I try and go through the linking process:
    **Digital Point - Error
    PayPal returned a null value when trying to retrieve your account info.

Failure, Authentication failed. User account is not confirmed.**

****I have verified my account with Pay.pal and they replied to me quote "I want to assure you that there is nothing on your end preventing the payment from being submitted. Your account is verified and has valid funding options available. More than likely there is something wrong with the seller's checkout and that is what is producing the error messages. Please contact the seller directly and let them know as PayPal cannot make any changes or troubleshoot the merchant's website."

Please let me know how to get my account linked. Thank you.

Corey Perkins, May 1, 2013 IP
  7. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well, they don't even know what you are trying to do... you are trying to link your PayPal account via the permissions API, you aren't trying to buy/sell something. Do you have a business or premier PayPal account?

digitalpoint, May 1, 2013 IP
  8. Corey Perkins

Corey Perkins Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am actually trying to sell an e-book, so I am in fact trying to sell something. When I click on the 'add new item' button to upload my product, it is then that it asks me to link my pay.pal account and I just haven't had success in doing so. And my account is premier, does it need to be business in order for this to work?

9. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well you aren't trying to sell something in terms of this error I mean... you should be able to do it with a premier or business account. You might want to ask PayPal if you have some sort of restrictions for third party API/account linking, because that's where the error is (not on buying or selling).

digitalpoint, May 1, 2013 IP
  10. Corey Perkins

Corey Perkins Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    O I gotcha. All right, I'll go bug pay.pal again! I appreciate the immediate feedback.

11. Corey Perkins

Corey Perkins Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    For the past week I have been troubleshooting with pay.pal trying to figure out why my account can't be linked to Digital Point, since then my pay.pal account has been double and triple verified as being a premier account to be used to receive payment from such sites as this one. This is the last e-mail they (Pay.pal) sent me: ****"I want to assure you that there is nothing on your end preventing the payment from being submitted. Your account is verified and has valid funding options available. More than likely there is something wrong with the seller's checkout and that is what is producing the error messages. Please contact the seller directly and let them know as PayPal cannot make any changes or troubleshoot the merchant's website."****
    This leads me to believe there must be some error going on within Digital point between the time I click the 'Grant Permission' button and the error page I am sent to shortly after I already receive my confirmation 'You have successfully granted third party permissions to Digital Point Solutions'. Surely I am not the first person this has happened to where there is no error on the Pay.pal side of it. I would appreciate some looking into this problem if at all possible or I'm just going to have to can this whole thing and look elsewhere I guess.

Corey Perkins, May 5, 2013 IP
  12. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Whatever it is would be specific to your account. Can't think of a way to troubleshoot it without your PayPal login/password (obviously we don't want that).

digitalpoint, May 5, 2013 IP
  13. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

Your issue as posed here "my account can't be linked to Digital Point" does not match with the answer they gave you, "there is nothing on your end preventing the payment from being submitted ... contact the seller".

You are not trying to make a purchase, you are trying to link your account. The reply they gave you makes it clear that they think you are telling them that a purchase won't go through when the problem is actually quite different. Perhaps you should try to communicate the actual problem with PayPal and make it clear that it is not a purchase you are having trouble completing but instead merely linking your account to DP.

browntwn, May 5, 2013 IP
  14. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You might have more success posting to one of the developer community forums that PayPal runs. At least they will have a clue and might be able to give some insight into what to check, ask about, etc.

ryan_uk, May 5, 2013 IP
  15. maximuscience

maximuscience Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest you to sign in your Pay Pal again, activate your email and try to link again. To check whether your email has been activated, under Account tab, look at the Notification column. If nothing about email activation is shown, that is mean your email has been activated.

Cheers,

maximuscience, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  16. Viktor Mojr

Viktor Mojr Member

Best Answers:
    Cheers, I had the same problem. After confirmation of my e-mail and card on Pay Pal everything's gone right immediately.

Viktor Mojr, Feb 25, 2015 IP