1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dirty Greedy Evil Google!

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by canaryspace, Apr 16, 2013.

Google´s motto, when they were first launched, was "Dont be evil".

Far as I am concerned, with all my dealings with Google over the last 7 years, they have used and abused every SEO company, every small business, every single person trying to make a living and given all our hard work, that built Google, to the rich!

Anyone agree with me?

Read this http://googlegreed.wordpress.com/evil-greedy-google/

It is a blog I wrote that will explain a little bit about how Google operates.

I think it is time to switch our homepage to Bing or something else!

canaryspace, Apr 16, 2013 IP
  2. Numenorean7

Numenorean7 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I doubt at first, but I have to agree with many things you're saying.

I reminds me of every time I search for "UVNC" on Google. The first thing that comes up up is a nice, almost undistinguishable TeamViewer ad titled "VNC Remote Control - TeamViewer.com"

I agree that TeamViewer are paying for having their ads there. Is it a good thing though? The same goes for any other ads presented (read forced) to you in a similar fashion.

Numenorean7, Apr 16, 2013 IP
  3. SamWylde

SamWylde Member

Best Answers:
    I've already switched back to Bing for my searches.

SamWylde, Apr 17, 2013 IP
  4. Mehwish Naqvi

Mehwish Naqvi Member

Best Answers:
    Nice article dear, thanks for providing this information, by the way i have already setup my own website as home page :p

Mehwish Naqvi, Apr 17, 2013 IP
  5. OSSEO

OSSEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with @Numenorean7 . same issue with me when we search hosted zimbra on Google.com.au our website was on top after sometime our competitor advertise on search engine then now there is only advertiser paid & free link on first page .

OSSEO, Apr 18, 2013 IP
  6. patriciaaj

patriciaaj Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I couldn't agree more. There are destroying small business by releasing their stupid updates.

patriciaaj, Apr 18, 2013 IP
  7. Pricerr

Pricerr Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, finally someone writing about this issue. Btw Google owe me over $120

Pricerr, Apr 25, 2013 IP
  8. proseowriter

proseowriter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    When there is only one authority around, there is a tendency to abuse power. You can see this among countries, judiciary, businesses and even sportsmen.

As far as I can see, Google do not have a competition (significant one to be precise) and as long as things stay this way, why would they bother? I believe SEO companies around the world should promote the usage of other search engines (in-site custom searches etc) to cut down on the Google use as much as possible.

proseowriter, Apr 25, 2013 IP
  9. Shelterman

Shelterman Member

Best Answers:
    While https://www.startpage.com/ doesn't address what Google is doing to everyone's SEO efforts because they still use Google's search engine, they are a great search tool to use if you are concerned about your privacy while doing searches. They remove all identifying information from your query then submit it anonymously to Google themselves, get the results and return them to you in total privacy. Your IP address is never recorded, your visit is not logged, and no tracking cookies are placed on your browser. I often do research on topics that might raise eyebrows at the NSA, so often use them.

Like proseowriter says, Google has no true competition and they definitely have succumbed to the temptation to abuse their power...I don't trust them.

Shelterman, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  10. passionate_rohan

passionate_rohan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hahaha...Nice article...

Truly agree with the Google's greed you discussed, but you didn't forget to advertise your search-engine at the last. You are criticizing Google for paid results, but even your search engine does the same.

Using Bing is fine but you advertised your SE and I searched for Joomla and Wordpress on it. Sorry to say but the official sites were not even listed on page-1. All I can see are the sites like theme/plugin/service providers which is no less than displaying paid result. At least I get the genuine/good quality information when I search Google. I know your SE might not be a big player, but it is too low in quality which makes it far from usable.

In true meaning your SE serves the same greed as Google does.

Yes, Bing is a good alternate.

passionate_rohan, May 1, 2013 IP
  11. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Only problem being is Bing is a bigger heap of crap than Google...

Revelations-Decoder, May 1, 2013 IP