1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Online Business Ideas

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ayan787, Apr 4, 2013.

Hello everyone, I am a freelancer and I am looking for few ideas about online business..I want to start a business online...I need to know which way is good and What type of business is good for a newcomer...I am thinking about blogging/creating a forum with some of my friends/creating any e-commerce site for selling stuff. Please give me some suggestion about it..Thanks in advance :)

ayan787, Apr 4, 2013 IP
  2. Jing_MorinHosting

Jing_MorinHosting Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    First to know your hobbies or your likes and wants that might be in demand or many got interested in. Then create something forum or a blog to expand your ideas and shared to others. Goodluck!

Jing_MorinHosting, Apr 4, 2013 IP
  3. BayCrazy

BayCrazy Member

Best Answers:
    I would say your safest bet to begin with is a resource of information.

You can begin building an information resource right away with very little design or coding experience, as long as you have knowledge to share which is valuable and can present it in a concise and interesting way - create a huge resource from which people can obtain a lot of help and value.

The main thing to focus on, no matter what kind of website or service you create, is value.

Ask yourself "does this really benefit people, would I use this?" unless the answer is yes, then why are you creating X, you need to create something which is of value to people.

Once you can do this, everything else will follow. Just focus on quality information.

BayCrazy, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  4. ayan787

ayan787 Greenhorn

Best Answers:

Thanks for your valuable advice but is it good if I create a blog on different topic??...It may give users little bit extra info in a single site....is it good for newbie if he/she joins amazon affiliate program and make a product selling site??

ayan787, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  5. BayCrazy

BayCrazy Member

Best Answers:
    What do you mean by 'create a blog on different topic'?

Do you mean, a blog that is about multiple things?

If that is what you mean... I would say... that's a lot harder to pull off.

The people who usually get somewhere are people who do a few things really well. If you are writing on a ton of different things... it'll be hard to maintain a memorable tone or focus and so it'll be the content equivalent of a bargain bin and not of 'amazing' use to fans of either of the niches...

You'll end up perhaps spreading yourself too thin...

But, there are multiple topics within topics, and so it doesn't have to be about ONE thing...

Take for example... a blog about Internet marketing...

Now, within Internet Marketing, you have so many sub-sectors and topics to veer off into such as:

- Content creation.
    - Web design.
    - Working from home, and the ups and downs of that.
    - Marketing a website.
    - Engaging people.
    - Testing and improving ideas.
    - General business.

And so on... but all those topics are under an umbrella topic, therefore of the same family and so your readership or demographic will likely enjoy reading about ALL of that...

Where as, if you had two topics of totally different worlds... such as movie reviews and SEO, it would be hard to make the blog feel truly engaging or special for either of these camps since they may be at odds with the other topic, and you'll end up creating a compromised, mixed vision...

I'm sure it could be done but don't underestimate the amount of work you'll need to put in. Writing can be hard work, especially if you plan on building a big blog.. you'll need to be posting at least a few articles a week, and that's hard enough on a single umbrella topic... and whilst it may deceptively sound easier to have more topics to choose from, I think you may end up feeling overloaded.

BayCrazy, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  6. rashida

rashida Active Member

Best Answers:
    Making Money with Ads is one of the best ways to earn more money online. Setting Up the Classifieds Ads Site is very simple & you need drive more visitors to your site so that you can earn more revenue.

rashida, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  7. MobileInternet

MobileInternet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Set up a membership site and drip feed content to your members for a monthly fee. Very easy to set up, just need to pick your niche...

MobileInternet, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  8. ayan787

ayan787 Greenhorn

Best Answers:

Yes, you are right !!! it will be a headache to handle everything but if I create sports & pc games blog together.. those who like might like pc games too(who like football, he/she likes FIFA pc game also)....It can be useful to engage the user for a little while...Thanks for seeing through all of difficulties...

ayan787, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  9. ayan787

ayan787 Greenhorn

Best Answers:

Making classifieds is very easy but driving traffic to the site is quite difficult...already lots of reliable site are available in the market....

ayan787, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  10. jjosephs

jjosephs Greenhorn

Best Answers:

you get less competition if you focus on a niche. i'm running one now for my small island and I think it has great potential.

jjosephs, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  11. Leo Martinez

Leo Martinez Peon

Best Answers:
    Read the book Millionaire Fastlane to get some juices flowing.

Leo Martinez, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  12. Maggie62

Maggie62 Peon

Best Answers:
    Beijing document translation service Enlish to Chinese, beijing Chinese translation company

Maggie62, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  13. Afrasiab

Afrasiab Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    E-commerce site is good option for you, but try to have a site about on which you have complete grip and also have interest. For blogging or forum implement this also. Interest and passion is most important.

Afrasiab, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  14. ayan787

ayan787 Greenhorn

Best Answers:

amazon affiliate or dropshipping is good for new users??

ayan787, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  15. MikeQ

MikeQ Member

Best Answers:
    As a freelancer, you can offer writing services and earn money as well, but always go according to your skills, it would help a lot.

MikeQ, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  16. gclunis

gclunis Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey Ayan :),

The first place I would suggest you start is in the education aspect of internet marketing :). Find some good books and ebooks that have a general outline of what is possible.

This will help you to start thinking about how you can build on those ideas and adapt them to your skills.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like a list of potential resources :)

Cheers,
    Gregg

gclunis, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  17. fileultra

fileultra Active Member

Best Answers:
    Monetizing forums is long painful and often impossible task

fileultra, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  18. gcgipson

gcgipson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Brainstorm. Force yourself to come up with 4 biz ideas a day and do not be judgmental of them. Eventually you will come up with something original. People are definitely not going to give out biz ideas for free
    , as most people are so guarded about their ideas that they actually get them patented.

gcgipson, Apr 11, 2013 IP