1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

>>Any marketing plan specially for Registrar?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by iisp.hk, Apr 27, 2013.

My name is Helen Ho, I am a stalker ;) of "General Marketing" on DP but never come forward to say Hi.

I read a great many thread about "How to draw more traffic to website!" or "How to increase unique visitors to website", or some similar topics here.

But, does any of you have marketing plan specially designed for domain Registrar's website?

Any response/comment/advice from you will be greatly appreciated.

Faithfully,

iisp.hk, Apr 27, 2013 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Create "domain sale" campaigns on AdWords or AdCenter. Sell your domains for like $1-2 per domain. With that, bundle a hosting plan, which will make you the income you desire. It is really hard to just make a living from domain sales (unless you're a popular service). So, you need to get people interested in cheap domains and THEN convince them to bundle them with a great hosting plan.

qwikad.com, Apr 29, 2013 IP
  3. turbovps

turbovps Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you can try free domain with hosting or free hosting with domain plans. Free is the catchy word. ;)

turbovps, Apr 29, 2013 IP
  4. Brian Loriga

Brian Loriga Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi go to www.getfoundnow.biz and go to their Marketing Plan Page. There is a simple form there and the more detailed you are the better the report will be.

I hope this helps and Good Luck

Brian Loriga, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  5. iisp.hk

iisp.hk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice idea, turbovps! I consider free hosting with domain plan will work better for us if taking cost into consideration.

iisp.hk, May 1, 2013 IP
  6. iisp.hk

iisp.hk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Checking their free marketing plan now...

iisp.hk, May 1, 2013 IP
  7. iisp.hk

iisp.hk Active Member

Best Answers:
    well, honestly, till now, I didn't get any special advice for the special plan, a little sad though, thank you all the same. (handshaking...)

iisp.hk, May 2, 2013 IP
  8. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can try getting more people to your site through social media sites. For example, create a page for your site on Facebook then have a sale or something where you will offer the first 10 to like your page free domain registration. You can earn followers and more recognition as well as traffic for your site this way.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

affilorama, May 3, 2013 IP
  9. iisp.hk

iisp.hk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Per your proposal, we will give more attention to the networking social media later on. Thank you, Cecille!

iisp.hk, May 5, 2013 IP
  10. iisp.hk

iisp.hk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi guys, we now decide to give a try on PAID marketing plans and expect to receive high-efficiency results than manual methods'.
    What PAID marketing plans will you recommend?

iisp.hk, May 5, 2013 IP
  11. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It maybe not 'special plan' but I thought you should provide 'reseller' service.
    I remember the students and lecturers in local colleges need private domain for their blogs and assignment.
    I bought 'few' domains from local and international company.
    Well, I don't remember the number of domains I bought for them but it seems three classes already own their domain.
    Sometimes I think it is better to be reseller rather than bought it as customer. :)

Arick unirow, May 5, 2013 IP
  12. iisp.hk

iisp.hk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Arick, pleasure to meet you on DP.
    Seeking opportunities in the ivory tower? um, this is a SPECIAL and FRESH idea which I never thought of before.
    Yeah, I can't agree more, domain reseller plan is always based on the selling point of decent discounts.
    But could you please share more information about #1 how we domain Registrars attract the attention of students/lecturers, #2 what domain extensions the students/lecturers will be interested in?

Faithfully,

iisp.hk, May 6, 2013 IP
  13. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    Other way is domain name forums, you can participate in these domain name or webmaster forums, which would help build brand name of your company too.....

SERPpoint, May 6, 2013 IP
  14. Arick unirow

Best Answers:
    It is nice to meet "General marketing" in DP. :)

I'll try to answer the questions.

1. How we domain Registrars attract the attention of students/lecturers?
    Here are few things which may answer the question:
    1. Make good deals for them.
    2. Doing presentation and accept registration in campuses.
    3. Tell them that the company will help them build the website or blog they really want. Doing it will surely attract more sales.
    4. Create reseller program only for qualified person from university. Reseller will doing presentation and help both student and lecturer to buy domain.
    I think the fourth option is better.
    1. Why reseller program is better? They will help students and teacher directly in setting up domain and hosting. React to DMCA complaint, manage domain and hosting at 'the bottom level configuration'.
    2. Not all people able to speak English. Having reseller which able to speak with client's language is good choice.
    3. get more sales from all around the world.
    Basically, they want trusted company which will take care of the domain and hosting. I help them bought domain from 'well known' registrar because they have better features, lower prices and lots of domain to choose. The bad things for using international company is they only respond with English. That is why I help students and lecturers (as intermediate). Not all of them able to speak English. If they could speak English, they still have no idea on how to setup the everything. I help them setup everything with a hope they will help themselves in future.

I see many local registrars go to campuses and attract student to buy the domain and hosting. Most of them fail because they didn't understand what the student and lecturer want.

International registrar could easily beat local registrar. But it is impossible to beat them without staff or a someone whom understand with local areas.

2. what domain extensions the students/lecturers will be interested in?
    Local student and lecturer really interesting in dot ASIA, dot COM, dot NET, dot BIZ, dot NAME and few others. 'Online Era' has just been started in my country. Everyone want a domain for blog/website. Having a domain is just like a symbol if they were ready for modernization'. A domain name will make a teacher or lecturer looks professorial. Most lecturer give assignment through their blog. Students are required to download it and send the answer through email. Sub-domain from university (dot edu, etc,) wasn't popular because of so much reasons.
    =========
    To sum up the everything, Student and lecturer want domain and blog available for them without complicated tasks. basically it is "they pay and ready to use it". Always avoid "They pay and ready to setup the services".
    =========

Last edited: May 6, 2013
    Arick unirow, May 6, 2013 IP
  15. iisp.hk

iisp.hk Active Member

Best Answers:
    If one day, Arick became Campus Domain Ambassador, I won't be surprised.

Btw, I PMed you, now it's called "Start a Conversation" on DP, please have a look.

iisp.hk, May 7, 2013 IP
  16. Arick unirow

Best Answers:
    Thanks for writing a message in my inbox. It is a great honor to have a conversation with 'General Marketing' of NiceNIC.

It just like a dream for me. :)

BTW, dreaming to be a Campus Domain Ambassador is the last thing to dream. I have no skills to achieve it.
    But I'm sure of one thing, NiceNIC would be one of the biggest domain registrar in the world in future.

I see great potential in NiceNIC. The name itself looks great. The slogan make it more awesome.

ARICK.

Arick unirow, May 7, 2013 IP
  17. iisp.hk

iisp.hk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Honor is ours, Arick, I representing NiceNIC Team appreciate your detailed reply and nice comments.
    We have been making more efforts as possible to extend client's expectation. :)
    Thank DP, the great community, to give me the chance to learn about how DPers like us. (handshaking...)

iisp.hk, May 7, 2013 IP