1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Open links from frame in frame!

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by dafuqjoe, Apr 9, 2013.

Hey!

I got a frame.
    In this frame is an external website.
    I want that ALL links in the frame open in the same frame!
    I can't modify the external website.
    Currently only the links with no target-attribute open in the same window. How can I make sure every link has the target frame?

Thank you! :)

dafuqjoe, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    That's done on purpose -- letting you do that would fall into the category of "cross site exploits"; something that has been intentionally blocked due to abuse.

NOT that one should really be using frames in the first place anymore unless you're doing something hinky. This isn't 1997.

deathshadow, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  3. JackyS

JackyS Member

Best Answers:
    So now you have to find out the name of the frame you want the link to open in. In your index.html (or whatever page you are using to put your frames together) you should see something that looks like this (not exactly, but similar): So for example, I wanted my link to open up on the right.html frame. The name of this frame is rightside, so my target tag would be target="rightside". If I wanted my links to open up on the left.html frame, my target tag would look like this target="leftside". If your frame does not have a name, just place a name="?" within the frame code, replacing the ? with what you want to name the frame.

JackyS, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  4. dafuqjoe

dafuqjoe Member

Best Answers:
    I am not doing something hinky, just something special :)
    Well thanks you must be right. There is no way to change that. I even tried

<base target="frame">
    Code (markup):
    .... doesn't work!

Thanks anyway!

dafuqjoe, Apr 10, 2013 IP