1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What do you think of DP's pricing for designs?

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by rolodex, Mar 30, 2013.

Dear all DP members.

I have to say this. Design works in this forum are priced ridiculously. Not only for logo, but others as well. It is way below market price.

Not only way below, its killing. Maybe some of you are doing this as a profitable hobby so you wouldn't mind a bit, but we as designers should stand tall and firm to let the clients know that our creativity isn't that cheap.

For those who are willing to do it for $5, are you serious? You are killing your fellowship as well. Yeah, maybe there are other forums like this offering higher prices, but before I jump, I would really love to spread this thing out first.

A sensible pricing (at minimum) in my opinion is this — mind you, this is cheap enough;
    1. $50 and above for logos.
    2. $20 to $100 for artworks and branding.
    3. $150 and above for web design (HTML & CSS only).
    4. $10 and above for other minor graphical works.
    And maybe DP should set some ethics & rules to our clients so that the contest is treated fairly. Plagiarism is everywhere. Here's my take;
    • No specific feedback. Contestants should try harder.
    • Clients should lock thread after closing date.
    • Option to blind entries.
    • and more....
    Hopefully DP admin will read this and in the meantime, you got some penny to share?

rolodex, Mar 30, 2013 IP
  2. rolodex

rolodex Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's funny. You're like a robot. Every post is the same.

rolodex, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  3. lanotdesign

lanotdesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yup, that price range is the most affordable a designer can offer. anything lower, I'm pretty sure, is designed poorly.

lanotdesign, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  4. claw_studios

claw_studios Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, people will do anything for free anymore and it's ruining the traditional design.

Then again that's what separates the designers from the clip art warriors.

claw_studios, Apr 19, 2013 IP
  5. rolodex

rolodex Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Clipart warriors? They're old school man. Let's go into the warzone. Come join the troops. What say you?
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/82-jewellery-logo.2651916

rolodex, Apr 19, 2013 IP
  6. advantage

advantage Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've been having trouble getting in touch with some great designers that I like to work with here on Digital Point so I went to the contests section to find a new one... What the heck happened? The prices people are offering have dropped drastically just since late 2012... It's a shame.. Where did all the uber talented contest entering graphic artists go now?

advantage, May 15, 2013 IP