1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DP Down?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by RoguePyro, Apr 30, 2013.

Was DP down for everyone? The last couple hours I couldn't access it, and there was some info in a conversation that I needed. But it's back so we're good. Just wondering If it was down for everyone or just me.

Solved! View solution.
    RoguePyro, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  2. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Was down for me too.

browntwn, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  3. Nicholas Pope

Nicholas Pope Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yup was down in New Zealand aswell

Nicholas Pope, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  4. Devtard

Devtard Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It was down several times in the past few days, what's going on?

Devtard, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  5. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Sounds like an erectile dysfunction thread.

dcristo, Apr 30, 2013 IP
    Some backend server migration has been happening... The downtime was quite unexpected. For example some new equipment popped some breakers in the data center, and I had to drive there to reset/rewrire it. The ironic thing is I was planning on going there tonight and putting all equipment with redundant power supplies on two different circuits... so yeah... the breaker popping sped that plan up.

In fact, I'm headed over there again right now to do some more work... probably will be about 5 minutes of downtime in a bit when I'm there.

digitalpoint, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  7. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    digitalpoint, May 1, 2013 IP
  8. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The night before last (that's Monday 29th May 2013) at 9.38pm DP began to be unreachable. Error pages we're displayed for me until past 11pm the same night.

The next night last night the same thing happened but I was not really take much notice of the time as was doing other things but I think it was still an hour or more before was able to get back on again.

I am in the east midlands in the UK and someone else I was talking to on the west coast of the UK (EG Wales) experienced the same problem as we had to catch up the next day on a private conversation.

Was this the new forum software, a server problem or what excatly? Was it limited to just UK viewers for example?

Revelations-Decoder, May 1, 2013 IP
  9. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The issues on both days were related to the new equipment... both were not expected to happen, but well... you know how that goes. :)

The first day (the 90 minute one) was when I was installing new equipment in the data center, and someone else was also there shuffling some equipment to different racks and inadvertently disconnected power to our upstream router (was on a different rack).

The thing yesterday was just silly... was doing some load tests of the CPUs on the new servers and when all 256 CPUs came under load they started drawing so much power that the circuit breakers at the data center tripped.

Rewired some of the electrical last night so everything should be fine now going forward (even went so far as to hook it all up to N2 power... meaning 2 different entire electrical systems in the building so if one fails, you still have the backup redundant power supplies on the entire different circuit/electrical system).

ryan_uk likes this.
  10. Nicholas Pope

Best Answers:

Do you actually control every aspect of your website like your servers, website itself like coding and stuff and marketing? I would of thought this website would make enough for you to just hire a team to run it?

Nicholas Pope, May 1, 2013 IP
  11. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yep... I do. Not about the money or costs or work for me. This website is basically what I do for a hobby... would you pay someone to do your hobby? :)

12. Nicholas Pope

Best Answers:
    I suppose not, and I guess that's why no matter what time I come online I always see you here lol, is this your only website?

13. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    More or less... I have some dumb random things like www.shawnhogan.com that I never write on... but nothing of interest.

14. Nicholas Pope

Best Answers:

lol you must make decent money here then if you not looking for more opportunities, it is a nice site you got here with a lot of dedicated users, its currently the only forum I use for this reason and others.