1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How's my site look?

Discussion in 'Websites' started by wren11, Apr 24, 2013.

Hello there, new to DP,

Got a site up and running, What do you guys think about it. Good/bad, Looking for some constructive criticism.

the site is http://www.citfree.com

Regards!

wren11, Apr 24, 2013 IP
  2. Pak U Tube

Pak U Tube Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very Nice Perfect design Your site looks professional . I like it/

Pak U Tube, Apr 24, 2013 IP
  3. NYHuntClub

NYHuntClub Member

Best Answers:
    I was very impressed. I typed in some old and different movies with results for each.

NYHuntClub, Apr 26, 2013 IP
  4. OneManCrew

OneManCrew Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey, I went over to your site and was expecting to see a crappy site when suddenly it got my attention, I must say that I'm an old dog and seen a lot of web sites in my time.

First I would like to say that when the site opens up and all those movie posters appear with a search box over them me and a derp user understand what to do.
    second after the search, I typed in "Matrix" I got the search results fast and I actually clicked on a few to see. so anywho in my book of site reviews your site sure gets 9/10 why 9/10 you ask, well that's because nothing is perfect and something sure needs to be fixed that I don't see.. so 9/10.

Good luck with your site!

OneManCrew, Apr 27, 2013 IP
  5. SmallBizWebsites.Org

SmallBizWebsites.Org Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    At first I thought "Oh No, another site with an entry page". But, then I realized it doesn't need anything else. It gets right to the point just like Google search, and it is done quite nicely. I also noticed that as the browser is resized the input box moves to the left- perfect for mobile users.

I do have one worry, which perhaps other visitors to your site might have. That is, are any of the links potential malware threats? Is there a way to assure visitors that clicking any of the links for a given movie will not cause a drive-by download of nasty stuff- viruses, malware, rootkits, etc?

SmallBizWebsites.Org, Apr 27, 2013 IP
  6. moonlightgaze

moonlightgaze Member

Best Answers:
    Very impressed. Very nice site & easy to navigate, i like it. Two thumbs up. Great Work.

moonlightgaze, Apr 27, 2013 IP
  7. wren11

wren11 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The 3rd party links to stream the movies are quite safe and they all come from verified sources, though with everything, you should never download anything you are unaware of, thanks for the review!

wren11, Apr 27, 2013 IP
  8. d.Jane.s

d.Jane.s Peon

Best Answers:
    Am quite impressed with this site, getting to the point right away is much loved on the internet. Also, surprised that The Facts of Life did a reunion movie.

d.Jane.s, May 3, 2013 IP
  9. Del Kirk

Del Kirk Member

Best Answers:
    Really simple to use! Some proper oldie goldie films on there :) Bookmarked! My only thing is the big orange rating box seems a clickable link, but goes nowhere? Other than that great job!

Del Kirk, May 5, 2013 IP
  10. KING7

KING7 Member

Best Answers:
    I like your site, the simplest I have ever saw!

KING7, May 7, 2013 IP
  11. Pricerr

Pricerr Peon

Best Answers:
    Amazing website, nice and clean desing and fast and good working!

Pricerr, May 8, 2013 IP
  12. Iain R

Iain R Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    One thing that came to mind would be if you could have a preview mode when you hovered over the movie.

Perhaps you could pull information from IMDB through an api.

Another thought was, what do the different colours of links mean. Are green ones more trusted. I may have missed this, if so, I apologize.

Iain R, May 8, 2013 IP
  13. wren11

wren11 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wanted to keep it light and simple with just the minimal information but i do have more info about them maybe i will get it a try, thanks! the color coded links are just to highlight the popular hosters from the regulars

wren11, May 8, 2013 IP
  14. Iain R

Iain R Greenhorn

Best Answers:

I thought they might be trust indicators to let you know what you're getting into if you stream from the site.

Iain R, May 8, 2013 IP
  15. wren11

wren11 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm still working on the links part and I'm going to implement a system for it soon, But i do appreciate your feedback!

wren11, May 8, 2013 IP
  16. ntmedia

ntmedia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well you said you wanted constructive criticism, so here it goes.
    First off, really great idea, realization (so far) - could have been better.
    Hear me out.
    I've noticed that you have some movie tiles stacked up on home page, predefined movies. Well, if they're already predefined (not random ones), just put better quality pics on it. Also, input field for search movies looks rather unimpressed, while, keep in mind, all of the site's focus is exactly on that button. I would tweak it a bit further if I were you.

Next, when we search for a movie and result comes up. Make ratings appear all the time, not just on hover. Tweak it a bit further and change color of ratings background depending on the grade it got, or something similar. Just an idea. I like design of Genres, Rating, Release etc buttons. I prefer that style I mean.

So we've chosen a movie. List looks pretty good, but put a logo of where the movie is hosted rather than coloring it depending on where it is. For instance, how it's here: http://www.btvguide.com/Grimm/Season-2/episode-20/watch-online (just clicked on something random to show you).

I really don't put this much effort into making a post, but this site really has potential, and it would be a shame if you didn't put it to max.

Good luck with your project.
    Cheers

ntmedia, May 8, 2013 IP
    wren11 likes this.
  17. Iain R

Iain R Greenhorn

Best Answers:

If you do something with the colours, definitely include a legend.

You could use them as a quality indicator as well. That might be a good idea. Many steams are terrible, so having some way to tell what the quality is quickly might be cool.

Iain R, May 8, 2013 IP
    wren11 likes this.