1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can I Make 100 Hundred Domain Names Work For Me

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by leeboy, Apr 28, 2013.

Hi Guys, I hope somebody can help me. I own a website that is reasonably profitable. I have an idea to purchase around 100 Domain names that are good Keyworded Domain names. My idea is to get a good web designer/Seo expert to build me a template, then basically duplicate the template for every domain name. Each domain name website would then point to my original website. I suppose what I am trying to find out is if:

1: I am wasting my time and money buying all these domain names
    2: Will this idea work in the sense that it should generate lots of traffic to my main website coming from all these other Template domain websites?

I thank you for your help and support.
    Cheers Lee

leeboy, Apr 28, 2013 IP
  2. allroundguy

allroundguy Member

Best Answers:
    For what it's wort to You:
    I understand all programming is identical, so that all content including all html tags are the same.
    You are then going to redirect each and every website to the same specific main website.
    If so, then, yes, Your main site will receive for each request for each of the other websites 1 visit.
    The more traffic to any other website will create more traffic to the main site.
    But what is that anyhow useful for You?
    Okay, perhaps search engines would not penalize Your websites in one way or another.
    But it is not sure people will be happy to land time after time again on identical pages with content that might not be of much interest for them.
    Something like opening 100 doors in a corridor, just to each and every time see the same people doing exactly the same things in the same position at the same desk - table - whatever furniture.
    Booooring ...
    And who's gonna pay for the bandwidth?
    You don't intend to do this on a shared server, aren't You?
    That's asking for big trouble.
    Would it be a waste of time? To me, yes.
    If You have plenty time and money, nice experiment ...
    Success!

allroundguy, Apr 29, 2013 IP
  3. leeboy

leeboy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey thanks for your answers and help and support.

I'm not sure why you say people would not be interested, Lets say the main website is selling Dog Product and each website I create (Template) is all about this Dog product then it could make sense that when they get transferred to the main website that they would be interested in the product or they would not have clicked any of the links?

Also my idea was that the more somebody sees the brand name the better,

How much would a server cost?

I am also thinking about getting affiliates and giving them all a template that they can advertise themselves and generate sales from it?

Thank you very much
    cheers Lee

leeboy, Apr 29, 2013 IP
  4. allroundguy

allroundguy Member

Best Answers:
    You said "Template", so that means each web document will be exactly the same.
    If the ads, banners & links are everywhere the same, why should somebody want to go back to the same content and click the same banners, ads & links?
    Anyway, always clicking ads from the same IP must sooner or later result in trouble with the advertisers.

Affiliate programs usually don't allow such practices.
    Also, remember the corridor with 100 doors, same 100 rooms and same 100 content?
    If Your 100 websites each have different products, then there could be some acceptable ROI for You.
    But You speak about 100 identical websites, built from 1 template.

Hosting?
    I am absolutely against shared hosting, because there is almost always an idiot jeopardizing accounts from other users in one way or another.
    Who wants to go in business must invest in a dedicated server, and then not share it.
    Shared hosting is okay if the number of accounts is limited and all users have the discipline to keep things reasonable.
    Costs? There are enough dedicated servers available in all prices, managed and not managed.
    I cannot link here about, but You can find info elsewhere on this forum, or PM me.
    I'm 62, and on the Net since 1993. I know what I'm talking about.

Your idea is simple affiliate marketing, and requires more than just hosting & templates.
    You will need to payout Your affiliates in due time, so You need to have some money set aside for that.
    Before beginning Your project, better make thorough homework.

allroundguy, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  5. tattoos

tattoos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Great, that obviously means Google thinks the site/domain is good/trustworthy enough to send you traffic.

You mean create a heap of cookie cutter, spammy type doorway sites running on the same shared server for the main purpose of linking and driving traffic to your trustworthy, profitable site? BAD idea.
    The only thing you will accomplish is decimating the trust you already have in the site that's making you money. Without that trust you will lose traffic and ultimately lose your reasonable profit.

Pretty much a waste of time and money that should be spent improving your site by adding quality content, marketing, social networking, etc.

No. Each template will be treated as a new duplicate site/domain, so wouldn't rank well enough to drive any traffic, they wouldn't have any PR so wouldn't pass anything to your main site. They would look unnatural, be penalized and there is a 'very good' chance that your trustworthy, profitable site would dragged down with them.

The only way it 'may' work is if you gradually created 100 unique sites on unique domains that had unique content and hosted them on different servers with different IP and subclass addresses, with owner info hidden.
    But in reality, all that would do is create 100 extra sites you have to compete with. If any of them outrank you and the visitor doesn't click on the link back to your main site, then you've lost.

Rather than risk everything trying to game/spam Google (and your potential customers), your best bet is to spend that time, money and energy improving the site you already have . Add great content, build more trust and the traffic should continue to grow.

Cheers
    James

tattoos, May 1, 2013 IP
  6. leeboy

leeboy Active Member

Best Answers:

Thank you for your opinions and I really appreciate it. i think i will just concentrate on what I already have and improve it! Cheers Lee

leeboy, May 6, 2013 IP
  7. leeboy

leeboy Active Member

Best Answers:

Thank You james I really appreciate your advice. I'm not stupid enough to ignore what you have said and have taken it on board and will do as you advice and just concentrate on our website and social side. Our facebook page has over 1,500 LIKES so we are doing quite well with this side of it. Thanks Lee

leeboy, May 6, 2013 IP
  8. liquidwebBret

liquidwebBret Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree. Focusing on the site with solid content would be much more effective.

liquidwebBret, May 7, 2013 IP
  9. delix

delix Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    All is fine :)
    But build wordpress on all of them - plug in SEO plugin, add nice content and so on.
    Remember one think... Every domain must be registred on different IP address so You need SEO hosting for this, it cost more :)
    All SEO companies have like 100-10000 websites that they are use to linking so its not a waste of money :)

delix, May 9, 2013 IP
  10. WinterIsComing

WinterIsComing Peon

Best Answers:
    This is called a private blog network, and they are repeatedly attacked by google so you have to be careful. They are great for actually selling links on, but not so good as an SEO strategy unless you know what you are doing. You need to be careful to vary the whois information and the site IP addresses. Each site needs a different wordpress theme and unique content that ideally should be updated at least once a month. If you're willing to put in the time or money, go for it.

WinterIsComing, May 9, 2013 IP
  11. buyer123

buyer123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. is a good idea to create a blog network for your main domain
    2. unique content on each domain, different template
    3. also shared hosting is ok, but for more rep on the net, my suggestion will be to get many hosting accounts (cheapest is the best) to have different ip's that link to your main domain. Something like 1 account for 10 domains, more or less depending on your budget

Hope it helps!

buyer123, May 10, 2013 IP