1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does anybody have any experience with the paid Wordpress plugin WP Anime from Xhanch.com

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Gudino, Mar 27, 2013.

Has anybody actually bought and used it? If so can you tell me your experiences? I am really interested in it but before I throw $249 away, I want to make sure that it is not a scam. Also, are you using it currently and what is your Anime site that is using it? Thanks for your help.

Gudino, Mar 27, 2013 IP
  2. Gudino

Gudino Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Anybody? I'm really hesitant about this guy my money without knowing what I am getting into. Hate to say it, but the lack of info or people that have used it really make me hesitate. Well, if I So end up buying, it will be because I have no other options. I will be sure to write a review so that it may help somebody in the future.

At this point I will take any advice or tips that anybody is willing to offer up on my quest for an anime site.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2013
    Gudino, Apr 6, 2013 IP
  3. OliBoli

OliBoli Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @Gudino, did you bought this plugin? It's worth the money? I bought a similar plugin, the difference is that's working for movies (also it is much cheaper), and I am very satisfied with it; but before I purchased it, I have read a lot of positive reviews on a popular webmaster forum about this plugin - so I knew what I buy. But in this case I didn't find reviews about this plugin, so I am hesitant, just like you :); please give me your review about this plugin, if you bought it!

OliBoli, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  4. Gudino

Gudino Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I will give you a review once I do purchase.

Gudino, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  5. Dismatikz

Dismatikz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I bought it out of curiosity. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Dismatikz, May 2, 2013 IP
  6. Gudino

Gudino Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I already bought as well. Initial reactions are that the plugin is awesome but it is buggy and the support is virtually nonexistent. Also bought his theme light-pro. Check out animepit.com and let me know what you think. Not done yet but it's a start. Also if you are interested in this plugin and you want info, pm and I will answer any questions.

Gudino, May 2, 2013 IP
  7. Swaps4

Swaps4 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yea, the support is virtually nonexistent, sadly. I haven't bothered to do anything with my site yet since I'm too busy to do so. It's up and running right now, but very basic. Check it out here for the curious: http://www.streamani.me/

Swaps4, May 2, 2013 IP
  8. Gudino

Gudino Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yours looks very good. I'm actually trying to do something similar to what you did with your banner but I cannot get any info from him. I posted a topic on this but he has not gotten back to me. Were you able to figure out why your site was loading slow? Seems to be loading fast when I visit your site. Also, noticed that the series Kakumeiki Valvrave didn't add an episode for you today. Just observing because I've been keeping an eye out on which on which series update when the new episodes come out. I've been verifying with the site that my sources come from.

Gudino, May 2, 2013 IP
  9. Swaps4

Swaps4 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well, I'm using 3rd party plugins to get the slideshow right now... There is still a lot to do but the author of the plugins never responds. Also the documentation sucks bad for it. The cron is on a 6hour cron, so the episode hasn't updated yet. I've had countless problems with the software tho, I've spent a lot of time and fixed them myself. Before the site was so slow it was pretty much unusable.

Swaps4, May 2, 2013 IP
  10. Dismatikz

Best Answers:
    How did you fix your Episode permalinks? Mine keep coming up like "karneval/3/" instead of "karneval-episode-3"

Dismatikz, May 2, 2013 IP
  11. Gudino

Gudino Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Under wordpress go to settings, then choose permalinks, then under common settings choose "postname" for your permalinks. That should fix it.

Gudino, May 3, 2013 IP
  12. Gudino

Gudino Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Swaps, at one point my site was very slow too. I noticed it after I activated "Display anime combo box on anime player page" on wp-anime configuration page. I unchecked that and it seemed to load faster again. Wish support was better.

Gudino, May 3, 2013 IP
  13. Swaps4

Swaps4 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Indeed, I did actually ask for my money back at one point but he denied it so, I couldn't be bothered to make a claim or anything since right now I'm just monetizing the site via various fanbases. It'll come to use soon when I can be bothered to work on it.

Swaps4, May 3, 2013 IP
  14. Dismatikz

Best Answers:

I mean for his WP-Anime plugin. It doesn't work.

Dismatikz, May 3, 2013 IP
  15. Gudino

Gudino Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry, I don't know what exactly your problem is. It seems that I never had that problem. All that I had to do was go to change the permalinks settings in wordpress. Can you explain more or show us a picture? If you can't figure it out and you can't find the info on his forum, then you may have to contact him.

FYI, you have to contact him to tell him that you want access to hidden forums and threads that are related to whatever you bought from Xhanch. At least he didn't just automatically unlock those threads for me or heck even tell me that there were extra threads started by other users that may actually help you.

Gudino, May 4, 2013 IP
  16. msk19994

msk19994 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow according to the people in the thread the support is non existent, I wanted to buy this plugin for some months but was confused regarding as to buy it or not but i guess its working fine for some people.
    I wanted to ask you all a question which package did you guys buy ?
    As i just want to know what is the correct package to buy regarding it :)

msk19994, May 4, 2013 IP
  17. Gudino

Gudino Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I bought the membership package. The more expensive one. I can't really tell you much about the membership part because I haven't used it.

Gudino, May 5, 2013 IP
  18. msk19994

Best Answers:
    Ah so u bought it but haven't enabled it..
    What about the sources are they good ?

msk19994, May 5, 2013 IP
  19. Gudino

Gudino Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I emailed him about activating it but I think that he hasn't done it on his end. The sources are good. Check my site out animepit.com. Site isn't done but all the episodes are up.

Gudino, May 5, 2013 IP
  20. msk19994

Best Answers:
    Interesting........
    I see that your site has subbed episodes does the script provide an option for the dubbed episodes too ?

msk19994, May 5, 2013 IP