1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get likes on Digital Point, it's funnily informative

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Revelations-Decoder, Apr 29, 2013.

How to get likes on Digital Point, it's funnily informative

There seem to be many threads on "How to get likes" or "How can I get likes" or any other combination of words which amount to the same question here on the DP forums.

So I decided to see if some birds who cannot fly but really really want to can point people in the right direction and here is what they had to say on the matter.

[​IMG]

Please note "Do not" I repeat do not like this post/thread as if you click the like button the thread will implode and green slime will stick your fingers to the keys of the device you are using. You have been warned!

Revelations-Decoder, Apr 29, 2013 IP
  2. krishnaverma

krishnaverma Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I liked the point " What would you like". If we can just keep this in mind while posting replies, there will be no spam on this forum ever.

krishnaverma, Apr 30, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  3. passionate_rohan

passionate_rohan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Funny yet true. We need some guidelines to maintain the cleanliness and quality of community.

It is actually a great initiative to improve the quality of forums and especially DP marketplace. I can really see some upliftment in the quality of softwares/services that are being purchased and sold nowadays. Else this was becoming more like a stream of cheap Music/TV scripts flowing throughout.

passionate_rohan, May 1, 2013 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You'd be surprised how many people reply to obvious spam that it was "useful", "helpful" or "interesting"

sarahk, May 1, 2013 IP
  5. cadsii

cadsii Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    the problem is NEW MEMBERS dont know that they can't like topics, you should make this clear, my account 4 years old just got upgraded to your new membership status so I can't like anything on this site, 4 year old account with 80 posts and I still can't like a reply WTF !

cadsii, May 2, 2013 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    20 posts a year - that's one a fortnight, woot! And nobody has found that trickle of posts particularly useful? I think the system might be working well.

sarahk, May 2, 2013 IP
  7. cadsii

cadsii Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    oh i get it, so me spending money here to logos designs etc, dont count for anything ? guess you just think this is for people who like to chat, well its not

cadsii, May 2, 2013 IP
  8. coolrohit222002

coolrohit222002 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Funny Informative indeed. By the way, those blunderbirds in the image looks cute :D

coolrohit222002, May 2, 2013 IP
  9. Thomas90G

Thomas90G Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    All I see everywhere over the forum is people complaining about not being able to get likes to use the system... Why don't people just realise that you just need to post quality and helpful content in order to get likes over time?

Maybe some people are thinking it's an instant process, when clearly, it's definitely not.

Thomas90G, May 2, 2013 IP
  10. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

The Blue Duck is named Elias (named after Walt Disney).
    The Magenta Chicks name is Genna.
    Ernest is the Yellow Raven/Crow. :)

Revelations-Decoder, May 2, 2013 IP
  11. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
  12. krishnaverma

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, people do not want to wait for long time. Some of the members who are returning to the forum after long time want to see instant results. They need to understand that it is the time to give something back to the forum.

krishnaverma, May 3, 2013 IP
  13. cadsii

cadsii Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have been giving back to the forum. I post contests and pay designers. DP gets traffic from both of us and they get paid in ADs for it, every single post on here has ADs just look around, you don't think DP gets paid for that ?

cadsii, May 3, 2013 IP
  14. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Considering DP also has to earn from adverts participating with a bit of content so adverts get the chance to be dispayed is just a trade off peeps are going to have to accept me thinks.

It's obviously not going to suit and is somehow going to prove hard for some people.

But it's a free service being provided at the end of the day so a trade off must exist somewhere. So some paticipation with the action of giving some content (posting) in exchange for the venue to trade seems not unreasonable...

PS RE my last post above I wrote

Yellow crow = Ernest and that should have been green Penguin = Nina :)

Revelations-Decoder, May 3, 2013 IP
  15. krishnaverma

Best Answers:
    Actually, the problem is that there is no fixed compensation here for any action. Neither the owner of the forum or the members are bound to do any favor to each other.

krishnaverma, May 3, 2013 IP
  16. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Just as a sidenote, when you see spam it's better to report it than comment on it. Must be annoying to build up likes when you call out spammers only for the mods to eventually delete the spam and you lose your likes.

sarahk, May 3, 2013 IP
  17. cadsii

cadsii Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thank i see i just lose a like :(

cadsii, May 4, 2013 IP
  18. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I always like cartoon. It makes me laugh and give more energy to write more articles. :D
    Sometimes I think each website should has a cartoon to represent it. I was thinking to get one for my site. With no skill in drawing cartoon, I may not be able to realize it soon.

One post and two likes? He must be a lucky member. I thought I was the fastest to get two answer in less than 60 posts.:) (kidding)

It is nice to see you in this thread. (a member told me about you in my own thread few weeks ago)

I lose a like too. Someone like my comment which trying to help a someone to respect the other member.
    But I didn't take it serious. What make DP fun is communicating with other. Getting likes is awesome but getting friends is far more awesome.
    I remember there is a discussion about it in DP. I'll give you the link and edit the comment in few minutes later.

Update: I couldn't find the link. basically it was a discussion about 'likes' disappearing because of the thread was deleted.

Last edited: May 4, 2013
    Arick unirow, May 4, 2013 IP
  19. cadsii

cadsii Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i put in about 3-4 days now and 50-60 posts, all that for 1 like, so it seems like i will have to put in another week of answering none stop just to be able to post in market place, don't think it's worth it

cadsii, May 4, 2013 IP
  20. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I see there is so many established member at this place. I believe one of them will give you likes if you keep trying to help another member.

As for me, I always feel like a 'new member'.
    Getting a like mean more spirits to write comment and helping other members.
    Sometimes I think I couldn't stop writing comments in DP. Luckily, no one complaint me for writing too much comment.:D

Arick unirow, May 4, 2013 IP