1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keep or fire the SEO company??? Please, help ASAP!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ZaqwerZ, Apr 27, 2013.

I was wondering is someone could check if the SEO company i hired does a good job (don't know if it is possible)?! They started two months ago and while the report shows that some of the keywords is ranking better the traffic is going down!
    What they do on a monthly basis:
    - 2 new blog posts/articles added to the website monthly
    - multiple articles are posted online (they publish those articles on the websites that they own)
    - one press release a month (on prbuzz.com)
    - links r added to new directories (owned by them)

I see that they do a good job writing articles, but why the traffic is going down????????
    I don't understand much in SEO and need help/advice!!!!
    Site - www. orlandotransportation-shuttle .com

ZaqwerZ, Apr 27, 2013 IP
  2. Xperts234

Xperts234 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi ZaqwerZ,

I feel your pain, and have been in your situation a few years back.

Have you considered trying to get some backlinks to your website from some high PR or authority websites?

I'm no SEO expert, but you should try to look for some other SEO company who can show you proof of their delivered work and performance? What sort of due diligence have you done on the present SEO company, any references?

Good luck

Xperts234, Apr 28, 2013 IP
  3. ikidoxio

ikidoxio Member

Best Answers:
    are you paying monthly?
    how much are you paying?
    and that much seo wont do you any good much.. i am seo expert myself i provide monthly service
    but the quality and quanity i provide are much more than this as it is sure with only this much you wont get any good success any sooner

ikidoxio, Apr 28, 2013 IP
  4. jmjsolutions

jmjsolutions Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I know how you feel...

[​IMG]

been there actually on the other side of for my own sites. Ask them why traffic is going down and then decide if you want to switch to someone else.

jmjsolutions, Apr 28, 2013 IP
  5. Janeth

Janeth Active Member

Best Answers:
    Without knowing how much you’re paying and seeing the quality of the content it’s really hard to say rather it’s worth it or not. However I can tell you it will never rank your site for a competitive keyword.

Now, if they’ve done some really awesome keyword research and are targeting some keywords that no one else is targeting then…well after your first month you should be seeing an increase in traffic and you’re not?

However, if the price is really low you may want to keep them doing what they are doing and have someone else help with some other services. That’s if it’s low priced and high quality.

Janeth, Apr 28, 2013 IP
  6. ZaqwerZ

ZaqwerZ Peon

Best Answers:
    I am paying $650 for the first 2 months and then it should be $1000 a month.
    I don't think you need a price to see if the company is doing a good job. Looking at the most recent back links (i don't know where i can see what links were added withing the last two months) and onpage SEO someone who understands search engine optimization should be able to tell if the company is really doing a good job. I can see the websites they post all their articles, but those websites are owned by them and all those websites are quite new (no page rank). The company itself has very good websites (page rank 4-6) and they have no negative reviews online (i couldn't find any positive ones as well).

ZaqwerZ, Apr 29, 2013 IP
  7. Janeth

Janeth Active Member

Best Answers:
    Okay…the reason I asked about the price is because if he was charging you $5.00 a month, writing the press releases and submitting them would have been worth it, so I would have said keep him and hire someone else to add to what he is doing.

However, on the SEO side of things well…if you were paying him to wash the car, he isn’t even cleaning the windshield.

Most your anchor text appears to be coming from images and the others are keywords like, your URL, click now, star trans –Orlando, and other stuff that that doesn’t include your keywords. I don’t see any creativity in your keywords, only the obvious keywords.

You don’t even have 10% of your anchor text targeting your keywords. And you may want to look at the keyword density for the keywords "Orlando" and "Transportation" on your home page as they appear a bit high. I’d try to lower it to around 5% maximum. You could also do a lot better with your header tags.

Your SMM looks something like this compared to your competition.

[​IMG]

Really...those keywords should be a walk in the park for a real SEO.

Janeth, Apr 29, 2013 IP
  8. ZaqwerZ

ZaqwerZ Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you, Janeth. I guess i'm going to cancel their service. I tried to find a good company for so long and then just sign up with this one ($1000 was a bit high for us, but i would pay if it would bring business). I guess i will have to take everything in my hands...learn SEO from the internet and do it all myself :)

ZaqwerZ, Apr 29, 2013 IP
  9. Janeth

Janeth Active Member

Best Answers:
    Drop me an email and I'll send you a step by step on what you need to do.

Janeth, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  10. scottlpool2003

scottlpool2003 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    2 unique blog posts @ approx 500 words = 1 hour max

Multiple is just not good enough, you need to know the exact information. Why are you paying for something you don't know you're getting?

Short press release should take around 15 minutes to create and a few minutes to submit

I hear a lot of articles about directories no longer being substantial enough to warrant spending time getting links on. Also, websites are being penalized for having dofollow links on their websites such as link directories, blogs and other websites with large link quantities so chances are, the links will be nofollow which are only really good for people clicking through on that website

So above equates to around 1.5-2 hours of work per month. Are you really that busy? Could you be motivated by around $500 per hour?

If you want a good service, use a reputable company with a proven track record. It won't take you too long to find one.

scottlpool2003, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  11. jeremyclark

jeremyclark Peon

Best Answers:
    The activities whatever you mentioned in your thread is outdated and no longer work. Its good decision to take the seo activity from that company but my advice to you is that you do not have to go for seo own self.You should have to hire some other reputed SEO company. What you say?

jeremyclark, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  12. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Fire. If you self-managed, then you would spend a fraction of that per month. The work they are doing is worth a few dollars and is not SEO. It sounds much more like spam.

I suggest you read these posts I made:
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/how-to-do-ethical-seo.2637233/#post-18463559
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/seo-agencies-any-experience.2637773/

And these blog entries:
    http://www.seomoz.org/blog/dont-like-snake-oil-stop-buying-it
    http://www.seomoz.org/ugc/6-surefire-signs-that-your-seo-company-sucks
    http://www.seomoz.org/blog/17-types-of-link-spam-to-avoid
    http://www.seomoz.org/ugc/how-to-do-seo-in-2013

These will help you formulate your own business plan and come up with a viable strategy. A long term strategy. So, then, you can either outsource to a company and ensure they strictly adhere to your requirements or you can manage your overall strategy (best idea, to be honest) and outsource tasks you don't want to do, or can't do.

Your social media presence is perhaps going to be the most important part, so ensure you are doing this yourself (or have a trusted employee(s) doing it). It's your public presence, your communication with customers. It's where you build relationships, establish your brand, your reputation. Look at how companies now respond when there are complaints on social media.

Look at Samsung UK on Facebook and that's an example of badly managed social media presence (they seem to regularly share things that are already out of date or inaccurate).

ryan_uk, Apr 30, 2013 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  13. ZaqwerZ

ZaqwerZ Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you, guys. I do have some free time (not much...just had a baby) so i will try to do whatever i can myself. Janeth, you can send it to this email - smithsarany @ yahoo.com

ZaqwerZ, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  14. ZaqwerZ

ZaqwerZ Peon

Best Answers:
    I decided to tell you what company i used...maybe you've heard about them. Just curious : ) It is swish digital. Let me know what you think.

ZaqwerZ, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  15. afoley77

afoley77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are paying so much for a very little SEO services that would not help you to come out in front of your competitors..So, i would like to suggest you to switch to another seo services if you can not manage yourself..

afoley77, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  16. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Take a look at Swish Digital's website and then compare to http://www.distilled.net/ - I'm not saying use Distilled, definitely not. They are expensive. Just that this is a real high end agency, notice the very different approach and philosophies. Swish Digital makes me want to click the close button immediately.

ryan_uk, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  17. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    These methods are not enough by themselves. You need to create links through other methods like blog/forum commenting and most particularly, social media marketing. Building a strong online presence on social media sites not only help you build links, it helps increase traffic to your site too.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

affilorama, May 1, 2013 IP
  18. Lara Kundar

Lara Kundar Peon

Best Answers:
    Dear Zaqwer,

It is happening due to select a wrong company or SEO workers are less experienced. You should hire good SEO company with good reputation.
    You can check my work here, that could be useful for you. Here are some website for your references:

DesignWebDubai.com
    Marketingsmsuae.com
    Sitsols.com

They are ranking high and getting good business here in UAE. You can outsource your work with very reasonable price with money back guarantee.

Thanks,
    Lara

Lara Kundar, May 1, 2013 IP
  19. ikidoxio

ikidoxio Member

Best Answers:
    the price you are paying
    the work you are getting
    only one conclusion
    FIRE THEM

ikidoxio, May 1, 2013 IP
  20. emn

emn Active Member

Best Answers:
    I
    think check your traffic through Google analytics and check your backlinks too from Google and Yahoo etc. If there is a increase in these, surely they are doing good otherwise kick them off.

emn, Jul 16, 2013 IP