1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where to get free Backlinks?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by bashishtha, Apr 10, 2013.

Hello DP lovers,
    Many of us are involved in Link building, either for their own website or other. Also many of us has got their secret Link building list. So can you share one or many places where you get free backlinks? It would be helpful for many of us I guess. I generally get free backlinks from Blog comments but I never spam the blog, I make a relevant comment and thus get approved. Now its your turn to share your secret if you got any... ;)

bashishtha, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  2. Atif123

Atif123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can get free back links from Blogs comments , directory submission, social media and Profile Links.

Atif123, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  3. bashishtha

bashishtha Member

Best Answers:

Ya those are few of the oldest options. I would like to add some new in this discussion. We can also use:
    1. PDF sharing sites
    2. Doc sharing sites
    3. Slide sharing sites
    4. Music sharing sites(I read about it somewhere, you will have to get a personal music of few seconds or minutes)
    5. Link exchange.
    6. Forum Signature
    etc.

I would like to invite other members for some new ideas that they are using, which can be helpful for everyone here.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
    bashishtha, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  4. Shawni

Shawni Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    User generated content on content sharing sites and social media are two ways that I use to get back links for free.

Shawni, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  5. Atif123

Atif123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Guest posting, blogs posting also use for Linking

Atif123, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  6. bashishtha

bashishtha Member

Best Answers:

Thank you MMA007 for adding this. Ofcourse they are one of the most legitimate method which can be used.

7. Shawni

Shawni Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You are absolutely right but in SEO I always look to trends and the trend nowadays is that people are much more involved in social media, Social plugins are commonly being used by people.

Shawni, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  8. bashishtha

bashishtha Member

Best Answers:

Ya trends show that people are involved in social media but when it comes to search engine ranking then social media is not the only way for link building. Social media is one of the best and easy way to get traffic but leaving it what other options can be explored?

9. Alok8978

Alok8978 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I like to get backlinks from profile and guest posting this two option is good to build backlinks for your website. SEO is changing continuously, so you have need to update with all latest trends and new changes.

Alok8978, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  10. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can get free backlinks by creating them manually, that is, do it yourself and not outsource to another individual or company. You can create backlinks through form/blog commenting, social media sites (when you share your content) and guest posting.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

affilorama, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  11. igoradiya

igoradiya Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    try to your content convert in audio file and share it audio sharing site its really good for bakclinks..

igoradiya, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  12. ralphanderson

ralphanderson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Social Bookmarking Submission, Directory submission, Article Posting, Blog posting, Blog commenting, Guest blogging, these are the great source for back link and traffic.

ralphanderson, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  13. sotirooov

sotirooov Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Check these http://mywebfind.org/page.php?name=freewebdirectorieslist ; www.squidoo.com/backlink-sites ; http://www.vmoptions.com/directory-list.php Regards

sotirooov, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  14. shteca

shteca Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can start building a few basic backlinks from social media sites like Facebook, through a business page. Google+ through a page and Twitter. These are the foundations. With regards to building backlinks, its not about quantity. Its about quality. Don't just spam 100 blogs/forum with the same copied text. This is completely pointless and will get you nowhere. You need to provide quality, unique content with any backlink. Focus on forums and blogs that are similar or have the same target audience and try help users out with real answers and content. By doing this, those backlinks should also generate traffic to your website which is what Google is looking for.
    Posting links with no content is exactly what Google are trying to avoid and can even peanalise your site if you do it too often.
    Try opening a blog for your website too. This is the easiest way to generate backlinks but must contain quality content. Hopefully if you have a good enough blog people should backlink to you, which is exactly what you want and should also transfer PR to your site.

shteca, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  15. bashishtha

bashishtha Member

Best Answers:
    WOW that was one serious reply. Thank you for giving so much ideas.
    It will help me a others a lot.

16. shteca

shteca Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are serious about SEO just concentrait on quality. This is what every search engine is screaming out to everyone. Just make good quality content and we will rank you. Don't worry about SEO!
    This is why I feel in some ways "SEO" is dead. Its not about tricking search engines anymore. Its about working with them to provide users with what they are looking for.

shteca, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  17. bashishtha

bashishtha Member

Best Answers:
    The only thing which is stopping me from liking your reply is "I am not established member".. :(
    I completely understand your point... :)

meholaman and HolyRoller like this.
  18. shteca

shteca Active Member

Best Answers:
    :) I am not an established user either :(
    I know the feeling...
    Hope it all helps...

shteca, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  19. Adegboye Adeniyi

Adegboye Adeniyi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I do not think SEO is dead. I think, Google is saying use SEO but give users quality content. If you create a page all for SEO alone,we won't take you too seriously.

Adegboye Adeniyi, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  20. bashishtha

bashishtha Member

Best Answers:

I also personally believe that SEO is not dead because. If we dont use SEO methods while developing a website then it will be take long time to appear in Search Engine Results.... Also if we don no linkbuilding the PR of the website will hardly increase.