1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to remember code !!

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by kafiemon, Apr 2, 2013.

Hello Everyone,

I think it will be a funny question for you !! As I'm initially started learning about web-Development . But It's hard to remember the coding !!! How can I remember coding ?? Please suggested me. :)

Solved! View solution.
    kafiemon, Apr 2, 2013 IP
  2. CharlieL

CharlieL Active Member

Best Answers:
    You don't need to. When you forget, just Google it. Then it's simply a matter of knowing what to Google...

CharlieL, Apr 2, 2013 IP
    postcd likes this.
  3. Skovy

Skovy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Practice Makes Perfect! If you are just learning come up with small projects to do for yourself and learn as you go. I feel this is the best way of learning. As you are working you will come up with an issue... Google it! Add that to your knowledge bank and look at that, you just learned something! And if you don't need to Google anything then that means you are beginning to learn and memorize the code. There is not one quick method to learning and memorizing code. Any method you choose there is one common factor... time! If you give the time, dedication and work needed, you will have no issues accomplishing whatever it is you pursue!

Skovy, Apr 2, 2013 IP
    When I first started learning how to code the way I would practice memorizing code is reading lots of source code from other scripts. Get source code for some script and without running the application just try to figure out what it will do, then check to see if you where right. Start with simple short code first and then move up to larger applications. From reading a lot of source code and visualizing how it will run your brain begins to assign meaning to these unfamiliar characters. Trying to memorize code out of context will never work. Once you get some feel for coding, try to write simple scripts without using the reference. Then fix all your mistakes with the reference. By doing this over and over it will build up confidence. Even if you cannot remember the exact syntax for some code, write it out in your own vocabulary and then look it up later with the correct syntax at the end; do this to avoid getting stuck over syntax and loosing focus. Practice makes perfect. Being able to write perfect code fast without having to need to look into the reference is a wonderful thing, and is a huge stress reliever tool for me personally. Eventually you will have to save code modules that you would code in the same way every time such as a database connection or email contact form that would eliminate having to use the reference almost completely. You will only come back to the reference when you are doing something new or have not coded for a while.

My biggest suggestion is to freestyle code in your own vocabulary and look up reference later. Just build up confidence that you can write the script without getting stuck and syntax is not a huge deal, it will download into your memory over time. It took me years to realize this, I would get stuck on syntax for hours and even days and get so frustrated I would mess up on the logic parts of the script. Then I started using this method and all the sudden I felt like I am worthy of being a good coder and my brain just started accepting syntax into memory with ease. Its same as giving advice on how do you memorize what to say to a girl when you go out on a date, just have confidence and do it your way and eventually after so many mistakes you will just remember what to say without thinking... :)

Max Filev, Apr 2, 2013 IP
    seo.xpert likes this.
  5. creativewebmaster

creativewebmaster Active Member

Best Answers:
    creativewebmaster, Apr 3, 2013 IP
  6. seo.xpert

seo.xpert Active Member

Best Answers:
    @Kafiemon, As a beginner you would follow Max Filev's guidelines. I would like to suggest you to scratch on notepad every codes you memorized. Find recreation on coding era. Gradually, it will be easiest. Good Luck!

seo.xpert, Apr 3, 2013 IP
  7. rolodex

rolodex Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sing a song of your codes.
    Use the standard melody of happy birthday with this lyrics.

html to you,
    head and body to you,
    uls are for navigations
    and lis will be the children.

Repeat 9x, or till you get the birthday cake.

Hehe.

rolodex, Apr 3, 2013 IP
  8. rankwatch.com

rankwatch.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Practice will make anyone perfect.
    In starting you should write all the codes in a file to get whenever needed after sometime you will remember yourself.

rankwatch.com, Apr 3, 2013 IP
  9. kafiemon

kafiemon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks you guys. Your suggestion will be helpful for me. :)

kafiemon, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  10. winas_ben

winas_ben Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just practice and practice until you grasp some codes and subconsciously you will memorize it

winas_ben, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  11. kenzo22

kenzo22 Member

Best Answers:
    Best way to learn is to write a lot. When you read tutorials, don't just read code there. Retype it, and you will remember how to do it next time :)

kenzo22, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  12. modollal

modollal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Practice will make anyone perfect. i agree

modollal, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  13. Jacksons84

Jacksons84 Member

Best Answers:
    Now a day’s Not need to Remember the code because everybody have a cell phone and I Pad and internet available 24 hour so you easily search the web site and file on internet .I provide you one link http://www.landofcode.com/ so visit the website very helpful information for you.

Jacksons84, Apr 12, 2013 IP
  14. kyme

kyme Active Member

Best Answers:
    When I code. I don't need to memorize them, I just familiarize it. And then gets into trials and error method.

kyme, Apr 12, 2013 IP
  15. postcd

postcd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I do it this way too, just type right keywords in your internet browser address bar and let google show you relevant results. learning to find proper info is important.

postcd, Sep 16, 2013 IP
  16. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    when I look up code online, many times you can just copy paste and then change what needs to be changed, but I find that its hard to remember the code, and I would need to keep looking it up.

What I do, is that I avoid copy/paste, and prefer to hand write it, doesnt matter how long or messy it is. I find that by writing it in manually forces me to remember it.

Even some of my php textbooks come with cd's, easy to copy / paste entire chapters, but again, so much more benefit gained by reading it, hand typing it in, and it just makes it easier to learn it as well as remember it.

matt_62, Sep 16, 2013 IP
  17. domainmarket.io

domainmarket.io Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The more you code, the more you remember. Like others have mentioned, practice makes perfect. And there is always the handy dandy internet at your disposal. Simply search for whatever you may have forgotten to do or code and you'll find a TON of examples.

domainmarket.io, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  18. Cone Man

Cone Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    This ^
    You should find yourself remembering stuff, the more you repeat it. That's why they made you do the same old stuff at school, day after day ;) It works in theory.

Cone Man, Sep 22, 2013 IP
  19. giulio_74

giulio_74 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    practice makes perfect !!!
    but if you do not write code for a long time can be very helpful to write notes he
    okay a notebook but also a simple word file will be very helpful as the need arises.

giulio_74, Sep 22, 2013 IP
  20. webmaster3388

webmaster3388 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    its very simple. Just go to google and search or you can create your code bank to remember.

webmaster3388, Sep 23, 2013 IP