1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does IP Address Matter in SEO????

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by solarbroker, Apr 8, 2013.

Hello guys i am facing one problem, can anyone please help me???? My friend is working with one project which is US based. But he is working from india and he is using "hidemypro" software for hiding indian ip and it shows US IP address. Some times his net does not work properly and he work with his original indian IP address. So IP address continuous fluctuate, sometimes US IP and sometimes Indian IP address.

So want to know that does it effect in site ranking or not?? And google consider it as a spammer???? Please give me genuine reply. i need your suggestion please.

solarbroker, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  2. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    IP matters only in terms of geographic location i.e your application/website hosted location. No matter from where you work, it doesn't matter at all.

From SEO perspective, site hosted in US will rank well in google.com, and site hosted in UK will rank well in google.uk

MilesWeb, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  3. julianm

julianm Member

Best Answers:
    I think this may be a problem only if your website's IP address changes, especially to different countries. This will confuse Google as to which locale you're most relevant to. But your friend's own IP shouldn't have any impact on the website ranking itself.

julianm, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  4. MayurKawale

MayurKawale Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are talking about class-c ips, it will definitely affect to your ranking.

MayurKawale, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  5. solarbroker

solarbroker Greenhorn

Best Answers:

i am talking about real IP address. for example you can easily identify your geographical location by entering IP address in google.

solarbroker, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  6. MayurKawale

MayurKawale Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ok.your geographical IP should not have any impact on website ranking.

MayurKawale, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  7. solarbroker

solarbroker Greenhorn

Best Answers:

Why geographical IP should not have any impact on website ranking????? and if not then how??? please give me proper reason for that.

solarbroker, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  8. JiniOnline

JiniOnline Member

Best Answers:
    You are working on promotional work for the USA based website form India by using proxy server, correct?
    Yes, this effects in SERP because you can't get actual visitors from USA if you work from India IP. So, the solution is to use a premium service like paid proxy server or Virtual Box.

JiniOnline, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  9. TestingWhiz1

TestingWhiz1 Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely IP matters a lot in SEO specially in forum commenting. If you are commenting many times on a same forum topic with different id but from same IP then it may be declared as spam.

TestingWhiz1, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  10. Naughty-Pages

Naughty-Pages Active Member

Best Answers:
    if you have 100 links coming from 100 different class C's, it would most definitely be better than 100 links coming from just one C.

Naughty-Pages, Apr 10, 2013 IP
    AnimeFevers likes this.
  11. Flight-Shot

Flight-Shot Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    So according to your post, the site's IP changes erratically from a US-based to an India-based. Here's what I experienced:
    I had a client that was on a VPS with a dedicated IP. He moved to a cloud-based hosting plan. Cloud-hosted sites can change IPs frequently, and his did. And his site tanked. We put him back on a dedicated IP, and he recovered in a week. That was 18 months ago, so shifting IPs were a red-flag then.
    Today, there are so many cloud-based hosting options I would hope that it's less of an issue. But, in my opinion, a site that shifts IPs across different countries is definitely a problem.

Flight-Shot, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  12. solarbroker

solarbroker Greenhorn

Best Answers:

Yup this software is premium version and it provides me different IP addresses from proxy server.

solarbroker, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  13. Devprakash

Devprakash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well! IP address is not an issue. If your website is good than no-one can stop you.

Devprakash, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  14. JiniOnline

JiniOnline Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, Mr. Cutt is speaking about the IP address of the website not for those IP address from which the website is getting traffic and back links. For these off-page work, you should take care of this.

JiniOnline, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  15. scholarsjunction

scholarsjunction Member

Best Answers:
    It doesn't matter that from where you are working. If you are doing work in proper way then there is no need to think about IP address.

scholarsjunction, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  16. Montreal Classifieds

Montreal Classifieds Active Member

Best Answers:
    Some saying it is important to get links from different class C IPs. And some saying not really. Many sites are on shared hosting and it is possible to get real natural links from same class IP. Some offer SEO hosting giving differeen class C IPs to your sites.
    Whatever answer you get is 100% speculations, unless you got it from Google developer(s) dealing with this part of their alg.

Montreal Classifieds, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  17. Chander Kant Arya

Chander Kant Arya Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, IP Address has main roll in visit count in SEO because in 1visit count from 1 IP address.

Chander Arya
    http://www.greenbanana.co/

Chander Kant Arya, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  18. jackPeterson

jackPeterson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes IP Address effected on off-page working.

jackPeterson, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  19. JiniOnline

JiniOnline Member

Best Answers:
    Working location is very much important because in almost all online businesses, you target for a specific location.

JiniOnline, Apr 16, 2013 IP
  20. stephenj141

stephenj141 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes there are many IP address counted as a spam IP just because of some spam promotion done from that IP address on forums and other website. So if you posted from those IP address then some forum don't allow you to post or register.

stephenj141, Apr 16, 2013 IP