1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Somebody clicks my ads many times. Will I be banned?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by japanworm, Apr 1, 2013.

Hello.

Obviously there's a person who tries to bring me down.
    This person already reported all of my comments in a community and my account was suspended (although the comments didn't violate any rules), but as this person obviously clicked on all of my comments, that's what happened.

Now, I realized that recently my CTR is EXTREMELY high. I can clearly see that someone is clicking on my ads very often.
    Of course I can't be 100% sure but it seems like whoever is doing it is trying to get my Adsense account banned next.
    I suppose it's a competitor in my blog niche.

Is there ANYTHING I can do to protect myself and my account?

japanworm, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  2. mcmuney

mcmuney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can block their IP address, disallowing them to visit your site and also notify the Adsense team in advance.

mcmuney, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  3. japanworm

japanworm Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't know how to find out their IP address, that's my problem.

japanworm, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  4. MiTk0o0o0

MiTk0o0o0 Member

Best Answers:
    I've had the same problem as you for atleast 2 days, my CTR went high, I got so much clicks but no revenue because of obviously them being false/invalid, I was suggested to quickly report here:
    http://support.google.com/adsense/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=ts.cs&ts=1190500&ctx=as2&rd=1
    that someone is trying to sabotage me.

I said I couldn't find the IP address of that person, etc and on the next day things quietened down, I never got a reply from the Adsense team to this day, but I believe they solved the problem.

MiTk0o0o0, Apr 3, 2013 IP
  5. japanworm

japanworm Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello.

I contacted them yesterday using that form for invalid clicks they offer.
    I haven't heard back from them. They state that they'll only answer if they consider it to be a real problem.

I'll have a close eye on it, but hopefully it'll be ok from now.

japanworm, Apr 3, 2013 IP
  6. xavianer

xavianer Active Member

Best Answers:
    try checking your Google Analytics if your adsense is connected with analytics.

http://support.google.com/adsense/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=74341

xavianer, Apr 7, 2013 IP
  7. japanworm

japanworm Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you. I think I'm doing it correclty already, but I'm checking one more time.
    Analytics doesn't allow the showing of users' IP addresses, so I guess I have no chance, but recently I haven't had any click bombing, so maybe it's ok now.

japanworm, Apr 7, 2013 IP
  8. ves

ves Member

Best Answers:
    Surely Adsense support is aware that competitors could click bomb another site - but I would say that you should alert them to the fact and raise this issue before they do.

ves, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  9. shteca

shteca Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your right, AdSence do have a way of telling when a site is being Click Bombed, but thats not to say they wont block your account. I think this is a real issue with AdSence, AdWords. So definitely call up Google and let them know whats going on. Tell them and maybe they will have a way of blocking IP addresses that click bomb. You could also try installing an IP address tracker to your site just to work out the IP address of this person, but I am sure there is a way to do this through Google Analytics...

shteca, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  10. japanworm

japanworm Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have contacted them, but never heard back, so I doubt they see any problem at the moment.

japanworm, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  11. nvidura

nvidura Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If those clicks were not made by you, or by someone known to you don't worry. You will only violate their TOS if you clicked your own ads. In most cases Google know who really made those clicks. You must not be the only one facing this prob.

nvidura, Apr 15, 2013 IP