1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Duplicate Content Solution

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by eDailylife, May 2, 2013.

How can I overcome duplicate content problem ?

eDailylife, May 2, 2013 IP
  2. PioneerGlobal

PioneerGlobal Member

Best Answers:
    Check your website's duplicate content on copyscape, if you find duplicate content remove it and keep fresh and interesting content simple.

PioneerGlobal, May 3, 2013 IP
  3. SRimal

SRimal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Write unique content? Or do you mean duplicate content within your website? You can use rel=canonical, 301 redirect and other solutions for those.

SRimal, May 3, 2013 IP
  4. TestingWhiz1

TestingWhiz1 Member

Best Answers:
    You can check it on either copyscape or screaming frog.It also shows the site crawl information.

TestingWhiz1, May 7, 2013 IP
  5. contech

contech Member

Best Answers:

Better remove this post or you can cut a small portion of the article and put a source link.

contech, May 7, 2013 IP
  6. Rita@Vidyatech

Rita@Vidyatech Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It is always better to have unique and informative content on your blog. Repetitive or duplicate content does not help. If you are not able to remove the content for some reason (maybe for maintaining old indexed links or compatibility), then the best option you would have is to
    Add a rel="canonical" link to the <head> section of the non-canonical version of each page
    Remember that the rel="canonical" attribute should be used only to specify the preferred version of many pages with identical content (although minor differences, such as sort order, are okay).

Rita@Vidyatech, May 7, 2013 IP
  7. contech

contech Member

Best Answers:
    We don't really know how bad content duplication the OP has, but As I previously stated avoid copying whole the content instead just cut a small part then put source link. Google LOVES it. I'll give you 1 example.

Visit DIGG.COM

Try checking their contents then how come their google PR is 8? (Not to mention their alexa rank is 730)Ive been doing this for months already and been really effective. Its called content curation. Its not duplicated content but rather pointing your readers to high quality blog post from various resources.

contech, May 7, 2013 IP
  8. biznics

biznics Member

Best Answers:
    Are you referring to on-site duplication content (within site) OR off-site duplicate content (other sites copying your content)?

biznics, May 7, 2013 IP
  9. afoley77

afoley77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    "content curation"...It is really a new thing for me to learn here..
    Thanks contech...

afoley77, May 7, 2013 IP
    contech likes this.
  10. contech

contech Member

Best Answers:

No problem. Even me I'm new to this method since I'm applying content curation just a few months ago and I can see a big change in my traffic and my readers activity.

You can try for your blog too, there's no harm in trying. :)

contech, May 8, 2013 IP
  11. afoley77

afoley77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I will definitely give it a try..And also want to see its effects in trrafic increment as you have said in your posts...

afoley77, May 8, 2013 IP
  12. contech

contech Member

Best Answers:

I can't guarantee you that we're gonna have the same results but we wouldn't know.

Here's another two famous sites doing content curation and both are PR 8.
    http://www.reddit.com/
    https://delicious.com/

See how they dominate? by just directing their readers to other popular blogs which has informative post.

contech, May 8, 2013 IP
  13. Roger Pelt

Roger Pelt Active Member

Best Answers:
    @contech- I would like to share one post with you that explaining how Google reacts when you copy content from others websites or when someone will copy your content. DejanSEO team has done some experiments before publishing that article your might like that.

Please visit: http://dejanseo.com.au/hijacked/

It is also elaborate how will Google react if any authority website copy content from low quality website. Its very interesting.

Roger Pelt, May 8, 2013 IP
  14. contech

contech Member

Best Answers:

let me clarify that content curation isn't just a copy paste method which be classified as a duplicate.

Clearly the test is copying the WHOLE article from other established blog which wouldn't surprise me why the site isn't index in serps and was marked as a duplicate.

What I've been doing is completely different. For example my article would be about "Best television brand" then my curated topics would be about "Sony television review", "Samsung television Review", etc.. with its source links for my readers to view, Basically I'm linking them to Information they need and the most important part is adding my OWN comments/suggestions on the article itself.

The internet is already full of content creators, what the internet needs is SOMEONE who will filter out this SH!TTY topics and Find the USEFUL ones and showcase it to the people that needs the specific informations they need.

Now, How does it relate to duplication?

Last edited: May 8, 2013
    contech, May 8, 2013 IP
  15. hhsaus

hhsaus Active Member

Best Answers:

What kind of duplicate content issues do you have? Are they related to site architecture or copied content from other sites?
    I'm currently working with a client who's site architecture is terrible and they have 3+ versions of the same page (the site has over 10,000 active pages not including duplicate ones). Its a nightmare.

hhsaus, May 8, 2013 IP
  16. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, duplicate content also works as long as Google doesn't see it.. I managed to run few sites based on content from ezinearticles, and I put Adsense on all the sites, when my Adsense was banned due to problem in one site, my all the sites were removed from index...

SERPpoint, May 8, 2013 IP
  17. upsurge

upsurge Member

Best Answers:
    use copyscape to eliminate the duplicate content

upsurge, May 8, 2013 IP
  18. afoley77

afoley77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    We can only check the content for duplicate but can't eliminate it with copyscape..

afoley77, May 8, 2013 IP
  19. upsurge

upsurge Member

Best Answers:
    but we can atleast know which part of the content is duplicate and paraphrase that again. Using software to spin the article is not a good idea. Doing it manually is the best and the only option.

upsurge, May 8, 2013 IP
  20. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do you mean you have duplicate content on your site or are you asking how to avoid duplicate content? Either way, I suggest you read the Google Webmaster Help page on duplicate content so that you will know how Google looks at duplicate content.

One of the ways to avoid duplicate content is to use Copyscape and make sure there are no other copies of your article (if it's a spun article). If you've already published the same article on another site, then you can still use the same article by presenting it in another way, like using the info on that article and creating a slideshow or a podcast.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

affilorama, May 9, 2013 IP