1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Top 5 Online Earning Sites you Probably Didn't Know About

Discussion in 'General Business' started by boyuancy, Apr 24, 2013.

I have seen a lot of newbie-freelancers here asking about legitimate online earning sites where they can work and get paid. I'm a freelancer. I have been in that "spot" before (about 2 years ago) and believe me, it sucks to be there, not to know where to look, what to look for, etc.

So I decided to make a list of the top earning sites that have worked for me and pay legitimately. But before we get to it, it might be worth getting a few things out of the way:

• I'm a content writer and hence, I'm writing from a content writer's perspective. But anyone and everyone can join and earn from the sites that I'm mentioning in this post.
    • I'm assuming that everyone here knows about sites like oDesk, Fiverr, PostLoop and iWriter. Everything has already been said and done about these sites so if you're looking for information about them, GOOGLE IT! :p
    • All the sites that I'm mentioning in this thread pay by PayPal. When, how? You'll know all about it once you join them.
    • All these sites accept users from anywhere around the world. So no matter where you are from, JUMP RIGHT IN! :)
    Okay, so here it goes...

1. BoostCTR: BoostCTR is currently my favorite earning method. At Boost, you get paid to write AdWords, Bing and other kind of ads and believe me, it isn't half as hard as it sounds. The ads are 70 characters in length and it is all about being a wordsmith; being able to give consumers the information in the shortest possible way.

The pay is great too and once you get the hang of it, you could easily be making anywhere from a $100 a month to a grand or more.

2.InfoArmy: I found out about InfoArmy a few months ago. It, sadly, didn't work out for me but who knows, it could work for you.

It is basically a research job where you have to find information about companies and put them into appropriate fields, finally, making it into a report for InfoArmy. There are a few things to be figured out about the payment system - 2 levels of researchers - both being paid differently, rev. share, etc.

3. SquadHelp, CrowdSpring, PickyDomains: These are crowdsourced contest sites where content writers can get paid to suggest names, taglines and even write content.

I'm yet to win a content at these sites but I know for a fact that these sites are legit and they pay.

4. Enroll: It has only been a few hours since I signed up with Enroll but I'm having a lot of fun. This is basically a design/usability testing website where you have to give your opinion on which design is better and why.

The pay isn't great but for the job that you're supposed to do, it is well worth the effort. You can sign up at EnrollApp.com.

5. PaidForumPosting: I put PaidForumPosting at the end of the list because some of you might already know about them. Also, I was kinda short of ideas... :p

Other than PostLoop, this is the next big name in paid forum posting and while I'm not a member of it, I'm told that the users get paid up to 20¢ per post. Obviously, not everybody gets in.

If you feel like you can post in perfect English grammar and provide great content, it might be a good idea to give it a try. Yes, you'll have to go through a test here too (like PostLoop).

I know that we're at the end of the list but I just want to mention a few other sites that couldn't make it.

Knoji: This used to be one of my favorite sites, not as an article writing site, but for Coupon Sharing, Q&A, etc. Sadly, it seems to be going through a bad phase right now and it might not be a good idea to sign up just yet. But it made up for some very impressive passive income for me in the last year so keep checking with it to find out if it makes a comeback.

Search Engine Eval: For freelancers who have the time to, you might be interested in checking out sites like LionBridge and Appen Butler Hill. These sites have openings for search engine evals from all around the world and basically, you're searching for given keywords and rating the kind of content that shows up.

Moderation for LiveWorld: I'm a forum poster and I've moderated a few forums. I really enjoyed doing it - interacting with members on a regular basis, checking for spam, etc. If you are like me and are looking for a job as a paid forum moderator, this might be a good place to look for.

Well, that's it! As long as the topic is active, I will answer all questions about things that I know about the sites that I mentioned in this thread. But please, do your own research too.

* If you find the information that I posted in this thread useful, please consider hitting that 'Like' button. I could use some love. Thanks! :)

boyuancy, Apr 24, 2013 IP
    yasashii likes this.
  2. raj085

raj085 Active Member

Best Answers:
    DO all these sites really pay? Proof?

raj085, Apr 24, 2013 IP
  3. Iain R

Iain R Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Wow, that is a pretty cool list of places that I have never tried before.

For content writers, you could also check out Textbrokers.com which is pretty good. You write articles you get paid.

Thanks for the info.

Iain R, Apr 24, 2013 IP
  4. Mr victor

Mr victor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Woow thanks for this information will check them out

Mr victor, Apr 25, 2013 IP
  5. lorienm

lorienm Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm surprised mturk wasn't included here. No, you might not make a living here, but if you do some research, you can learn how make the most money and find the best requesters. There are some writing hits that pay fairly well for skilled writers. Reddit has a great community for turkers.

lorienm, Apr 26, 2013 IP
  6. boyuancy

boyuancy Greenhorn

Best Answers:

The thing is, a lot of people already know about MTurk as they do about Postloop, oDesk, Fiverr and iWriter. MTurk didn't even cross my mind while I was compiling this list and here's why: a lot of people are having trouble getting into MTurk. I had a MTurk account back in the day but it was deleted due to inactivity.

Then, when I tried to get in again, I was rejected, multiple times. No valid reason was given for my rejection and I later found out that working at MTurk was now limited to people living in the U.S.

I wanted to make this list to help people from all over the world. The sites that I mentioned in the main list accept people from all over the world, as long as you have what it takes to get in.

I hope you found it useful. :)

boyuancy, Apr 27, 2013 IP
  7. NanetteY

NanetteY Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I have used Fiverr but haven't heard of these others. Will look into them as well.
    Thanks

NanetteY, Apr 27, 2013 IP
  8. lorienm

lorienm Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I did find your article very useful. Sorry, I missed the mention of paypal. Some I am familiar with, such as BoostCTR and I signed up for Enroll.

lorienm, Apr 27, 2013 IP
  9. Marton123

Marton123 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Very much informative... this will help the beginners

Marton123, Apr 28, 2013 IP
  10. karimous

karimous Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Can you give me a free course for work on fiverr ?

karimous, Sep 6, 2017 IP
  11. dabbu347

dabbu347 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @boyuancy does these mentioned sites are legal in India too ? :(

dabbu347, Sep 7, 2017 IP