1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Help about Yoast

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by Web.Xpert, Apr 22, 2013.

Need Help !!!

Wordpress Yoast generates a /sitemap_index.xml file that contains another three files:
    /post-sitemap.xml
    /page-sitemap.xml
    /categeory-sitemap.xml

Should I submit all four xml files to webmaster tools or only the index.xml???

Web.Xpert, Apr 22, 2013 IP
  2. Devtard

Devtard Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can submit the index only, Google will download other sitemaps automatically.

I prefer to have all my sitemap files (including the index) submitted though because then I know how many URLs from each sitemap are actually being indexed.

Devtard, Apr 24, 2013 IP
  3. humtuma

humtuma Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You should have to submit main one. May i know your website name before do any comment. Repetition of url in search engine is not good.

humtuma, Apr 24, 2013 IP
  4. Taswir

Taswir Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have used Yoast for my couple of sites but I normally do not activate the sitemap feature in it. Instead I deactivate the sitemap and use external sitemap plugin like "Google Sitemap Generator"

Taswir, May 5, 2013 IP
  5. bigsky101

bigsky101 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I personally prefer to use the Yoast Sitemap over "Google Sitemap Generator" because it has an option to put images in your sitemap which will show up as /attachment-sitemap.xml. The is not turned on by default. I get a lot of hits from Google Images and I feel this helps out a lot. I also have good ALT tags on my images as well.

bigsky101, Jun 18, 2013 IP
  6. minhtam

minhtam Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google Sitemap Generator easy to use, you just install that plugin and it'll create file sitemap automatically. Yoast Sitemap is pro tools, help us SEO link and images so on.

minhtam, Jul 4, 2013 IP