1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Link Building - Disqus

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by GSK, May 4, 2013.

Hi Mates,

I am little confused, because when we look towards the Blog Post Comments, for Backlinks, most of Blogs have now Disqus Commenting system - there is no place for "Website" in the comment section. Can some one guide me how to comment then for a backlink?

Warm Regards

GSK, May 4, 2013 IP
  2. alamlinks

alamlinks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Better way for back-link is link exchange. you can get instant link at PR site/page. there content you can check and Neighbor links also. You can take link at the site only which are relevant and useful for your site.

Best of Luck

alamlinks, May 4, 2013 IP
  3. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ah yes, my theme for the weekend. Blog commenting is spam, not SEO. Folks use disqus because it keeps non professionals from clogging up their comments with nonsense and half-hearted attempts to act like you are actually interested in the topic.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, May 5, 2013 IP
  4. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Don't. Re-read what you wrote. Seriously, can't you figure it out from that? read Nigel's response above, as it says it in a politer way I could.

Use your brain and come up with a non-spam way for links. Don't worry, it won't burn out from a little use. If you can't think of anything, learn marketing.

ryan_uk, May 5, 2013 IP
  5. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you know what, I do SEO and I have commented on I estimate perhaps less than 24 blogs in the last 10 years.

Among those I did a number we're likely "nofollow" at least one was I checked :), a few had no link back (well hey ho I was joining a sensible convo what did I care about links) the others would have had links but whether or not they we're this follow or that follow or whatever I know not as care not.

I made typos in likely most of the posts/comments as my brain, keyboard and hands don't seem to work too well in unison together first time without an edit facility.

Yet somehow I still have masses of page 1 natural search results without worrying about or chasing such an un natural way of doing things like commenting on blogs just for backlinks.

Last edited: May 5, 2013
    Revelations-Decoder, May 5, 2013 IP
    Nigel Lew likes this.
  6. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Geez, sleep must be optional for my UK colleagues lol...

Nigel

Nigel Lew, May 5, 2013 IP
  7. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I get paid very well not to sleep and to post blog comments (with my spammy links) instead. :p :)

On a serious note, maybe the OP should start here:
    http://www.inboundmarketing.com/

Last edited: May 5, 2013
    ryan_uk, May 5, 2013 IP
  8. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    Most people miss out on what's important with blog/forum commenting. While it can be a good link building method, it is primarily a way to promote yourself and your site. People get to know you and your views through the comments you leave on such sites. If you are able to help them by providing helpful info or adding value to the discussion, then they are more than likely to want to get to know you and what you do. At which point, they will either click on your link or ask you more info about yourself (where you then refer them to your site).

So, even if you do not see a way to put in your link there, participate and comment. Let you and your site be known and heard.

Have a good day!

affilorama, May 7, 2013 IP
  9. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    Where the discussion is going on?

The topic is about disqus system which doesn't allow website link so how can you get benefit of this?

Or leave those blogs which is with disqus, I would say....

You can use other system, commentluv, keywordluv on Wordpress..

SERPpoint, May 10, 2013 IP
  10. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good point! If you don't want to leave a comment because it doesn't allow you to place your link, then don't. :)

Personally, I would think twice before doing as I mentioned in my previous post, there's more to blog/forum commenting than getting a backlink. But to each his own! :)

affilorama, May 10, 2013 IP