1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Suggestion Urgent

Discussion in 'All Other Search Engines' started by seoblore, Mar 27, 2013.

Hi
    All , Here i am looking right suggestion from you. I'am going to create a hotel booking site, where customers can book room directly from my site but my question is i want create one data base and want to use it other website.

for example
    my site is abcd.co.in and abcd.co.uk

The hotels information will be same in both website.

So my question " is Google like major search engine will count as duplicate site, if yes is there any solutions"

you can take example of expedia.co.uk/ and expedia.co.in/

Please help me.

seoblore, Mar 27, 2013 IP
  2. MikeQ

MikeQ Member

Best Answers:
    Put unique content on both sites, or integrate both sites with one site.
    This would be good from what I think, I would look for other replies here too.

MikeQ, Mar 28, 2013 IP
  3. bigbluesky2006

bigbluesky2006 Active Member

Best Answers:
    So you're saying that basically you're creating the same website but for different countries with a geo specific domain?

There is an option in Google Webmaster Tools where you can specifiy the target country. This might (with the emphasis on "might") help you avoid a penalty since each domain is targetting a specific country.

Why not just create one website and have a different version for each country. Just seems like a lot of work to create a seperate site for each country.

bigbluesky2006, Mar 29, 2013 IP
  4. Alcalo

Alcalo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Putting exactly the same content on different sites will affect your rankings dramatically on ALL your pages. I'd stick with idea of creating just one site, buy the specific country domains and all of them would point to the base site... But... unless is just an fake example... I think the hotel industry is super saturated :(

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
    Alcalo, Mar 29, 2013 IP
  5. seoblore

seoblore Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you guys will go through expedia.co.in and expedia.co.uk.
    How they develop.

seoblore, Mar 31, 2013 IP
  6. Alcalo

Alcalo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    They are a worldwide recognized brand and have large teams of people for developing each country site (Their income stream allows them to pay them all). You can bet that they are not run by a single person. ;)

Alcalo, Mar 31, 2013 IP
  7. nybart

nybart Member

Best Answers:
    You can make the robots.txt file skip over one of the sites, that way you will not get penalized on the other site. The only issue with this is that you will have to get trafic on your other site by other means.

nybart, Mar 31, 2013 IP
  8. seoblore

seoblore Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    thanks, I mean you are saying in google webmaster tool just specify the country name , so would i create different google webmaster id for different domain or use same id. just visit expedia.co.in and expedia.co.uk.

Waiting your message

seoblore, Apr 12, 2013 IP
  9. seoblore

seoblore Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, can you explain details.

seoblore, Apr 12, 2013 IP
  10. nybart

nybart Member

Best Answers:
    robots.txt is the file that tells search engines what to do, you should have a file called this on each site (for both locations). On one of the sites robots.txt add the following:

User-agent: *
    Disallow: /
    Code (markup):
    That will make your site (with that code in the robots.txt) not be indexed in search engines (my search engine will skip over that site entirely), but not make the other sites ranking be penalized for having copied content. The only drawback of this solution is you will have to get traffic by means that are not search engines such as links.

nybart, Apr 13, 2013 IP