1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Media.net -- Big Disappointment!!!

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by cozmic_, Oct 30, 2012.

1. raheem

raheem Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    dude there is nothing to blame about media.net
    check from where your traffic is coming cause medias.net accepts only western traffic (mostly)!!!!

raheem, Apr 13, 2013 IP
  2. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    How do you guys get into media.net? I looks like you need a special invite, or do you just fill out the details and wait for them to contact you back?

DomainMagnate, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  3. Nusaint

Nusaint Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Fill out the details on this page http://www.media.net/Invite#1 and wait for a contact. I got my invite when they first launched and they contacted me through my website.

To the OP ranting about media.net, it all depends on your traffic. I am a publisher that uses both adsense and media and I can tell you this, I prefer media on some of my high traffic sites. Adsense is good if you can target the right keywords and don't mind seeing your earnings halved due to a visitor not staying a certain amount of time on the destination page. In-fact, i think adsense has lost it's edge of recent. Media on the other hand is good if you have strong traffic from US, UK, Canada and i think Australia and don't care too much about low, little or no cost per click.

The best way to get the most out of your site is to sell ad spaces and don't worry about CPC and CPM that has been levied by 3rd parties and can and will change anytime without your notice.

Regards

Nusaint, May 1, 2013 IP
    DomainMagnate likes this.
  4. DomainMagnate

Best Answers:
    Thanks I filled it out, hope they get it approved.
    Care to explain what you mean by that last sentence and what's it based on?

DomainMagnate, May 2, 2013 IP
  5. Nusaint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hi DomainMagante,

I'm sure you might have experienced this at one point in time with your adsense earnings. You check clicks with earnings and it shows £3.80 and later at the end of the day you check again but this time £1.95 but with the same amount of clicks. Google counts this has unverified/invalid click or traffic. Before, all you had to do was send a click and you get paid but now it seems there is a lot more involved. For some clicks to be counted, the visitor has to stay a certain amount of time on a page or in some very rare cases takes an action. Google launched the google affiliate network (GAN) a while back, a program they have decided to shut down come July. The GAN used a similar process and I believe the same has been fully integrated into the google adsense platform as one system. Probably why they are shutting GAN down.

I do not work with google and I am in no way an advocate of them. These are based on my evaluations and some hypothesis.

Regards

Nusaint, May 3, 2013 IP
  6. DomainMagnate

Best Answers:
    Actually not really, never noticed this. I've been using adsense for many years and it's always been one of my main income sources. There is sure some difference between the "estimates" and final amount of revenues at the end of the month but it's always some minuscule amount like under a dollar out of thousands. Maybe I haven't noticed as I didn't pay attention to it, but it's hard to believe I'd miss something like this over the years. When did you start to see this pattern? Maybe this has something to do specifically with your account/sites or traffic generation methods?

I agree about GAN though, I was quite disappointed to see that G decided to close it down. But it was also kinda annoying too so I didn't use it much lately. Like what's wrong with some affiliate programs that they think they can email me daily about some minor changes in their current offers and demand I change it all in my sites immediately and send them a report about it.

DomainMagnate, May 4, 2013 IP
  7. Nusaint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:

There was a big discussion about it on the adsense forums, many publishers noticed it.
    I strongly doubt it has to with traffic generation, most of my sites get over 80% SE traffic and these are not small niche sites but authority sites. Well, google has always been a mystery to me :D

Nusaint, May 6, 2013 IP
  8. mujju93

mujju93 Member

Best Answers:
    Same with me, i still have good amount of US and UK traffic.

mujju93, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  9. Sajithkumar

Sajithkumar Peon

Best Answers:
    I was not aware with Media.net publishers and I was so angry on yahoo publishers network, because they screwed up things, by keeping conditions that only US people can join their net work. I felt as if they are there to bring money and business to US, and not to compete with Google. So I was really reluctant to join to media.net, when I got their invitation.
    However after joining I found that these network is doing very well and the income/unit is equal or near to Google ad-sense. I consider this is as good as ad-sense, since my all top spots are occupied by Google ad-sense.
    So even if I get 50% of ad-sense revenue from these extra units I think It is a winner. Now I am planning to swap the adsense and media.net to find out who is better.

The only thing I did not like with them is, some time the revenue nose dive. When I esquire about it I got reply that they are doing some optimization !!. (like monkey's running Indian Circus)

I have published my experience with them as media.net review at my blog at
    http://sajith.snydle.com/media-net-review-best-adsense-alternative.html

Another intersting post I have found is here
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/media-net-sucks-and-so-does-yahoo-bing.2580999/
    (The above post highlight the yahoo's practice of messing up things)

Regards

Sajithkumar, Aug 1, 2013 IP
  10. securesite

securesite Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, I love them. Best pay out behind adsense. More people join Media.net more money we all make. Way better then Chikita.

securesite, Aug 1, 2013 IP
    korfezli1966 likes this.
  11. lodeloyens

lodeloyens Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello;
    Read this media.net log from first to last article. My goodness; a lot of bickering going on.

Anyway.
    I am brandspank'n new to media.net and here is what I have to say about the company thus far.

-Applied just 3 days ago; received email approval could take up to two weeks
    -Got approved 24 hours later
    -Received welcome email from a personal adviser
    -Created my ad codes and plugged them into my site
    -Informed my adviser via email about the active media.net ads on my site
    -media.net reconfigured the ads to blend in with my site perfectly
    -after just 1.5 days of operation I had 970 impressions and earned $1.88
    -Today (sunday) I have 3,981 impressions and earned $7.96
    (never had those results with Adsense immediately after activating their
    ads on my site)
    -I could do better still but I rotate media.net ads with the ads I sell on my site

Don't know what the future holds but thus far: media.net is a winner all around.
    BTW I love the interaction with my personal adviser. He tries hard to make
    sure I am pleased and is willing to do much to make me happy.

Lode

lodeloyens, Aug 4, 2013 IP
    korfezli1966 likes this.
  12. mujju93

mujju93 Member

Best Answers:
    wait for few days, u will be surprised to see the results ;)

mujju93, Aug 14, 2013 IP
  13. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Anyone know of a site running media.net ads? I'm curious to see what they look like...

digitalpoint, Aug 14, 2013 IP
  14. korfezli1966

korfezli1966 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    something like this, also there is more color choices.

[​IMG]

korfezli1966, Aug 20, 2013 IP
  15. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Do you know of any site actually running the ads?

digitalpoint, Aug 20, 2013 IP
  16. korfezli1966

korfezli1966 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    decoration-ideas - co - uk
    iondecorating - com

korfezli1966, Aug 21, 2013 IP
  17. osmanm

osmanm Member

Best Answers:
    Whatever you do, don't use media.net ads alongside adsense as I've done. You will see less adsense earnings because the adsense ad script will start scanning all keywords including the yahoo ad keywords which are actually irrelevant than adsense. Adsense will end up displaying ridiculously irrelevant keywords from the media.net ads itself. Media.net looks like it doesn't have the capability to scan page keywords and show relevant ads like Adsense does, or show ads based on visitors previous browsing history like adsense does. Steer clear of media.net guys my site is called techlivewire btw

osmanm, Sep 7, 2013 IP
  18. cchq

cchq Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    ^ I fully agree with Osmanm. I was running them along side my adsense ads and I saw a huge drop in earnings from my adsense.

cchq, Sep 7, 2013 IP
  19. anzilone

anzilone Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes. I'm running Media.net ads on my blog SocialPositives.com. I can make better revenue from Media.net than what i make from Google Adsense. I don't think its a scam. Users have different experience some says its scam and some other says its good. We can get a right conclusion now.

anzilone, Sep 27, 2013 IP
  20. makeit easy

makeit easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have some sites running media.net ads. Media.net is better than Adsense. I can recommend media.net. It's a reliable company. They emailed me about one of my site. They gave me a few days to comply my site with their TOS. If it was Adsense, my account would be disabled without any notification and I would say bye to my $ in my adsense account.

makeit easy, Sep 27, 2013 IP