1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does SEO still exist?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Blogmaster, Apr 16, 2013.

Unfortunately, most of the "SEO" advice I see is spammy and "cheap".
    Build links, article submissions etc. is not something I would recommend basing your future success on.

Some of what can be done on site which is likely to boost your site in the search engines, is what should have been done right in the first place.

This article has spelled it out well and I recommend that everyone reads this in order to separate real SEO from the types of services which will carry a higher chance of getting your website penalized than actually benefiting you traffic wise:

Article source: What an SEO Expert Does

Blogmaster, Apr 16, 2013 IP
  2. dennisb

dennisb Member

Best Answers:
    Of course there is still SEO.

Onpage SEO is these days more often a standard on (new) websites. So on that point there is not much to do at onsite optimizing, content only for maximum conversion. How ever offsite there is still plenty to do, but what you describe are purely blackhat techniques.

SEO is a short for SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION and that will always exists! Simply because there is always something to improve.

I think you can state that SEO has changed a lot during time, but what didnt changed a lot? Take a look at the possibilities with HTML, CSS and JS these days.

dennisb, Apr 16, 2013 IP
  3. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's true most people talk nonsense.

Example to throw in off the top of my head "stop words"

Blah blah bull > Google don't use stop words

Good SEO is here to stay as long as people still use words to find things though....

Bad SEO is here to stay also sadly but hopefully (and increasingly) further down below the top 100 results

Revelations-Decoder, Apr 16, 2013 IP
  4. stephenj141

stephenj141 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    SEO is continual process and always being exist but impact of SEO is quite less in these days. SMO techniques gives good result than SEO.

stephenj141, Apr 16, 2013 IP
  5. dennisb

dennisb Member

Best Answers:

Of course there are people talking nonsense about the subject. But don't forget that you see that also on other popular and complex subjects. People like to talk as if they know where they are talking about, then you have another kind of people who like to repeat what others say. But you can say the same about people who ask questions. Mostly they think to complex as: can I outrank a GOV domain? Or one my nameservers is down, my website is still working okay does this effect my SERP listing?

There for you should never trust an opinion about a matter blindly. Do always some research at your own and use some common sense (logic).

dennisb, Apr 16, 2013 IP
  6. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Since Google still counts backlinks under webmaster tools and offers other onsite related intel, I say SEO still exists

sultanofseo, Apr 16, 2013 IP
  7. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    It doesn't mean the backlinks shown impact your site's rankings.

Blogmaster, Apr 17, 2013 IP
  8. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There is SEO, but it`s commonly mistaken by spamming and other quick "fixes". Real SEO is doing it right from the beginning, providing quality to the consumer.

webcosmo, Apr 17, 2013 IP
  9. peter onine

peter onine Member

Best Answers:
    seo will never die as long as the search engine still exist, you have to do it the right way,if you want to see result

peter onine, Apr 17, 2013 IP
  10. afoley77

afoley77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing such a blog with DP members . It will help all of us to keep away from hiring wrong seo services..

afoley77, Apr 17, 2013 IP
  11. martinjohn337

martinjohn337 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes of course seo will be exist no doubt.

martinjohn337, Apr 17, 2013 IP
  12. karthick9

karthick9 Member

Best Answers:
    Yes i to agree your thought that SEO would never die till search engines exist. But the thing is what we are doing is more important our works should be more qualitative than quantitative.

karthick9, Apr 17, 2013 IP