1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Quality designer/proposals needed

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by silvastar, May 1, 2013.

Hi
    I need a site with some basic functionality and a friend suggested a CRUD style website.
    Main functionality:
    • 1 person can post a job. That job gets updated on home page.
    • Other people reply to that job posting. Auto emails get sent to various parties.
    • All new jobs get compiled in an email and at a certain time each day get auto emailed.
    • Each new job posting gets its own page built automatically. On posting, person can review posting and submit to go live. Live page will auto grab headline and build SEO meta tags for new page.
    • Each new job will have a countdown for when the job becomes unavailable.
    • Site must have solid CMS where we can add content.
    • Each person who signs up gets access to a members area.
    What programming language should this site be build in? What sites are best to go for freelance web developers? Would a CRUD style be the way to go? Are there customer template sites that can be used or would this need to be 100% custom with own CMS?

Interested in hearing thoughts and ideas around this. We are ready to move on this.
    Thanks

silvastar, May 1, 2013 IP
  2. Swanton84

Swanton84 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You will be interested to check up www.ReadyPressFolio.com and add me on Skype at swanton.walton.

Swanton84, May 1, 2013 IP
  3. silvastar

silvastar Active Member

Best Answers:
    That is very kind Swanton84. I checked out your site but I'm trying to identify if wordpress or another CMS is the right solution. Once I feel more confident in the suggestions made by the many great web developers here, I'll be ready to get started.

I've got a full spec mapped out with various flow charts and mock up designs for pages etc already. We've been working on this for a while so just need some technical advice before we hit the 'go button'.
    Thanks and look forward to other replies.

4. silvastar

silvastar Active Member

Best Answers:
    In regards to wordpress, is there a site I can go to to view the various pluggins?

5. silvastar

silvastar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Any other ideas on the best foundation to get this site built from? Drupal? Wordpress? Another CMS?
    Thanks in advance.

silvastar, May 2, 2013 IP
  6. cadsii

cadsii Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Yes you can search through the 24,791 plugins here

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/

cadsii, May 2, 2013 IP
  7. cadsii

cadsii Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

I suggest wordpress, sooo much support out there is unreal.

It's come a long way over the years, pretty much nothing you can't do.

I even just finished my first Wordpress powered iPhone app > tweakshare.info

cadsii, May 2, 2013 IP
  8. silvastar

silvastar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Cadsii
    Thanks for the update and great to hear how much confidence you have in wordpress. I'm looking to outsource the build of this website so I trying to find a solution that other developers could take over easily just in case something happens to them.

The wordpress plugin site is extremely comprehensive. Little difficult for me since I'm not a programmer but I get the gist of it. I'm sure wordpress can comfortably do what I need.

I'm surprised more haven't suggested drupal.

silvastar, May 4, 2013 IP
  9. bluebenz

bluebenz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Silvastar,
    I am also not a programmer but I think it's better if you tell here a sample of website that you want to develop. I think it will be easier for the wp plugin programmer and designer. (but it can be wrong..)

I'm not sure about your budget, but when the site is full operated, it will need extra cost, like sending auto email. Imagine if you have 10,000 subscribers and each day your system need to send 10,000 emails.
    My dreamhost hosting has limitation in sending email per hours, I think about 200 emails per hours.

I am not a wordpress expert but I am agree that wp can do a lot, and if I were you, I will contact a valid web developer in my area. I believe there will be some update needed and it will be easier to contact them face to face.I only can think the global function, but a lot of time, my local programmer have a good idea and solution for some specific problems.
    (I trust online web developer, but it in case it's my project)..

bluebenz, May 4, 2013 IP