1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Guns Kill People! ?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nicholas Pope, Apr 8, 2013.

Recently I herd that guns kill people so I decided to run an experiment, at the beginning of the day I fully loaded my shotgun and sat it on the porch overlooking the road, I placed it in a wheel chair for mobility.

Now over the course of the day a couple hundred cars stopped at the stop sign across the street, 5 or 6 children got picked up by their school bus, the mail man delivered my mail, the milk man delivered my milk, a young man picked up is girlfriend across the street, basically my shotgun had a lot of opportunities.

So this is my conclusion, either a lot of people are wrong about guns, or I have the laziest gun in the world.

Now I'm off to check my spoons in the kitchen because I hear they make people fat.

Nicholas Pope, Apr 8, 2013 IP
    dayvo, cujo, Helvetii and 4 others like this.
  2. datawiz

datawiz Peon

Best Answers:
    hahaha, well said and a sucessful experiment i should say

datawiz, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  3. Nicholas Pope

Nicholas Pope Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yea I was hoping it would give people a laugh with all the crap about guns killing people when really its the people that have guns that shouldn't, I think every one is entitled to a defensive weapon, although they only believe that in the USA here in New Zealand we are not allowed to carry guns with us, our Police do not even carry fire arms unless the call out is fire arm related then they stop around the corner equip there guns from the boot of their car then attend the call out. Also in New Zealand if we have had any violence or drug charge we would not be allowed a gun licence, we can apply 10 years after the original conviction but chances are slim.

Nicholas Pope, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  4. datawiz

datawiz Peon

Best Answers:

I can see your point and totally agree. Personally I think all firearm applicants should be screen as if taking a pilot exam (without exceptions) and thus making them realise that the weight of the responsibility should not be taken lightly.

datawiz, Apr 8, 2013 IP
    echo_unlimited and Nicholas Pope like this.
  5. SEO Link Manager

SEO Link Manager Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice experiment dude !!!

The real fact is - guns never kill any people...but people kill themselves.

People will take decision how to use GUN and for which purpose - kill to others people or for protection only.

SEO Link Manager, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  6. black_paranoid

black_paranoid Member

Best Answers:

Wow great :confused:, that's why your country is prosperous. In my country you can have it in Black Market, gangster, robber, rapist will carry a gun to do their "job" and the most ridiculous thing is you can see teenager carry a gun just because his/her father from military or police. Recently there were people from the military, attacked the jail and killed some prisoners... :oops:

black_paranoid, Apr 10, 2013 IP
    hueyramone likes this.
  7. Nicholas Pope

Best Answers:

Thats messed up man...

Nicholas Pope, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  8. black_paranoid

black_paranoid Member

Best Answers:
    Indeed, hopefully someday my country will be prosperous as your country, New Zealand.

black_paranoid, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  9. hueyramone

hueyramone Active Member

Best Answers:
    its sounds terrible...... :confused:

hueyramone, Apr 19, 2013 IP
  10. shashibca8

shashibca8 Member

Best Answers:

Hahahhahahahah wow great explanation about the gun

shashibca8, Apr 19, 2013 IP
  11. Oldone3pp

Oldone3pp Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Could not agree more, we all or we all should know its the nut behind the butt
    A gun, firearm is a tool that is used by people for many things, but on its own it cannot function, therefore its as useless as a spanner or a hammer until someone picks it up and uses it.

Oldone3pp, Apr 21, 2013 IP
  12. Nicholas Pope

Best Answers:
    Thought these might be worth a laugh...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nicholas Pope, Apr 21, 2013 IP
  13. Alan Gray

Alan Gray Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed bro I dont like guns atol

Alan Gray, Apr 24, 2013 IP
  14. Callaway1

Callaway1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree. My AR is sitting in the closet. It has never shot anything without me. I go on vacation and it stays home.
    Another thing to consider. Only 468 people died with AR platform firearms in I think 2011. 6,000+ were killed with hammers. Hmmm?

Callaway1, Apr 24, 2013 IP
    Nicholas Pope likes this.
  15. Nicholas Pope

Best Answers:

Really if that is true maybe the US should bring in stricter hammer laws...lol

Nicholas Pope, Apr 24, 2013 IP
  16. Callaway1

Callaway1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Believe it or not that is true. Just google causes of death. Hammers and Knives accounted for more than firearms.

17. Nicholas Pope

Best Answers:
    Yea I believe you, thanks for your input here, I think the firearm laws are ridiculous and I think everyone should have a right to defend them selves...

ryan_uk likes this.
  18. Callaway1

Callaway1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe off topic a bit, but I think if they would just require firearms training before you can conceal carry it would prevent a lot of unwanted deaths with firearms. In the statistics, accidental discharge was quite high. If everyone that want a pistol had the training they would know how to carry the gun, when they can carry, and know the laws and penalties of their actions. Just a thought. I have plenty of firearms, pistols and rifles and am an avid hunter. I went thru training because it made me feel more prepared. Plus I didn't want to be a casualty.

19. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely. They are truly pathetic in the UK. The only people with guns are the criminals. The laws are working great (!).

ryan_uk, Apr 24, 2013 IP
    Alex210 and Nicholas Pope like this.
  20. Nicholas Pope

Best Answers:
    Pretty much the same in NZ although firearms are not really used as much here but that could be just to the fact we only have a population of only 4.5 mil for the whole country so statistically we maybe just as bad, I am not a hundred percent sure but I know on our police programs they always raid drug houses that have unregistered firearms. For us to own a firearm in NZ we must do firearm training and have a criminal record free of dishonesty, violence and drug charges for at least 10 years, although if you have had any of those you are still unlikely to get a licence to own one.