1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are blogs still profitable?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Xnefoo, Apr 14, 2013.

Hello, i am wondering if blogs/news sites are still profitable. I am asking because there are so many out there.

Ex) http://sourcefednews.com/

Thanks!

Xnefoo, Apr 14, 2013 IP
  2. restyfree

restyfree Member

Best Answers:
    I would say they are. However, you have to find a niche and know that niche. Become an expert in the niche.

It seems that everyone is jumping on the content creation/blog/niche website bandwagon and what will differentiate one web site from another is the quality of the content. Whether this be more up to date, controversial, humorous or helpful.

It is definitely getting more difficult to run these type of websites, but by building a good reputation through quality content and effective promotion they can still be profitable.

restyfree, Apr 16, 2013 IP
  3. MistaOptimiza

MistaOptimiza Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I partially agree. Making money through blogging is still possible, I wouldn't say it's getting increasingly hard but rather increasingly time consuming (more input = more output) .

"Beginner" bloggers should focus on acquiring visitors / creating a community first before monetizing their site. Many plaster their blog with too many banners, etc. which scares away users.

Find different monetization possibilites, choose the one(s) that works for you. There are great articles out there which show you various options.

MistaOptimiza, Apr 17, 2013 IP
  4. traxport121

traxport121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes Blogs are still profitable and its not a matter of 'time'.
    The competition has increased manifold than before and that requires more hardwork, more focus, selection of a good niche and other SEO and social networking factors.

traxport121, Apr 18, 2013 IP
  5. nvidura

nvidura Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Blogs are very profitable when monetized with AdSense. Specially when you have over 1000 readers/day. I know 2 bloggers who maintain 2 gossip blogs and makes over $5000 month...

nvidura, May 5, 2013 IP
  6. Supriyo

Supriyo Member

Best Answers:
    Answer to your question is yes and no. Yes because if you apply strategies effectively, you can make money. No because applying those strategies is an uncharted territory. In other words, there's no easy way to make money out of blogging. You have to work really hard before you can earn something. Because it's so time-consuming and unpredictable, many lose interest in the middle and leave.

Supriyo, May 6, 2013 IP
  7. BlogmasterME

BlogmasterME Member

Best Answers:
    I started a blog with having monetization in mind, but I don't expect it to have any earnings in the first few months. I'm writing a post every day or two, and I feel good while doing so ...

It's hard to predict the amount of money you can be earning, but everything on paper and evaluate how much of your time are you dedicating to your blog. You cannot expect things to happen all by themselves.

BlogmasterME, May 10, 2013 IP
  8. Supriyo

Supriyo Member

Best Answers:
    What is your blog's niche? Have you applied for Adsense?

Supriyo, May 10, 2013 IP
  9. BusinessSpy

BusinessSpy Active Member

Best Answers:

I'd like this post from restyfree. If you're going to earn by blogs, you really have to be unique and interesting to others. Why!?

Every day internet world is getting new websites, blogs, portals, forums etc. You really have to work hard if you want to show yourself in front of others.

BusinessSpy, May 10, 2013 IP
  10. BlogmasterME

BlogmasterME Member

Best Answers:

Yeah, I am already a member of AdSense. The niche is content creation and motivational stuff mostly ...

BlogmasterME, May 11, 2013 IP
  11. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Blogs are still wildly profitable. But there are many competing blogs now, as you said. So your success will come down to one major factor...your marketing skills! Learn to become a master marketer and you'll have all the success you want! Good luck :)

ninjamtlt1, May 13, 2013 IP
  12. Deceneu

Deceneu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Blogs are profitable if you know how to drive traffic to them and monetize them. Also you could also create a list of subscribers (the money is in the list)

Deceneu, Jun 7, 2013 IP
  13. gkd_uk

gkd_uk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    • Continue to create fresh content
    • Blog about what interests you
    • Offer banner ads related to your niche (sponsorship)
    • Join forums which discuss your niche
    • Add adsense but don't go over the top else your site will look spammy
    • Add a subscription box to site to allow visitors to sign up to new posts
    • Reply to comments left by visitors
    • Don't give up
    A good start to making money from a blog :)

gkd_uk, Jun 7, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  14. nermeen

nermeen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I Think blogging it is really getting harder, competition is fierce and that is making it harder. I do agree you either need more time or you need to spend more money.

nermeen, Jun 29, 2013 IP
  15. Snoopy240

Snoopy240 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    they are! and BLOGGING is actually trending up between internet marketers.

A blog is the heart of any business today. More and more offline and online businesses are now creating their own company blogs.

Blogging to earn money online is just getting started online in my opinion. I know there has been so many bloggers trying to succeed for years and according to one source, there are more than 164 million blogs online!

And most of them get less than 1k visitors a month and most of them are left out to wonder around the internet because the owner quit. And this happens a lot when blogger do not see the results they want to see when they want to see them.

If you asked me; about 164 million blogs on the internet where there is about 2 billion user is pretty miniscule! How many millions are in one billion? lol

And remember that only about half of those blogs are actually successful.

Do you see how blogging is only getting started?

I also do not believe in COMPETITION. To me, competition actually means GOOD. Because if there is competition on something is because it is working right?

If there was no competition then what would be the point on going after something no one really cares about because if they did then there would be competition. Get it?

Blogging is the best way to generate leads and sales online and on autopilot thanks to the search engines!

Blogging is the best thing that happened to you -just think about it that way!

Just keep at it and soon enough you will get the results that you want! ;)

Hope this helps!

Snoopy240, Jun 29, 2013 IP
  16. happywilly

happywilly Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Blogging I feel is one of the best ways to make an income online...as they say above you should choose your passion to blog about.
    Literally, blog about anything you want and the number one rule is:

Quality is king.

Give something of value, be it a product or just a helpful tip or information.

If you don't know where to begin just take a look at my blog

www.makemoneyfromnohome.com

My blog is about how to create an income and the life you want from blogging and various other forms of marketing.

Take care and good luck.

happywilly, Jul 1, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  17. karmaseo

karmaseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Still and more growing up

karmaseo, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  18. Mpower

Mpower Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes Blogs can be very profitable especially if you are making money for selling the blog platform at 100% commissions. This opportunity can change your life and give you financial freedom from the comfort of your home. www.whatdoesthatguydo.com

Mpower, Jul 25, 2013 IP