1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which is Your Most Effective SEO Technique?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Mr.Dog, Mar 29, 2013.

Hi,

I am wondering which are the top most-effective SEO techniques...

Mine so far: guest posting on relevant sites that get real traffic.

I've almost given up all directory/featured listings, focusing on guest posts.

What's your most effective SEO strategy? (By the way: SEO, not IM, so SM and anything that has little or nothing to do with search engines are excluded!)

Mr.Dog, Mar 29, 2013 IP
  2. anoel08

anoel08 Active Member

Best Answers:
    First, I focus on my on-page SEO. All my meta tags are optimized. I make sure that my inner pages link to each other using my main keyword and lsi keywords as anchor text.

Then I focus on my off-page SEO. I build backlinks using a mixture of no-follow and do-follow along with switching up the anchor texts of my links. I use my main keyword, lsi keywords, misspelled keywords, and random works like "click here" and even the URL of the site.

I build my backlinks on a tier basis. 1 tier points to my money site; 2nd tier points to 1st tier; 3rd tier points to 2nd tier and so on.

My backlinks are a mix of blog posts, blog comments, web 2.0 properties, forum posts, signature links, press releases, and articles.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
    anoel08, Mar 29, 2013 IP
  3. The SEO Man

The SEO Man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use a combonation of quality back links, and yes I do use link directories and article directories, but I am selective on which directories I post adds too. Sometimes it's even a good idea to link back to the directories that you post links in, even if you do not link back from the same site.

Promote sites that promote your sites....

The SEO Man, Mar 29, 2013 IP
  4. RoguePyro

RoguePyro Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have been very successful with tiered link building. But its very important to focus on quality not quantity.
    Other than that its pretty simple, its just tiers pointing to other tiers. Most importantly, its all about quality, relevant content.

RoguePyro, Mar 29, 2013 IP
  5. MikeQ

MikeQ Member

Best Answers:
    This is really good strategy now, I would say that make sure most of the sites are quality sites, for better result.

MikeQ, Mar 29, 2013 IP
  6. anoel08

anoel08 Active Member

Best Answers:

Quality is definitely a must post Panda and Penguin. But a mix of relevant and non-relevant sites makes your link profile look more natural.

anoel08, Mar 30, 2013 IP
  7. marketingwithjack

marketingwithjack Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Proper site structure has changed the SEO game for me. I'm generating a lot more traffic than I ever did before.

marketingwithjack, Mar 30, 2013 IP
  8. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Guest posting is a great strategy. But the one I use is posting on social media and letting the backlinks come naturally.

ninjamtlt1, Mar 30, 2013 IP
  9. Trish0102

Trish0102 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Adding meta titles to your pages is the first and simplest thing you will need to do to let search engines know, "Hey, I'm out here, and I'm relevant for this keyword".
    Every SEO expert will tell you that prior to beginning, they will need to find what the relevant keywords for your site are. Truth be told, this is something you can also do yourself. If your industry is particular (or specific), you probably know it better than any consultant.

Trish0102, Mar 31, 2013 IP
  10. afoley77

afoley77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am using guest posting, high page rank and relevant directory and social bookmarking, forum posting and create quality back link for my site..

afoley77, Mar 31, 2013 IP
  11. arunshory

arunshory Member

Best Answers:
    In on-page optimization Title, content & Anchor text based on keyword.
    Submit all pages in major search engines
    In off-Page social bookmarking, Blog posting, High page rank directory submission is good.

arunshory, Mar 31, 2013 IP
  12. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    For me Article Submission works.

eric_wahlberg, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  13. scholarsjunction

scholarsjunction Member

Best Answers:
    I work on high pr directories, article submission and social media.

scholarsjunction, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  14. Andy01

Andy01 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can generate good quality backlinks, directory submissions and article submissions which can be better SEO techniques. Creating facebook page for your business or product can also be good option to promote your business.

Andy01, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  15. SEO Link Manager

SEO Link Manager Active Member

Best Answers:
    Everyone is right...but the main point had been missed up by everyone i.e. UNIQUE CONTENT

yes...you may do anything for your site like - link exchange, directory, article, social, link wheel, guest post - anything...

but you must use fresh, relevant and unique (i.e. copyscape pass) content for everywhere even you use description for link building or to use for any directory/social submission also.

SEO Link Manager, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  16. rashmy

rashmy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi I am new to this forum, Nice to see you all, one of the best forum on the net, thanks guys for your useful tips and discussions

I have just bought a wordpress website
    http://www.coconutoil4health.co.uk/
    I would like to know how can I add meta titles to my pages ?

I am really sorry if this question sounds stupid

Regards

rashmy, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  17. knowing25

knowing25 Member

Best Answers:
    social traffic is a significant value for SEO in 2013

knowing25, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  18. politico

politico Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would have to say one of the most effective link building techniques I've seen is a tiered linking strategy with Web 2.0 properties. They key is of course quality of content. If you're building a wordpress/blogspot/tumblr blog (or any other web2 platform) you need to post multiple articles. It's not as effective to have a single page web 2.0 only linking to your money site.

Have multiple high quality posts (articles that actually provide VALUE). Include images and videos and even links to other authority sites in your niche. It keeps things looking natural.

That's your Tier 1. You the send good quality backlinks (articles, directories, web2.0s, wikis, etc.) to this first tier. Then you send more links as a third tier to your second tier. (third tier links are more about volume than anything else.)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2013
    politico, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  19. Marton123

Marton123 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Good quality content plays an important role in optimization..We should post unique content in high page rank sites to get good backlinks which inturn increases popularity of our site..

Marton123, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  20. Girishjones

Girishjones Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i think Content marketing..

Girishjones, Apr 3, 2013 IP