1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Same sex Marriage

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Emma Pollard, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

Beware Republicans are present and posting here. :rolleyes:

gworld, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  2. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Family photo?

Obamanation, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  3. globegenius

globegenius Active Member

Best Answers:
    Marriage is defined in the Bible as a union between a man and a woman. For the purpose of increased population and child rearing. Not to say same sex people can not do just a good of job of it. (or better) Why not try and go for civil union instead of what is written in the Bible? It has been around a lot longer than the mind set of the present generation. They even talk about perverse sexually activity and how a couple of cities were destroyed for it. Nothing new in that regard. Also how people engaged with it, scoff at any attempt to dis-credit it. I can understand people wanting equal and legal rights equality, but maybe come up with a new word for it. Maybe Harvard will add it to the new word list. They come out with one or two every year.

globegenius, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  4. Bushranger

Bushranger Notable Member

Best Answers:
    And here we go in circles, yet again. Marriage existed well before the bible. And again, the only argument put up is because it's infringing upon religious sensibilities.

I guess you do also support Allah's suicide bombers too then. It's being done to make God happy too, and, imho, is just as crazy. If you think about how many gays are commiting suicide simply because they're being treated as lepers by many then it probably IS just as deadly as the suicide bomber. Indeed numbers of gay suicides are likely much worse. But it's weeding out the weirdos so that's fine eh?

But why exactly? Why should religious sensibilities dictate what people can or can't do, especially by people who pick and choose which bible dictates they will follow?

This is ALL about homophobes using the bible as an excuse and followers not caring enough about the situation to find out for themselves, imho.

Try coming from an unbiased angle. Go to Google, type "gay marriage" and start on the scientific angle and all your gay-marriage concerns will be wiped away in a flash.

And yes, it's incredibly easy to spot the "wierdo" homophobes! :)

Bushranger, Apr 5, 2013 IP
    Emma Pollard likes this.
  5. globegenius

globegenius Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do not try and put words in my mouth like you do to so many others thanks. Have your life style, I do not much care. You calling me names shows how sensitive you are to it. I have my believes and I am entitled to them. End of story.

globegenius, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  6. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    One question, how about people who think bible is full of shit and don´t give a damn what bible says? Shouldn´t they have a voice in the society?

gworld, Apr 6, 2013 IP
  7. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:

I know you look older now but don´t you recognize the picture of you and your brother? ;):)

gworld, Apr 6, 2013 IP
  8. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:

It would be nice if one of those articles went deeper and analyzed 5 of those families' budgeting, cooking and shopping habits.
    How much in benefits have they received?
    Why are some families doing ok budgeting and food wise while others "cannot make it" when they received the exact same amount of cash and food stamps?

The organization cited in the article seems to focus on one aspect:

"I'm hoping to learn to cook with my children" ... there is this "hope" again. :rolleyes:

Maybe it's just me, but this mindset of "hoping to learn" is similar to "waiting for something good to happen" and then be disappointed when it doesn't.
    This type of attitude is very common amongst those who call themselves victims.
    Dropping this attitude first seems to be a must.

And then there is this:

World wastes half its food, study finds
    http://edition.cnn.com/2013/01/10/world/world-food-waste

What would be a better solution?

A) Increasing welfare benefits?

or

B) Sponsoring programs designed to teach welfare recipients to shop, budget and cook?

Those are skills you might consider common sense attributes everyone should have, but truth is that many don't.
    Would it be fair and reasonable to the tax payers to increase benefits to make up for the wasteful behavior of those already receiving assistance?

My personal guess would be no.

And in addition teaching people to manage their home lives better would probably increase their overall self esteem and give them a little bit of sense of empowerment.

Whenever you throw more money at those who waste it, chances are that the wasting will increase with the spending and the suffering of kids will continue.

If however you provide people with assistance to gain some basic survival skills, it usually changes the mindset in addition to increasing the quality of life without there being a need for children to worry about whether mommy thought ahead this months and filled the fridge with necessities.

You cannot make people want to do the right thing, but you can eliminate the nonsense by expecting a little bit more out of people.

So to get back on topic:

Raising the bar for parenting seems to be something to work on rather than saying that things are "just so screwed up" that it really doesn't matter where and how children without parents are placed these days.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
    Blogmaster, Apr 6, 2013 IP
  9. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    I did not call you names. You obviously ascribed my last line to yourself. My intention was to say how easy it is to spot the homophobes in general when you're doing your proper research. Who's the sensitive one here?

Bushranger, Apr 6, 2013 IP
  10. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That argument is a bit like saying it is better to beat your children than to murder them.

I'm sure there are quite a few people out there who never learned to wipe their own ass and are frequently sick as a result. Next we will have government sponsored programs to teach people how to wipe their ass properly, because their (single) parent didn't do it.

Consider this. These people are good fun to mock:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

They quite literally live in the past. No cars, no benefits of modern society, no Apple devices.

How many starving children do you think they have? Single mothers? How much in government benefits do you think they receive? The problems of unwed mothers are not something the government can fix with tax dollars or licensing. Communities that take care of their own is the only solution I've seen that works, and I'm not talking about any government(city,state, federal). People don't like to say it, but some portion of it has to do with shame.

Obamanation, Apr 6, 2013 IP
    Corwin likes this.
  11. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Probably so. But then there is no solution. Or the way things currently are is the solution.

12. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    I truly believe the child of a closed-minded bible-basher is in more danger of being fucked up than the child of an open-minded gay person. However i'm not pushing to stop the religious from becoming adoptive parents.

As I said earlier, at no stage does gay sex even come into it as most parents would never consider discussing their sex life with their kids, ever. So take the gay argument away. Now we simply have two people.

Let's start with it's a fact that no two people are the same.

Everybody is different. Every relationship is different. We have some straight men who act very femininely and other straight men who act very butch. We have some straight women who act very femininely and other straight women who act very butch. Gay people are exactly the same in this regard.

You and your partner are usually very different people in thought. You prefer coffee, she likes tea etc. You think children should be scolded for everything but your partner thinks they should be pampered. You believe in 7.30 bedtime but your partner does not. When you're not around the kids have no bedtime and get away with all sorts.

It boils down to, imho, you have 2 people with often opposing views deciding what is best for the child.

Bushranger, Apr 6, 2013 IP
  13. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Do you think those two people of the same sex can properly substitute what could be considered a replacement of the biological family they have never had? (A mom and a dad)

I am asking myself right now how at the age of 13 I would have felt growing up in a gay family. And my answer would be strictly and simply "No way".

So what kind of hypocrite would I be saying it is not an issue for children just because their moms may not be able to budget their food stamps properly.

I can tell you right now: I would have preferred to suffer from food shortage due to my own mom's ignorance rather than to be given to a "family" of two dads.

There is more to life than just provision. And if nature intended for two people of the same sex to procreate,

it would have made a way for that to happen naturally.

So let's get real for a minute and separate social disorders from biological difference without the need to make this a religious or political debate and look at what doctor nature prescribed to begin with.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  14. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:

Nobody denied the existence of homophobia and homophobics and that is the reason your posts are not based on logic and reason but on prejudice and fear that you might "caught" it or have to admit the tendencies that you try to hide which proves what I said all along. All your "concerns" about children is a smoke screen for your homophobia. ;):)

gworld, Apr 6, 2013 IP
    Bushranger likes this.
  15. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    Absolutely.

I presume you're talking decades ago, when times were completely different and it was against the law.
    People cop the same crap over marijuana prohibition. Many people look down at users and consider them sick. My own daughter won't hire a dope-smoker because she sees them all as losers.

One that changed his views because the logic made sense I guess instead of one that held on to the illogical biases of one's religious upbringing.

Now you're talking about your own mum and moving off the adopted child you could be. What about if you were kicked or bashed every other week?

And there's the crux, the silliest line you have written imho. This is what you're really harbouring inside you and it smacks of homophobia to me. Just read again how silly what you wrote actually sounds.

Who the hell made nature doctor and ruler over who you f*ck? At what stage is procreation any relevance to gay-marriage or gay adoption?

Are we even having the same conversation?

Bushranger, Apr 7, 2013 IP
  16. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    You have a wild imagination. You don't "catch homosexuality" neither am I saying that it is for anyone to point fingers and tell others how to live their lives.

What I am saying is respect children. And their needs for a female mother figure and a male father figure.

What you seem to be advocating here is a social experiment more or less.

And according to your "logic", orphans seem to be legitimate guinea pigs (as you have correctly stated, children are not able to decide for themselves), due to the fact that some mothers cannot take care of them properly.

Blogmaster, Apr 7, 2013 IP
  17. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    It has nothing to do with homophobia, even though this might be a perfect way to accuse someone hoping to look right based on trying to make the other person look guilty of something.

A boy in his puberty IMO is in very strong need of a male role model and a female guidance in order to find his way into the society that we live in.

And to me, two men or two women can only be considered substitutes for that.

18. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    That argument doesn't take into account the differences between every one of us. Puts all men and women into a box.

Any two men, not in a relationship, will handle every situation very differently. The same as any 2 women will. There is no "the man will teach footy" & "the woman will teach sewing" limitations on us anymore.

What makes you so rigidly think that only a man can think and act like a man, and vice-versa with women? Surely you know your wife, if you have one, is a totally different thinker than her sister, if she has one.

19. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    It has nothing to do with thinking and acting. Only a man can be a man and only a woman can be a woman biologically speaking.

20. Bushranger

Best Answers:
    And your biology dictates how you treat your child? Nothing to do with the upbringing, experiences and beliefs?

[added] Please consider, gay parenting itself is not at issue here because it's happening all over the place. Many kids of gay parent(s) do have both their biological parents on hand and they have an extra "mum" or "dad" to deal with, so in effect they have 3 parents altogether.

The debate here is really whether gays should be able to marry each other or be able to adopt a stranger's child as far as I am aware. You can never stop gays being parents as many homosexuals come out after the kids are born.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.