1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why Facebook is more helfull than Twitter for seo?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by skytouch, Apr 21, 2013.

Apply the best reason why Facebook is batter for seo than Twitter ?

skytouch, Apr 21, 2013 IP
  2. ciamos

ciamos Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well the best batter is the edible kind, I normally recommend to use flour and eggs. Not sure how chicken friend steak would taste battered in Facebook or Twitter, but if you're willing to try it let us know how it goes!

But seriously, I think Facebook is better for SEO because you can put more content in a post and a whole lot more people use Facebook than Twitter. You reach a much broader audience with FB.

ciamos, Apr 21, 2013 IP
  3. afoley77

afoley77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think both are equally helpful..We can't compare the seo benefits of both sites..As twitter have its own seo benefits that Facebook can't provide and also Facebook have some great features that twitter can't provide..But both are beneficial and helpful for SEO effects..

afoley77, Apr 21, 2013 IP
  4. kvseaton733

kvseaton733 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Here are my thoughts on this matter. First of all Twitter and Facebook has two different audiences, and serves two different purposes when it comes to SEO. If you want to get a site indexed or spidered quickly then it’s best to post a link to twitter. Because with twitter you can only post 140 characters per post including links, therefore the search engine spiders are always visiting Twitter to see what new content is available.

However let’s say you have content such as an article, you want to get seen then Facebook is very good for that. Providing that you are posting your article to your fan page where you have fans, or another fan page that has lots of fans. With this method, you have a good chance of your information to go viral, and seen by other people.

Now for SEO purposes, I would use both Facebook and Twitter together. I would post the content to Facebook and then to Twitter.

Here is a trick that you can use to also get users to visit your site:
    Find what is trending on twitter, by searching the different #hashtags. Then post something to Facebook pertaining to that hashtag, come back to twitter, tweet about it, and use that hashtag, and I am sure you will get both human traffic, and search engine bots coming to visit your post!

kvseaton733, Apr 22, 2013 IP
    Princess Aiyanaa likes this.
  5. CandleKeep

CandleKeep Active Member

Best Answers:
    They're both huge variables of consideration that Google (and any SE worth it's salt) algorithms consider heavily.

In fact, I think Social prominence is a variable so neglected in most SEO plans. Also; a properly syndicated message across both social networks is far superior to utilizing just one.. Right?

CandleKeep, Apr 22, 2013 IP
  6. rypher21

rypher21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe the two are both beneficial. But I think Facebook is better choice. There are more users of Facebook than of Twitter. Also, you can post more contents on Facebook. And based on what I read, hashtags on Twitter do not work well for SEO.

rypher21, Apr 23, 2013 IP
  7. ronrule

ronrule Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I've had a lot more success with Twitter than Facebook. The primary reason being that there are so many bots on Twitter that curate content and post it to blogs, you end up getting non-social backlinks out of it. That doesn't happen as much with Facebook.

ronrule, Apr 23, 2013 IP
  8. GioLCR

GioLCR Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yes,facebook is more power
    i was 15 in google,after i do 300 addmefast fb like and i will be 7 in google.

but twitter has not any power for me

GioLCR, Apr 24, 2013 IP
  9. A+ Global

A+ Global Active Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook allows you to share your content unlike Twitter.

A+ Global, Apr 25, 2013 IP
  10. OfficialRTS

OfficialRTS Active Member

Best Answers:
    Most of it has to do with size. Most people tweet out many things every day vs. a daily facebook update. Also people who are on facebook tend to share you stuff on other website, blogs, social networks etc. Twitter is casual, where facebook is more business.

OfficialRTS, Apr 27, 2013 IP
  11. kvseaton733

kvseaton733 Active Member

Best Answers:

I am not sure if I agree with that statement because on twitter you can have your content re tweeted by other users... Yes you will not be able to do a direct share, however if you have good content on twitter you will have people sharing it naturally for you!

kvseaton733, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  12. boyuancy

boyuancy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I recently got this info from a book (SEO 2013). This is why:

http://www.searchmetrics.com/en/white-paper/google-ranking-factors-us-2012/

boyuancy, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  13. meteor

meteor Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook has been an excellent source to get traffic on your website. You can join pages and groups which are according to your demands. You can share your pages or posts on that groups which are active. There are many groups which allows social sharing of each other posts. Facebook shares are really valuable as they can increase social signals for your website. You can also share your URL of your website on Facebook pages.

Twitter is one of the most used Social Network in USA and there are millions of users who are using twitter for business and getting back links. Twitter has been a great source of back links and I think that twitter share is considered as a back link. If you share your website on twitter then I think it is considered as a back link for your website. If you have more tweets there are more chances that you can get the twitter traffic. The best thing is that that you can tweet about trending topics and then tweet about them and include your link in it. It can give you a lot of traffic. Interact with people and get to know each other can also increase your brand value. You can build twitter followers once you have good profile build up there.

meteor, May 1, 2013 IP
  14. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can reach a whole lots of people on FB as opposed to twitter which is more target-oriented.

webcosmo, May 2, 2013 IP
  15. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook is better only because it has more users than Twitter. It's much easier to find groups and connect with them in Facebook, than in Twitter.

Have a good day!

affilorama, May 3, 2013 IP
  16. emersonkelly

emersonkelly Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Because Facebook sharing and likes are directly co-related with ranking,thereby quality back links get back to your site.

emersonkelly, May 3, 2013 IP