1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Someone is click bombing my adsense site.

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by sheetal2009, Mar 29, 2013.

For last few days my adsense website is being click boomed from united states. For 5 views I got 17 clicks and finally I have to pull the adsense down.

I already reported this to adsense. I checked all logs but unable to identify the clicker since I get too many US visitors. Now I have replaced adsense ad with dummy ad which when clicked will log the IP. I tried this earlier for 2 days and didn't get anyone. Tried analyzing logs at different dates using Apache Log viewer but couldn't find repeating IPs. So he might be using dynamic IP. Also found many Opera IPs.

My site get average 100 visits a day which increased recently. My site is a regional site for India. Now ads removed due to this problem.

So please help me stop this click bomber. Screenshot attached.

Attached Files:

sheetal2009, Mar 29, 2013 IP
  2. sheetal2009

sheetal2009 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think I found the ip bombing my site. 5.104.241.171 - 5.104.241.179.
    These IP's are frequently visiting my site especially on attack days. Another thing is that these IPs show fake User agents. Within seconds they change user agent to apple, Windows, Opera. Also no refer.

Also http://whatis.riskyinternet.com/what-is/ip/5.104.241.171 shows as risky.

The reason I couldn't find this IP was because Appache Log Viewer showed it as Israel IP instead of US. Here is the screenshot of these IP access to my site.

Attached Files:

3. JokerNik

JokerNik Member

Best Answers:
    Try to make it clear to adsense before they screw you :p

JokerNik, Mar 29, 2013 IP
  4. sheetal2009

Best Answers:
    Yes I just send few reports to adsense about invalid clicks.

5. zetttaxco

zetttaxco Member

Best Answers:
    Please appeal to Google Adsense and says that there are evil people who accidentally click on your ad repeatedly. Then give screenshot from visitor IP Address to Google Adsense support team.

I have also never experienced anything like this, but not this bad. I instantly dislodged ads on my website. A few days later after I fix and researching my website, I put an ad again because I feel that my website is secure.

zetttaxco, Apr 4, 2013 IP
    sheetal2009 likes this.
  6. AmazzzingTricks.blogspot

AmazzzingTricks.blogspot Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi..!!!
    I Want To Ask Something From Sheetal...
    How You Get the Data of IPs Which Clicks On Adsense Ads...???
    I also Have Adsense Account and Want to Know About the IPs which Click On My Ads....

7. sheetal2009

Best Answers:
    Its very difficult.

My site was a Indian site and had very less US visitors. So I collected all US ips from log and anlayazed it every day to find suspected ips. Buts still click bombing continued. Now for last few weeks I have removed ads. I will put back ads only after 1 month. It practically unstoppable. better remove ads and stay safe.

sheetal2009, Apr 27, 2013 IP
  8. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are using any scraped content you will find people will click bomb you as it's the easiest way to get a reaction from Google against offending site

I always click bomb any sites I found my sites details scrapped on to. It's the easiest way to draw attention to scraper sites.

Revelations-Decoder, Apr 27, 2013 IP
  9. sheetal2009

Best Answers:
    I am not a scrapper. I have very unique content. Not only me getting click bombed. Check this thread https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/click-bomb.2647326/

A group of hackers or some people have targeted us who are using wordpress blog with adsense. The attack started back in March 14 and still continuing.

10. Revelations-Decoder

Best Answers:

Ah that's a different story. I am using both WP and adsense but seen nothing of such things. Wil take a look at that thread though thanks.

Seems like a pointless excercise click bombing someone for no apparent reason. Some people seem to have nothing better to do with their time than make things difficult for others...

11. sheetal2009

Best Answers:
    I don't think its different.
    1. All attacks started by mid march.
    2. We all got attacked from US, South Africa, Germany.
    3. We tried banning many IPs but they continued their attack every day till we took our ads down.
    4. We got only attacked at home page ads.
    5. Who spends hours every day to attack more than 25 websites? Just like a DDOS attack. Typical organized hacker behavior. If hackers can do a DDOS attack, why can't they do a Click bombing.

12. Revelations-Decoder

Best Answers:
    Only home page ads suggests automation of some kind so you are right to be thinking so me thinks

13. Kavalar

Kavalar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You could try the clickbomb protection plugin. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/cbprotect/

Kavalar, Apr 27, 2013 IP
  14. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i dont understand why google is quick to punish publishers.
    Google pretty much knows which clicks are valid, and invalid. IMO if someone click bombs on someones site (where it is pretty obvious they are being an annoying little shit) they should get banned for several years from all of googles services. By this I mean, that if a clicker uses adsense, gmail, youtube that they are punished by a total lockout of google services simply for click bombing, not the advertiser.

matt_62, Apr 27, 2013 IP