1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which blog directories give you direct traffic?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Blogmaster, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Where are you looking for the traffic at and from what source? You need to look at the referrers specifically those that are coming in from an SE. What are you using to view your logs?

Mia, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  2. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Awestats.

Blogmaster, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  3. OfficialRTS

OfficialRTS Active Member

Best Answers:
    As much as people like to talk about directories and trust me i have used many of them like blogrankings etc.. i have never recived much traffic from them. Obiously i have never made it into yahoo, or dmoz but i feel like most directories are good for the directory, and bad for you. Most of the directories make you linkback to their website in order to get listed. The problem here is that you often times drive more traffic to their website then vice-versa.

Directories are good for linkjuice if you get into the right directory such as dmoz.

OfficialRTS, Apr 21, 2013 IP
  4. Web Directory Reviews Org

Web Directory Reviews Org Well-Known Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    Besides my directory of directories, which is new, I have several other domains, some of which have been around for a long time, and have had a few blogs. Roughly 80% of my traffic comes from Google, followed by Yahoo and Bing, but I do get traffic from web directories, and the traffic that I get from them tends to be more targeted, resulting in visitors who stick around longer than two seconds, and who are more likely to visit subpages.

5. manojkp

manojkp Member

Best Answers:
    There 10 -20 most high authority blogs with me like: blogger, blog, wordpress etc.. and those are driving great traffic for my websites as well. Actually it's depends how you are publishing content, images videos and or any other info with those.

manojkp, Apr 21, 2013 IP
  6. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Which directories are we talking about and what is the niche?

Blogmaster, Apr 21, 2013 IP
  7. silencer

silencer Notable Member

Best Answers:

I'll clarify... When I say "directories are some of my biggest referrers", I mean to any of my sites, regardless of the nature of that site. I wasn't referring to Info Vilesilencer in particular. Though, naturally it does get a lot of directory traffic.

As YMC suggested I think a lot of decline people are seeing is "of their own making". They had a gret listing in a directory that sent them traffic in the past, but they haven't been involving themself in any of the future/current offerings.

Are the pages you are listed on in those "big directories" garnering any real traffic? If you do a search on the keyphrases (or check out the keyword tool to see WHAT is being searched) that are in the ballpark for your site are you or any of the sites you are listed in, anywhere close to being useful in the SERPs?

In terms of analysing the referrers have you tried Google Analytics. It was built off Urchin, which I used for many years and found to be far superior to Awstats. The problem with GA is that you really need to install it correctly (most people don't and they have inaccurate stats as a result). These days it's recommended to be in the header (not the footer), and also the code snippet used has changed in recent times.

You'll probably get a far better idea of the types of traffic you are getting, due to GA's more detailed statistical analysis. Awstats is a bit crummy in this regard. e.g. Using GA you might see a particular site referring you a lot of traffic, but if it is all bounce traffic, then it is probably not as useful as it appears to be.

Also, if you have a high bounce traffic in general, then it's actually your own site that is likely to be causing the issue, and you need to work on content and conversion to engage that traffic.

silencer, Apr 24, 2013 IP
  8. Kavalar

Kavalar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    http://alltop.com/

Not a lot, though. Around 30 or so. However, every little piece counts. Also, link on Alltop are dofollow.

Kavalar, Apr 26, 2013 IP