1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Domains W/ heavy traffic

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by ghostterm, Apr 1, 2013.

Hi Guys,

I've been a member on this site for a few years now but I haven't posted or been on since about that time. One of my questions is....

Can you make money with parked domain names?

I have read articles that you can but some have said expect it to be little as a few pennies per day then some have said they make hundreds of dollars per month with 1 parked domain.

The way, I'm looking at it is if you can make $50 per month with 1 and have several others due the same, your in business.

but correct me if I'm wrong, the domain names already have to have traffic to them so that people will click on the advertisements that's provided by the parking provider, is that right?

If that's the case, my best bet is to look for "Domains" for a pretty cheap price at auction whether it be expiring or someone is putting it up for auction themselves.

Please give me your honest opinions and stories.

Thanks

ghostterm, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  2. master1989

master1989 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi there, I don't think parked domains can make money easily as the domain registrars themselves show parked pages, when the domains get expired, until renewals.
    Even if you buy the domains which already have traffic, they might loose traffic slowly, as the visitors might just see a parked page, which is not helpful for them
    my suggestion is to have a blog where in you can post unique content and get an approval from adsense and place google ads to make money. you can promote your blog anywhere on twitter, facebook, bloglog.com etc

master1989, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  3. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    a lot of traffic sellers will sell traffic that comes from expired/parked pages.
    I do not consider the traffic very good source; aka junk traffic....

dscurlock, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  4. master1989

master1989 Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes, I agree with dscurlock, People come to the website in search of something useful and find a parked page with search terms. thumbs up mate

master1989, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  5. RAM101198

RAM101198 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I entered in this field since December with no experience and currently i own about 30 domains.
    I will say Parking works and works very well. I come to know about domain parking later in January and now one of my domain is making $ 20+ per month . That's a good digit for me as i had registered most of my domains without knowing what parking is. Now if i choose 5 domains each day (New or expired) they will make at-least $ 1/day in combined. Look at this - here is a 7 day earning of single domain

Attached Files:

RAM101198, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  6. ghostterm

ghostterm Member

Best Answers:
    there's a domain that I'm interested in placing a bid. it's an expiring auction. it's of someone famous. i checked SEM rush and the last time they recorded traffic to the site was January. It had 23,719 visitors for that month. I'm looking at the chart and it looks like the traffic was decreasing. I don't know exactly what was on it before. It has a day left and it's at very low price. I was thinking about bidding, hope to get it cheap and hire a professional word content writer/article writer and designer for the site so that they can write all about that person and I can post Adsense on the pages. If the site still has that much traffic, or if they still have any for that matter, they'll stay on it for longer, be interested and tell others and that way the traffic will stop decreasing, then I'll eventually sell it later on.

You say if a domain already has sold with traffic, most of the time it's considered "junk traffic" well I wouldn't think it would be if the right content is placed on the domain name.

Not unless, every domain name you buy is strictly based on the "name alone" and other people don't care about the junk traffic, your best bet is to hire people to help advertise it that way you can start eventually getting legitimate traffic.

I would like to search for popular domains that I can bid on, then fix up by hiring the right people to make that happen and over time. I can make profit from each site through Adsense alone since parking domain names don't look so hot.

Where is the best place to go and find popular domain names? and if you can give me any hints of what that might be, that would be awesome. and also where to go to find the right people to hire to make my SITES come to life?

ghostterm, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  7. nickywalker

nickywalker Member

Best Answers:
    I think it's something you can make a bit of money off but you have to be quite disiplined to do so. I went through a phase a few years back of buying up exact match domains with the view to building small websites with adsense revenue of the back. I made a fair bit doing it but I found I bought loads and never found the time to do them justice, epecially true if your watching for domains dropping as you see them become free, say to yourself "oh that's a good one, nab it" pay the £6 or whatever and then basically forget about it.

I've still got loads that i've never done anything with

nickywalker, Apr 2, 2013 IP
  8. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I would say if anyone is making good money, then it would be those that have huge amount of domains parked, then they sell their traffic to traffic resellers; as i do know there are traffic sellers
    that sell traffic from expired/parked domains, but the traffic i purchased over they years even
    from different sources never produced anything; I just dont think buying traffic works....

dscurlock, Apr 2, 2013 IP
  9. ghostterm

ghostterm Member

Best Answers:

you say that if you choose 5 domains each day, they'll make a $1/day combined. that's 20 cents. If that's true, then I have about 4 or 5 that I own right now that's listed with GoDaddy. I just bought the domains the other day. I'll try parking with them see if I can make that. If I can, then I'd be really happy.....

ghostterm, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  10. MikeQ

MikeQ Member

Best Answers:
    It is true that money can be made in domain parking, lots of experienced domain name marketers are doing this thing.

First thing you need to do is to find traffic domains, you can find them from expired domains as well, if you managed to find some domains with Alexa rank 20,000 to 50,000 then it is good for earning money.

Some short, one-word domains have high searches, they have type-in traffic, if you managed to find these kind of domains then of course, you can make good money..

Some typo domains like Faceboook, Faceboo, Fasebook would be great source of earning from parking..

MikeQ, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  11. ghostterm

ghostterm Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tips. where would be the 1st place to look to find them for sale with an alexa rank 20,000 to 50,000? and how much can you pick these up for?

ghostterm, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  12. ghostterm

ghostterm Member

Best Answers:
    i'm searching on godaddy under there expiring and most ending soonest and they all have bids so I go under alexa.com to see what the ranking is and it either comes back and says no data or it's far off from being in that range.

13. ghostterm

ghostterm Member

Best Answers:
    what is the best way to determine if an expiring domain has traffic? and how many visitors there taking in? Does anyone know any accurate websites that help with this?

14. netcfo

netcfo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I get money from several PARKING company
    such as sedo,dopa

netcfo, Apr 10, 2013 IP