1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which Web Hosting for WordPress You Prefer : Bluehost Or Hostgator?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by shanrocks1234, Mar 18, 2013.

Hi,

Well i prefer Bluehost because they have 99.99% update, Great support and Most important ,it is Very Cheap. Cheaper then Hostgator ,only $4.25 / Month where as Hostgator charges $9.98/ month for baby plan.

Another advantage , Bluehost provide 1 free domain , which is Great. You can directly start your blog by selecting your own domain and you don't have to pay extra for domain.. Great.

What do you think ?

Regards
    Shan

shanrocks1234, Mar 18, 2013 IP
  2. micksss

micksss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Either one will do fine for a wordpress site.

micksss, Mar 22, 2013 IP
  3. quadxnet

quadxnet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It won't make much of a difference, they are pretty similar. They are both (along with a lot of other hosting companies) owned by the same parent company - EIG.

quadxnet, Apr 4, 2013 IP
  4. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    EIG owns some big hosting companies, they have designed the packages in such a way that customer ends up buying the hosting service from one of their hosting companies. ;)

MilesWeb, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  5. theImprobable

theImprobable Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm with BlueHost and have been 100% satisfied so far. The points you mentioned are good reason to join BlueHost. Good customer service and nearly 100% uptime are also two of the top reasons to stay with BlueHost.

theImprobable, Apr 14, 2013 IP
  6. Pak U Tube

Pak U Tube Active Member

Best Answers:
    i want to know that which is more easy to use for beginners.?

Pak U Tube, Apr 17, 2013 IP
  7. theImprobable

theImprobable Peon

Best Answers:
    I used BlueHost for setting up my very first website, www.thiscatalyst.com. (Check it out!)
    I had NO prior knowledge/experience in setting up websites, hosting, or anything of the sort. Their customer service is very helpful with any questions you have. I'm happy with them so far and definitely recommend them.

theImprobable, Apr 19, 2013 IP
  8. cinigallery

cinigallery Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Iam not satisfied with hostgator.

At the begining stage there is no problem

When you have 500 posts, the problem start

in bluehost how much memory we can use ?

in hostgator 25% of server on shared hosting.

hostgator inode distribution : 100000

how much for bluehost?

cinigallery, May 3, 2013 IP
  9. christophermp

christophermp Member

Best Answers:
    I've heard good things about Blue Host. I've considered moving to them myself.

christophermp, May 12, 2013 IP
  10. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use GoDaddy and it works great for my Wordpress blog. But I heard HostGator is even better..so I'd use them if you have a choice between the two you mentioned. Good luck! :)

ninjamtlt1, May 13, 2013 IP
  11. kjb

kjb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    After being screwed over badly by my previous hosting (justhost - never ever use these guys), I went with Bluehost because a lot of bloggers out there were recommending it.

I've not been let down yet - even when I got a spike in traffic and managed 109,000 thousand uniques in a single day. Didn't even slow down - and I know, I was checking constantly throughout the day. Didn't even seem to slow down - no joke.

Hope that helps.

Incidentally, if anybody wants to read more about how justhost screwed me over royally check out the blog post I wrote about it - Why Web Hosting Could Be the Most Important Decision You Make When Starting Your Online Business.

kjb, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  12. Padalda

Padalda Banned

Best Answers:
    I'm also having the same issue, as I'm also using hostgator. The max limit of index node (inode) distribution is set to 2,50,000 and so can't make a big blog.

What about the bluehost ? Are there any such limitations ?

Padalda, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  13. .Mosey

.Mosey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As far as shared hosting goes, the day I started using Stablehost was the day I canceled my Hostgator account. They're absolutely great. Cheap, too.

.Mosey, Jul 13, 2013 IP
  14. Rakeshraj

Rakeshraj Peon

Best Answers:
    I think bluehost is better for word press because its operate is very easy, It is too much user friendly.

Rakeshraj, Jul 14, 2013 IP
  15. ajitelev

ajitelev Member

Best Answers:
    Till yet i never used Hostgator, and yes Bluehost and Hostgator both belong to same Group, and the server location is almost same so nothing matters except from which domain your are buying hostgator or bluehost.
    i use iPage and Hostmantis and they never made me to think for any change.
    and yes iPage as well belongs to EIG

ajitelev, Sep 5, 2013 IP
  16. digicam

digicam Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've had both.

BLUE HOSTING
    Pros
    Super fast
    Almost no downtime
    Lower hosting options (annual though, I think)

Cons
    Extra verification required if transferring domain registration to them (had to call them on the phone)
    Tech support took a whole day to get back with me in the few times I've contacted them by email

HOSTGATOR
    Pros
    Very fast
    Almost no downtime
    Excellent and timely customer service

Cons
    More expensive hosting
    Gives only limited support if you have a Wordpress issue (they say it's not their job - you gotta DIY - but then I'm guessing Bluehost is the same here)

I've never transferred domain registration to Hostgator, so I don't know about that.

Both are solid. You really can't go wrong with either.

digicam, Sep 9, 2013 IP
  17. Bottom_Up_Blogger

Bottom_Up_Blogger Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I use WestHost so I can't really comment on which, Bluehost or Hostgator is better. What I can say is, so far with WestHost I haven't had any problems. Every time I contacted customer service they replied quickly and efficiently. It's funny, didn't start experiencing great customer service until I dealt with online only companies.

Bottom_Up_Blogger, Sep 11, 2013 IP
  18. imuncutno1

imuncutno1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You got a free domain from hosting provider. This free domain is your primary domain if you are new to the hosting and first time using a new domain. My advice is, you have to consider the transferring process is a tedious job. I not scare you off, just to tell you so you can be well prepared.

I tried Hostgator before, and I love their service especially live chat. Hostgator has no problem of installing WordPress plugins as far as I know. When I said WP plugins, those plugins which utilize much of CPU resources. You will come across of many people complaints about being banned without notice. This is the major issue a shared hosting facing.

Currently, I am not with Hostgator doesn't mean that I don't like them. I am moving to VPS hosting with a better speed, own server and no need to share with so many people sharing the same resources.

I like what my current status and hopefully it remains there forever :)

imuncutno1, Dec 10, 2013 IP
  19. PhillTheChill

PhillTheChill Active Member

Best Answers:
    Personally I would not go with a host owned by the Endurance International Group (EIG). Take a look at the Web Hosting Talk forums, they have excellent recommendations which will help

PhillTheChill, Dec 17, 2013 IP