1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I *MUST* increase my income by $500 per month within 2 months

Discussion in 'General Business' started by aab1, Apr 5, 2013.

I currently run my own businesses and am in a situation where if my income doesn't increase by at least $500 per month within 2 months I'll have no choice but to go get a minimum wage job to make ends meet which will cause my business to fail even more.

I have 3 businesses at this time:

1. Braun CCR refill solution to refill Braun CCR self cleaning shaver cartridges for a fraction of the cost, this is my business that has the highest sales at the current time (though it keeps switching around from month to month). 99% of my sales come from my eBay listings with about 1% coming from my website www.ccrrefills.com

2. Auction Auto Bidder is a web based auction sniper service that places your eBay bids just seconds before auctions end, increasing your chances of winning while decreasing the winning bid amount. This is currently my 2nd most profitable business but often is the #1. I'd prefer this business to increase since it's almost 100% automated.

3. I sell health related books, some exposing pharmaceutical frauds and the benefits of healthy nutrition and some recipe books. These are by far my lowest selling products but the ones I think have the most potential. I currently sell these only through eBay listings.

What would you recommend I do to increase my sales by a minimum of $500 a month within 2 months? I've been trying to achieve this goal for months and nothing I've tried works.

Thanks

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
    aab1, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  2. jazzd1

jazzd1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey man, for starts, you should just focus only on one business until you get that going like you want (the one you're most passionate about)..Put as much time and effort in it as you can..For an example..If you're selling your Braun refill product on ebay, try posting it on other auction sites..As for your site, you need way more content..Write articles about what makes your product better and the benefits of using your product ect..Just work on your content first and then create backlinks by using bookmarks, social sites, 2.0 sites ect and make them all point towards your main site and also make sure you have the proper keywords..Lastly you also can test ppc but you have to be careful especially since you're on a shoe string buget..If you have to get a job, it's not the end of the world, you just have to do what you have to do..You can always work on your site outside of a job..

jazzd1, Apr 7, 2013 IP
  3. 3mints.info

3mints.info Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    almost how much do you earn monthly so far?

3mints.info, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  4. aab1

aab1 Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:

At this time it's around $2000 in sales per month but this can vary wildly from month to month or even from week to week. This is normally as low as sales get but they can rarely fall even lower. Currently It's about 60% from my braun refills, 30% from auction auto bidder, and 10% from the book.

Thanks

aab1, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  5. tomandre

tomandre Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey man,

I have no idea about your experience, or anything else. But I would consider joining a business opportunity with a good marketing system and proven traffic strategies. It has generated lots of money for complete newbies faster than anything.

If you want to know more, send me a PM.

Tom

tomandre, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  6. bluebenz

bluebenz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Aab,
    I am not sure about your Braun CCR refill, but is this a local business?
    If yes, you can pay on a local newspaper for ads, and also you can put free advertisement on the net like on usfreeads.com or usnetads.com. Find on google your local free ads..
    Regularly update or put another ads on that websites.

Not sure about Ebay auto bidder, so I can't give a suggestion on this.

Health e-book, where do you sell it ?
    A lot of forums provide sub forum for selling ebook.
    I am doing quick search on how to sell ebook :
    http://www.createmagazines.com/article-posts/tips-to-boost-ebook-sales/
    http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/sell-ebooks/
    http://www.ebooks.com/subjects/health-fitness/

Perhap need re-formating your ebook will help :
    http://www.inboundpro.net/how-to-write-ebooks-that-sell
    http://inkwelleditorial.com/how-to-make-a-lot-of-money-selling-ebooks-online
    http://alexisgrant.com/2012/10/17/6-tips-for-creating-and-selling-your-first-ebook/

do more research about selling ebook, because it can automated and less effor of marketing..
    just my 2 cents, and hope the best for you.. :)

bluebenz, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  7. MikeQ

MikeQ Member

Best Answers:
    Create blogs about your product, promote them, it would increase your earning too!

MikeQ, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  8. mrmax

mrmax Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    use facebook fanpages to promote your business. there are lots of facebook pages related to your business so you can leave lots of comments and get tons of visitors.

mrmax, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  9. coows

coows Active Member

Best Answers:
    The point is to save/earn money and not spend it. Where did you hear they were a good provider?

coows, Apr 17, 2013 IP
  10. goodbook

goodbook Member

Best Answers:
    Here's an option for your consideration. I will work as your consultant on a "payment upon completion" basis. This means that you will not have to pay me any fees until you make your $500 in the next month. I will analyze your businesses and come up with a working solution for you. If you decide to implement my proposition, and you achieve your goal, then you will pay me a consulting fee using the honors system (since I won't have any way to tell if you made more, I will trust you to pay me the amount we agree upon.) Because I am new to DP and because I don't yet have a business logo for my proposals/agreements, nor do I have a website yet, I will give you a very nice discounted rate.
    I think you have potential to achieve this goal and continue working for yourself successfully. If you don't want to go work a minimum wage, you have nothing to lose by signing on as my client.

goodbook, Apr 17, 2013 IP
  11. BGHoag

BGHoag Member

Best Answers:
    It's worth remembering Pareto's Law which says, in a nutshell, that 80% of your output comes from 20% of your input.

That means that in your businesses, you are getting 80% (and probably more than that) from 20% of your customers.

So, give those 20% your time and attention. You stand to gain more from them than all of the rest of your customers combined.

BGHoag, Apr 18, 2013 IP
  12. gkuang2

gkuang2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I completely agree with what everyone else is saying. I would stick with one business at a time, doing one is hard enough let alone 3. I could recommend you either get some SEO or SMO done on your site. Paying for ads could be expensive. PM me i got some great service for SMO and SEO for cheap, but you can try traffic exchange to promote your business. I don't know how well this works but its completely free. You would need a good landing page for traffic exchange because you need to quickly get the attention of the visitor or else they would leave your site immediately. I have used easyhits4u before. Once again i recommend getting SEO done, but you can try traffic exchange as well. Hopes this helps. Good Luck!

gkuang2, Apr 18, 2013 IP
  13. Webdesignerfaith

Webdesignerfaith Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Goodness, you seem to be a very determined person but probably you are slaving around by selling things that produce very small commissions. I'd hire you straight away lol

Maybe you should sell stuff with monthly recurring commissions so you don't need to work so hard every day.

Webdesignerfaith, Apr 19, 2013 IP
  14. msvwealth

msvwealth Peon

Best Answers:
    Writing articles for Constant Content
    Promoting Clickbank products. CBEngine is a good research tool.
    Find postings on Warriorforum that tell products with really high commissions.
    Do gigs on Fiverr
    Look for Clickbank products on CBEngine, and promote them till you get sales
    Do crafts and sell them on Etsy, Artfire, Zibbet
    Sell on Cafepress
    Make a Kindle ebook that sells for 99 cents or is free, and have links to a website in it that has your affiliate ads
    Be a web hosting affiliate for popular web hosting companies

msvwealth, Apr 23, 2013 IP
  15. msvwealth

msvwealth Peon

Best Answers:
    Search online for programs that offer recurring commissions. I second that. Facebook Fan Pages can offer ways to promote your business and products and get your links in front of people.

msvwealth, Apr 23, 2013 IP
  16. Caden

Caden Member

Best Answers:
    Are you doing offline promotion? It sounds like you have all web businesses.

Caden, Apr 23, 2013 IP
  17. gummybear

gummybear Member

Best Answers:
    Hi aab1. Congrats on setting up your own successful small businesses.

I believe that marketing is the key to making more money. Companies such as Apple & Samsung heavily promote their products and achieve success while other Android phone companies toil in obscurity.

I suggest you spend more time marketing your products, by that I mean spread the word about them and their usefulness anywhere you can. The more people that know about them, the more customers you will get.

Another thing I'd like to point out is that your eBay listings & webpages in general are not very well designed. Good sales pages are ones that are attractive, easy to read, and promote the benefits of your products. Your pages on the other hand look handmade from the 90's. Although simplicity is often good, I feel your pages may lack the professional image that potential customers can trust.

Overall try to increase awareness for your products by posting them to other places, facebook pages, social networking and other promotional activities. And also try to improve your sales pages so they look more trustworthy.

gummybear, Apr 25, 2013 IP
  18. D_C

D_C Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Since most of your sales are through ebay, I suggest getting some SEO done on your leading site. That should drive more organic traffic, but it may take longer than 2 months to get there.

You have some pretty solid businesses. You could try another tactic with your medical books and transform them into ebooks, and make some optimized websites you can run a CPC campaign on or more SEO into a sales copywrite to sell the ebook.

Just some thoughts.

D_C, Apr 25, 2013 IP
  19. angel.bluenus

angel.bluenus Member

Best Answers:
    Advertisement is very important to get more customers.so, you have to keep it in your mind.to make a successful business you have to make more profite and thats why you should give importance for advertisement.

angel.bluenus, Apr 28, 2013 IP
  20. Sharpay

Sharpay Active Member

Best Answers:
    You need to earn $500 more per month within 2 months. That means focus on what is already working!!

I suggest developing your Braun CCR business first, because you said it is currently your #1. However, if you'd prefer to promote Auction Auto Bidder, go ahead because if it's a close 2nd and you'd be more passionate about it, it's going to be an easier 2 months for you.

For the entirety of the 2 months, focus 100% of your efforts on optimizing only 1 of your businesses.

If you're going to stick with the Braun CCR, like I strongly suggest, Focus 80% of your effort on eBay. You said that's where you get most of your sales, so concentrate on it. Optimize it. Read something about how you can approve every workday.

Put the rest of the 20% into developing your website. The reason it gets less sales is probably because it's really boring. That's a fine layout for eBay, but not for an e-commerce web store. There are tons of free eCommerce stores out there, including free eCommerce WP plugins. You only have 5 products, so a free version is likely all you'll need.

For your website efforts -- again, 20% of effort, please! -- install a split tester. Google has one and it's okay, just lacking features. You can get these as wordpress plugins easily for free or for money depending on what specifically you'd be testing (free versions are almost always A/B exclusive, which is probably fine for your micro store) and if that's the route you're going to go that's what I'd recommend you use. Otherwise, Google Analytics will do just fine.

Sharpay, Apr 28, 2013 IP