1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Professional website?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by chrisf3421, Apr 17, 2013.

What skills do you need to know to make a professional website? I know an alright amount of HTML and CSS. What do I need to know to make a professional looking website that I could build for someone that I can profit off of? I feel like you cant make that kind of site with just HTML and CSS? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

chrisf3421, Apr 17, 2013 IP
  2. Webrobust

Webrobust Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Look, knowledge has no limits and boundaries..still if you want to work with professionalism and good looking websites...u definitely have to think about graphics..Try to have some knowledge on photoshop and illustrator..it will help u more..combination of graphics and coding will enhance your quality of work...hope my answer will help u a bit..

Webrobust, Apr 17, 2013 IP
  3. Mrelipz

Mrelipz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Agree with Webrobust but it depend on the site or business that what type of site you gonna launch.

Mrelipz, Apr 17, 2013 IP
  4. chrisf3421

chrisf3421 Member

Best Answers:
    That did help thanks. What Im saying is, is there another coding language I need to know besides html and css? Like any professional site? How do I combine the graphics and the html and css and all that together? Sorry I have a lot of questions but I'm really looking to make money online. So I figured developing websites for people could be a good way to do so.

chrisf3421, Apr 17, 2013 IP
  5. karthick9

karthick9 Member

Best Answers:
    Html and CSS are enough for designing purpose but for responsive and dynamic website you want to know any programming language and also knowledge in database languages to built dynamic websites.

karthick9, Apr 17, 2013 IP
  6. themes4all

themes4all Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For 2013 and up think about responsive design, Clean and Clear with Fresh Style, Friendly Navigation Menu! This is a professional Website... Then try to learn about PHP also... that will help you for dynamic websites!

themes4all, Apr 18, 2013 IP
  7. goldenprince000

goldenprince000 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    With PROFESSIONAL WEBSITES, you mean responsive websites?
    To make it short, you need to know php and javascript basics to incorporate responsive functions which gives your website, a real professional look.
    Apart from that, if you want to master WORDPRESS platform, then learning SQL is a good idea.

You can learn PHP, JAVASCRIPT and SQL from w3schools.com easily.

goldenprince000, Apr 21, 2013 IP
  8. rypher21

rypher21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Learn JAVASCRIPT, JQUERY (especially this for the modernity of your work), ASP.NET and master HTML5 and CSS3. You also need to be up-to-date about everything that will matter in the online world.

rypher21, Apr 21, 2013 IP
  9. duckz

duckz Active Member

Best Answers:
    in today technology, PHP (or Ruby / python / perl) is needed for most websites and to speed up development, professional developer usually use CMS (joomla, drupal, wp or other) up to PHP Frameworks when developing a website.

duckz, Apr 24, 2013 IP
  10. infoway111

infoway111 Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, certainly I agree with the points above. You can go for PHP - easy, simple yet very effective and demanding language in today's market especially if you are going to make money online.
    Learn PHP frameworks like : CakePHP, CodeIgniter, YII etc. if you are very serious to build a professional websites.
    In fact you definitely need to learn CMS like WordPress( if you want to make blog websites ), Drupal, Joomla, Magento ( ecommerce websites ) etc.

infoway111, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  11. a1brandz

a1brandz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree just HTML and CSS won't do much as these are helpful in designing but to make a full functional website one must have good command over any programming languages like .net, php, java etc.

a1brandz, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  12. Del Kirk

Del Kirk Member

Best Answers:
    Design wise, spend time looking through CSS award sites and draw inspiration and as most people say responsive is the way forward.

Del Kirk, May 2, 2013 IP